Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Jabberlock posted:

Dwarf Fortress is still cool, right?

depends on how hardcore your autism is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
This War of Mine was pretty good, but really depressing.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Ekster posted:

depends on how hardcore your autism is

hey I like DF :(

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Noyemi K posted:

hey I like DF :(

tbh I might have liked it if I started playing it when I was like 10 and had near infinite tolerance for awful UIs and arcane rule sets but I tried it out for the first time a year ago and yeah this is basically what a game looks like when only programmers make it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Factorio is really good, as is SpaceChem and Space Engineers.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Gnomoria is a good DF-lite if like me you don't like ascii or learning long key commands

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Beef Turret posted:

garbage game words

i have become more and more hostile to the idea of someone who makes music or indie games or whatever writing about their Important Thoughts as though the craft they've learned imbues them with special knowledge

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Beef Turret posted:

Anonymous asked: Are you really ok with showing a piece of your soul to the Internet?

Here is a mystery.

As a living individual I appear to have self. You likely accept me on this basis; perceiving that my entity seems animated and self-evident. I suppose the essence of that ‘self’ you intuit would be called my soul.

This soul must be like the imprint of my personality, and after I die I suppose I can trust it to perpetuate my all-important person onto some new vessel—-whether a spirit body in Heaven or a crude form on Earth.

Except I don’t have a personality. Not really.

Inwardly I am anyone. That is why it is absurd to love or hate me for how I manifest. Only my circumstances in intermediate existence bind me. Were I born as anything else I would accord properly. As a dog I would pant and beg for treats. As a horse I’d hoof and grunt. As a woman…I’d well…who knows.

Everything I appear to be is only what I have adapted to be in this quasi-state. I was born into a costume I cannot remove, and so I’ve become the ultimate method actor.

A soul—-as a vessel for my personality—-cannot therefore be terribly critical. It becomes like a piggy bank for someone with no savings.

Try to describe me. It becomes a game ‘of this or that’—‘not this and not that’. By categories and defining details you can try to localize me within an enclosed identity—-a nice little fenced in yard for me to play.

However, anything you can call me I can contradict in time.

Suppose then you describe me by what is mundanely objective—-by species, race, gender. Can such generalities be sufficient to summarize my soul?

To use a game related analogy—my soul is like Kirby before he’s adopted a power. It can be anything. A soul is intangible to all qualities.

What possesses qualities also possesses opposites. Heat and cold, yin and yang, life and death. If the soul had attributes it could be extinguished—-but by definition we know the soul is immortal and incapable of being harmed.

The truth is that the soul in me may be the same soul that’s in you. I suspect this. My inkling is there is only one self, an infinity, and that we are expressions of it. Life after death means rejoining the source.

There is no way he did not send himself that anon.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I feel extremely gay for playing gingiva and middens now :cripes:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam! Gaiden
Space Funeral

Two of the best JRPGs ever made.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Beef Turret posted:

I feel extremely gay for playing gingiva and middens now :cripes:

lmao loser, fatty, baby

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Legit loved the atmosphere and sound design in limbo. Hotline Miami is fun and The Swapper ils gorgeous too but gently caress puzzles

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

BeefThief posted:

what are some indie games you like to sperg out too

lords of xulima s good I think.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Barkley is very good. Can't wait for the sequel.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Unturned can be fun with friends (seriouspost).

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
indie games used to be probably cool, but now the mostly not poo poo ones cost the same as a real game so kinda not worth it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Let's play Unturned, guys

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930/

My steam account is: Lowtaxico

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

TOILETLORD posted:

indie games used to be probably cool, but now the mostly not poo poo ones cost the same as a real game so kinda not worth it.
Unturned is free right now

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowtax posted:

Unturned is free right now

not just now but always, i think i stopped playing it because my internet sucks and it wasn't worth waiting 2 hours for the new update to download.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

TOILETLORD posted:

not just now but always, i think i stopped playing it because my internet sucks and it wasn't worth waiting 2 hours for the new update to download.
The 3.0 official update has been taking foreeeever (and the beta for it stinks).

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
my biggest gaming dissapointment so far has been the new might and magic. All i want is EA to pay some artist to give me a pretty world of xeen with a better UI.

Lowtax any chance you could LP sunrider it's a free animes graphical novel on steam.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
why not im in

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not many people play Blade Symphony but it owns when you get someone the same skill level as you. im not very skilled at it and everyone else is

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Let's play Unturned, guys

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930/

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

definitely gonna try this out when i get the time, it looks perhaps like the most upcoming of hardcore shooters

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Downloading now.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
That was a very very small download.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
*kind of inspirational music plays as I click "character" and the camera slowly pans to a man more blocky and low rez than minecraft dude*

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

az
Dec 2, 2005

lets unturn this thing

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dwarf fortress really isn't as arcane as people make it out to be imo. The UI is a bitch at first but it really doesn't have some arcane ruleset.

Waltzing Along posted:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Played the poo poo out of this as a kid, was stuck on the 'get the parrot to repeat the right phrase' puzzle near the beginning for way too long.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Catz

az
Dec 2, 2005

thanks lowtax this is kinda fun

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Goblet Grotto is very good and fun

EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY GOBLET GROTTO

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I came here to post SPACE FUNERAL!!

it is by the makers of goblet grotto

a sign of quality :yum:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

:hfive:

Basically everything from thecatamites should be played at least once

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
dinner date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Ekster posted:

oh yeah miasmata is also legit good

damnit i was going to say that

i bought mountain yesterday cause it was like 66 cents and still is, its an interesting lil thing to run in the background of just browsing the web

• Locked thread