Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long until Showtime fights again?
This poll is closed.
90 days 5 5.68%
6 months 18 20.45%
1 year 25 28.41%
stripped of title 40 45.45%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
In order to make fights good to watch and improve mma it's your duty as a prize fighter to stand around doing the street fighter stun wobble if you're gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

Yeah Trujillo and Ferguson are up there, just a notch below Barboza and Jury.

Lightweight is so got dang awesome. Just look at those names, and they aren't even sniffing at a title eliminator at the present moment

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shizen posted:

At least when he was gassed he tried to go for a take down instead of zone out for two rounds like lawler did who wasn't gassed.

He didn't actually try to take him down though, he just smelled his grundle and waited for the ref to separate them.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

you thought Hendricks won round 1 though

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

origami posted:

It was cool seeing a bunch of knees thrown in the first pay dividends later in the fight.

this was the deciding factor in this fight, imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
here's a cool stat. hendricks got lawler down 5 times in 17 attempts and landed.... one single strike on the ground for the entire fight. info courtesy of jack slack http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-ufc-181-post-fight-recap

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
in my big hendricks watch, my main takeaway that I didnt expect was that hes completely horrible at GnP

drcrumble
May 20, 2001
I WANNA RUB MAH BONER ON UR ASS
p.s. I enjoy guzzling bull semen.
Robbie's offensive output in the 4th round consisted of: a high kick followed by a knee to the body around minute 3, a left followed by another high kick around minute 2, and the last 20 seconds where he rained down shots (a gif posted in the main thread shows many of those landing on Johny's arm). Aside from that, he landed literally nothing but a few jabs.

Overall there were about 3 minutes on the feet, where Hendricks outlanded Lawler pretty handily, 1 minute of taint on head position with Robbie getting pushed up against the cage, and 1 minute split between Johny attempting a takedown in the middle of the cage and the final seconds where Robbie dominated.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Marching Powder posted:

here's a cool stat. hendricks got lawler down 5 times in 17 attempts and landed.... one single strike on the ground for the entire fight. info courtesy of jack slack http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-ufc-181-post-fight-recap

Jack Slack used the term Abu Schuabi. I thought that was a psp term.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Jack Slack used the term Abu Schuabi. I thought that was a psp term.

we all steal funny terms from other, funnier mma forums

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

or jack slack's a goon w/e

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

in my big hendricks watch, my main takeaway that I didnt expect was that hes completely horrible at GnP

he's all stumpy

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Back to the main UFC thread, fly away nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So you can apparently win a title by throwing a bunch of ineffectual whiffy hay-makers in the first and last rounds now?

Doesn't matter if you get dominated for the entire rest of the fight, just spazz out like a loving moron who saw a fight once in the first and last rounds and the judges will give it to you because that's all they will remember.

• Locked thread