Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Latest Update: 100% Completion & Unlockables, and the finale!!! (05/23/15)

Also: I'm doing a side Let's Play of Resident Evil: Revelations 2! You should check it out because it's a lot like this game, but with a good story!

Dead Space 3 is an action-thriller third-person shooter video game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC and is the sequel to Dead Space 2. It was development by Visceral Games and was published by Electronic Arts on February 5, 2013 in the United States and February 8, 2013 in Europe.

A few years after escaping the necromorph outbreak on Titan Station, Isaac Clarke's relationship is falling apart. Ellie, the spunky female protagonist who escaped with him in the last game, has become a shell of her former self, having left him in his dreary apartment to go gently caress around elsewhere in the galaxy. Isaac's rent is late and he is headed straight for the poorhouses, which is a little sad considering he's the savior of the galaxy and all.

A radical Unitologist group known as the "Inner Circle" has begun tampering with Marker test labs on major colonies all throughout the galaxy, activating them to begin the spread of the necromorph infection anew, and the story begins on Earth's moon, where Isaac has been enlisted by Captain Robert Norton and Sgt. John Carver of EarthGov (against his will) to stop the epidemic before things get any worse.

Things get worse though. I mean really that's a given. Things get WAY worse.

I wrote a post on the timeline of the Dead Space series, if you want to know more about the lore you should give it a read. It goes over all the important stuff.

Dead Space 3 is not a horror game. It's only marginally scary, the guns make ragdolls fly everywhere, and it has co-op. This game is more like Resident Evil 4: It's an action game, but sometimes has horror game elements in it. I am torn on whether it's a good or bad game so I won't pass judgement on it with just that statement alone, instead I'll elaborate on why that is throughout. Plus it's fun to shoot zombiemen, moreso than ever before. Really, more than anything, it's hilarious, which is why I like it. The over the top and out-of-its-intended-genre gameplay compliment the frankly goddamn awful story and it becomes a symphony of consistently funny schlock.

If you want to watch an LP of the first game, I suggest you check out DumbRodent's currently running playthrough of it here. It's much better than this game for sure, but maybe that's why you're here in the first place.

Yes, to an extent. As long as they are tagged and the thread doesn't turn into an FBI document you can talk about stuff we haven't seen yet. Just don't start off a discussion with I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GIANT DRILL SHOOTING MINIGAME IN CHAPTER 12 and I'm sure we'll be fine. Also, do me a favor because Blind Sally and Nine-Gear Crow are is staying totally unspoiled, and

Similarly to Dead Space 2, this game does not have dedicated chapter transitions and instead makes the whole game seamless, which makes it a pain in the rear end to edit. There are also optional missions, which I will be doing because the rewards are cool/useful. I'll try to keep my editing sane; optional missions will not necessarily be optional VIDEOS, but they will be appropriately placed in the table of contents.

Additionally, me and my co-commentator friends will be doing some co-op videos! The main videos will be in single player because the game's a lot funnier that way, but I will be showing off all of the co-op missions and some of the single player ones in co-op because some really cool poo poo happens in them! I might also put up a few loving-around-during-the-story ones. Co-op missions will be marked with a little kawaii Carver head in the table of contents.

As with all of my Let's Plays, there will be two versions of every video: One with cut commentary so you don't have to hear me and my buddies blabbing over the cutscenes, and one with uncut commentary that is pretty self-explanitory. Usually I'd recommend you go for the cut commentary first but this game has very little atmosphere worth preserving so go ahead and watch the uncut version if you can't decide which you want to watch. I have subtitles turned on and this game's plot is pretty bad, so you probably won't be missing anything anyway. Still, the option is there because I know there are people who prefer it that way.

Two extra things that you should read: One, the game's font is goddamn terrible and has a thin black outline that looks like crap and is almost unreadable at YouTube's default size. If you want to read the subtitles please watch in expanded view. And two, the videos are in SIXTY FRAMES PER SECOND IN 720p WOOOAHHH so if you have a browser that supports it make sure to check that option out.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

(by BMS, immortalized by Blind Sally)

(by ledgy, immortalized as my avatar for many months)

(by kloro)

(by nine-gear crow)

(by Blind Sally)

(by nine-gear crow)

(by Blind Sally)

(by Blind Sally) (CLICK IT)

(by nine-gear crow)

(by nine-gear crow)

(by Blind Sally)

(by me)

(by Sandymane)

Fish Noise posted:

Someone asked for The Binding of Isaac Clarke?

What's this? Why, it's

You may observe that Isaac is wearing the arctic suit.

That means its comes with

Oh. Oh god.

Kurieg posted:

CJacobs posted:

Now I'm just imagining Isaac riding on Caver's shoulders to pass a really tall co-op mission door with a height requirement :allears:
"You know what this means!"

"Mecha Altman!"

(by tlarn)

(by nine-gear crow)

Lurking Haro posted:

*May contain undefined biomass

(by jamiethed)

(by blind sally)

(by blind sally, again :argh:)

(by tlarn)

(by nine-gear crow)

(by Fish Noise, :hellyeah:)

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 21, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today we explore the vast reaches of Antarctica and find our first clue on which character is actually the creature in disguise. I am joined by Blind Sally.

edit: Oh and by the way, if at any time the audio suddenly gets quieter (usually during firefights), it's because I had to lower the volume like 15db because otherwise it'd clip horribly and blow out your eardrums. The audio balancing in Dead Space 3 is fuckin awful; voices are very quiet, and the sound effects and music are very loud. There is no intermediary. I will do my best to fix it in post as changing my settings ingame doesn't really help much.

TEXT LOGS AND COLLECTIBLES IN THIS CHAPTER: (thanks Dead Space wiki)

quote:

TO: ENS PATRICK BECKFORD

SUBJECT: SPECIAL CARGO

I cannot stress how important it is that your cargo reaches its intended destination. Should you fail in your mission, it is not just our lives that are at stake, but those of your wives, your children --- everyone you have ever known.

I pray that the Codex finds its way safely to my hands before it is too late.

Godspeed.

quote:

EXCERPT FROM “AN END TO EARTHGOV?”

EarthGov officials yesterday denied rumors that the government was no longer able to contain the widespread violence that has gripped the colonies in recent weeks. The violence began 16 days ago on Uxor following a year-long campaign by the Church of Unitology.

Five colonies have gone dark since the Unitology riots began. There have been rumors of bombings at government laboratories and eyewitness accounts of brutal killings following shortly after.

quote:

MISSIVE TO THE FAITHFUL

When the Black Marker was first discovered on Earth so long ago, the government at the time hid all evidence of it from us. When our prophet Michael Altman spoke out against them, he was silenced.

Now EarthGov continues that legacy. They tamper with the Markers – making blasphemous copies as part of their secret research programs. They have taken our sacred relic and turned into a disease.

But nature has ways of correcting itself. By liberating the Markers we can end this cycle of death and begin this cycle of rebirth.

Join me as we take back our future - the future the marker promises to us all.

- Jacob Arthur Danik

And now some trivia:

- The achievement you get for completing the Prologue is called "A Stranger in a Strange Land", referring to the excellent 60s sci-fi classic of the same name by Robert A. Heinlein. It's a good book, read it! It's recognized by the Library of Congress as a book that shaped English literature!
- Despite taking place 200-ish years in the past (relative to Dead Space that is), Tim is still equipped with a stasis module even though he doesn't have any stasis to use. The RIG technology has existed for a very long time, it seems!
- In Classic Mode, wherein you can only use weapons from previous Dead Space games, Carver will toss Isaac his plasma cutter instead of his own submachine gun when he and Norton are leaving Isaac's apartment. Attention to detail!
- I make fun of DredgerCorp a lot in the video, because MAN what a stupid name that is, but in the Dead Space 1 prequel books, Altman (who as I mentioned is basically an Isaac stand-in) worked with DredgerCorp to uncover the first known Marker off of the gulf of Mexico on Earth! Then once they're finished they kill him to set up the beginning of the unitologist religion and turn him into a martyr (hence why the book is called Dead Space: Martyr). So they really ARE evil!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 7, 2014

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Ah, Dead Space 3... The game I played briefly, then uninstalled, and then reinstalled. So, good things (of which there are some)! First up, Danik's voice actor, Simon Templeman, is pretty cool, and does a really good job of "I'm an arrogant religious nut, and also cacklingly evil. Eyes forward, viewers, you don't want to miss my condescension at your ridiculously tiny worldview!"

This is unsurprising, as he also played Kain (Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen and Defiance), Dr. Victor Von Doom (Fantastic four 90s tv series), and Sir Mordred (Prince Valiant and... Biker Mice From Mars?!?) The machine pistol is also surprisingly good.

Also, there is some extra dialog by this point in co-op, but it's mostly more of the same action movie snark-offs we've been seeing so far. I don't know if CJacobs is going to show off anything from those first parts again for co-op, so I'll spoiler tag the nit we picked while testing stuff.

Carver, your buddy cop partner (No, really, that's probably going to be a theme, how stereotypically buddy-cop Isaac and Carver are), gets shot several times in the chest, and I'm pretty sure once in the face. Dudes go over, claim only Isaac is still alive... And when the cutscene ends, whup, there's Carver, somehow perfectly fine (and already standing knee deep in junk) despite having been declared dead... Er... Around a minute ago.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Hooray, the thread is up! Altman be praised.

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
DS3 was... Well, it was a game. I didn't pick it up until the EA bundle because I couldn't justify spending money on a game that was more action than survival horror. I liked the new weapon mechanics, but weirdly enough I was never really able to effectively kill anything with stuff I made compared to the classic weapons. I had an easier time with a Plasma Cutter/Javelin Gun combo on classic than I did with anything I was able to put together.

Of course, that may have been because I have a sick obsession with Seeker Rifle+Shotgun secondary.

All that said, it wasn't really a bad game, it just didn't really feel like a Dead Space game to me.

I could never really take Templeman Danik seriously, though. He's like evil space Elton John.

Tofu Survivor fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 8, 2014

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Excellent, I've been waiting for this. Thanks CJacobs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tofu Survivor posted:

I could never really take Templeman seriously, though. He's like evil space Elton John.

His get-up is pretty fabulous.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Gonna go ahead and follow this LP just for Templeman.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Oh boy, this game. Gameplay-wise, it seems like a step up, but the story and characters did not sit right with me.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I liked about this game was how quickly Isaac comes around. Like he starts out doing standard reluctant protagonist moping in his apartment don't want to get involved leave me alone poo poo, but once the earthgov drag him out it takes like ten minutes before he's like "Actually, you know what gently caress it I'll save the world. Sure. Let's get this done. Let me just strap six guns together and launch myself into an asteroid belt like a human firework." It could easily seem inconsistent but given how he acted through the first two games it seems perfectly in character for him

e: might want to fix your post link in the OP there mate

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whoops, I copied the wrong link, it is fixed now thank you.

JamieTheD posted:

Carver, your buddy cop partner (No, really, that's probably going to be a theme, how stereotypically buddy-cop Isaac and Carver are), gets shot several times in the chest, and I'm pretty sure once in the face. Dudes go over, claim only Isaac is still alive... And when the cutscene ends, whup, there's Carver, somehow perfectly fine (and already standing knee deep in junk) despite having been declared dead... Er... Around a minute ago.

This thing that happens is really drat funny compared to the single player version and I'll have to cut it into one of the co-op vids because man. Carver just stands there like a lemon as if he were just waiting, waist deep in bodies, for Isaac to get up.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Watching this in 60fps makes the combat extremely fast. I played a bit but got bored after 10 minutes so I am interested how the game progressed.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Tofu Survivor posted:

DS3 was... Well, it was a game. I didn't pick it up until the EA bundle because I couldn't justify spending money on a game that was more action than survival horror. I liked the new weapon mechanics, but weirdly enough I was never really able to effectively kill anything with stuff I made compared to the classic weapons. I had an easier time with a Plasma Cutter/Javelin Gun combo on classic than I did with anything I was able to put together.

Of course, that may have been because I have a sick obsession with Seeker Rifle+Shotgun secondary.

All that said, it wasn't really a bad game, it just didn't really feel like a Dead Space game to me.

I could never really take Templeman seriously, though. He's like evil space Elton John.

I felt really disappointed with the uni-ammo and crafting in DS3 after a short while, to be honest. There are indeed quite a few fun things you can do with it, but most of the weapons feel underpowered, the lack of ammo types means the only thing pushing you to use different weapons is novelty, and you can't make a good Line Gun with the Plasma Cutter's rotate function. I've played it two and a bit times because I accompanied one and a bit friends through it in co-op, but for the co-op ones I just said "Here, here's ALL THE MEDIGEL and the parts you need to make a fun weapon from the word go" and went around with an ultimate-power rocket launcher blasting anything threatening me.

Oh, speaking of co-op, CJacobs, will you be showing both players for those? The co-op mechanics are one of the few places I think are genuinely pretty great in DS3.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WFGuy posted:

Oh, speaking of co-op, CJacobs, will you be showing both players for those? The co-op mechanics are one of the few places I think are genuinely pretty great in DS3.

I will, yes. Whoever comes along with me, we'll both be recording video and I'll swap between our perspectives. I'll be playing as Carver during the co-op videos because some cool poo poo happens as Carver that you actually don't get to see as the Isaac player.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I know Unitology was always a powerful organization in past games but in DS3, they have literally turned into Cerberus from the Mass Effect games in being a galaxy dominating super power.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
I'll agree with Judge Tesla. Unitology getting that powerful was kind of bullshit.

Especially since it's basically Scientology.

If EarthGov wasn't firmly grasping the Idiot Ball, they'd have shut them down a long time ago, especially since EarthGov in the two previous game seemed to have integrated a lot of lessons from the Gestapo and Stasi in their basic functioning.

Then again, if Simon Templeman was doing my propaganda, I'd be ruler of the world too.

That said, I'll always point towards the competence of the SCAF in containing the Necromorph outbreak. Even with the Marker clearly making people do stupid poo poo ("Let's bring back the infected corpses unto the fleet, despite knowing they'll get back up and kill people. I see nothing wrong with this."), they had clear and precise protocols in place for every eventuality and Mahad acted quickly and decisively when it became clear things had gone out of control.

Hell, they even recognized/knew that the Markers are memetic hazards that could only be fought with similar means no matter how horrifying they may seem, as we'll see.

Really, if we didn't know about the existence of Serrano's plan to stop the Marker, Mahad would have been in the right. As it was, his only mistake was not investigating Serrano's claims before cleaning everything up.

Whereas EarthGov… Well, Idiot Ball.

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.

WFGuy posted:

I felt really disappointed with the uni-ammo and crafting in DS3 after a short while, to be honest. There are indeed quite a few fun things you can do with it, but most of the weapons feel underpowered, the lack of ammo types means the only thing pushing you to use different weapons is novelty, and you can't make a good Line Gun with the Plasma Cutter's rotate function. I've played it two and a bit times because I accompanied one and a bit friends through it in co-op, but for the co-op ones I just said "Here, here's ALL THE MEDIGEL and the parts you need to make a fun weapon from the word go" and went around with an ultimate-power rocket launcher blasting anything threatening me.

I was a little upset with ammo at first, partly because it felt so much like Mass Effect's transfer from the overheat system to the "thermal clip" ammo system. It was also partly because I didn't like the idea of my voracious Plasma Cutter usage chipping away at the supply of my fallback weapons. I just sort of got used to it after a while I guess, which isn't exactly a good sign. How they force you to gather resources to actually build stuff pissed me off pretty bad, too. It was so much simpler to just score space cash from bodies and semiconductors than gathering like 5 different resources and hoping you have enough of each. The weapon changes did sort of cause me to abandon the Line Gun, and that was always a staple of my arsenal along with the Plasma Cutter and Force Gun.

I think what was easily my least favorite part of the game, what made me say "gently caress this poo poo" every time it came up was the rappelling sections. God those sections can suck my dick, the ascending ones especially.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The biggest problem was just how many weapons were 'It's a gun.' and 'It's a more powerful gun.'

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

This game looks goofy as gently caress. This should be fun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is a game that I played most of the way through and then gave up. It's a very fun game, but it suffers from a few glaring faults that keep me from maintaining the enthusiasm to play it. I think the biggest one is simply how badly it starts to drag on; you come to the point where Isaac and Carver can't complete a single task without having to backtrack twice or enter a previously never-before-seen area on the opposite side of the map because someone forgot to flip one switch before dying horribly long before you arrived. It starts to feel like the game is desperately trying to pad itself out to make up for not having enough substance on its own.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I actually finished the game, but only in co-op and I've never played it a second time. I always thought of it in the same way as Star Trek, Resident Evil 6 and Gears 3: Fun with a friend, but there's virtually no other reason to ever play it.

drat shame, really, considering how much I liked the first two games. I wasn't even going to get DS3, but my best friend goaded me into picking it up on the cheap so we could co-op our way through it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

One other criticism the video inspired me to remember is that when this game actually gets to plot-relevant stuff, it seems to go too fast. Danik is their badass, well-dressed British villain with awesome dialogue, but he has no backing. He appears on a space blimp to just barely establish himself as a Unitologist leader, and then two minutes later the Unitologists are crazy paramilitary terrorists attacking the Moon and Danik is leading them with his fancy fur-lined jacket; he only appears for maybe two minutes before disappearing, and I think he barely even appears in person throughout the rest of the game.

I'm not saying the game needed a 30 minute intro sequence showing a day in the life of Depression Isaac, but they just tried to zoom into the combat and advance the plot ASAP and you find yourself unsure of the importance of Danik when you end up mostly just shooting the same necromorphs as usual. The first two games, on the other hand, had multiple villains with relatively regular appearances (especially the first one) and enough time and dialogue to establish why they were there and why they were a threat. Combine that with the tendency to drag things out with backtracking and repeated "We need to fight another 10 minutes to go press a button" moments to pad the game out, and you end up with hella odd pacing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
This game spent too much time recapping what happened in the previous games, rather than establishing the new narrative. I couldn't tell you why.

Altman works in mysterious ways.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Altman be praised.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

CJacobs posted:

I will, yes. Whoever comes along with me, we'll both be recording video and I'll swap between our perspectives. I'll be playing as Carver during the co-op videos because some cool poo poo happens as Carver that you actually don't get to see as the Isaac player.

Will you be showing the Isaac stuff then the Carver stuff in the one video or will they be separate?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gridlocked posted:

Will you be showing the Isaac stuff then the Carver stuff in the one video or will they be separate?

I'll be swapping between the two dynamically as the things are happening, maybe with a funny little zoop sound effect. Like I said in the OP, co-op mission videos are going to be their own separate entity from the main plot. In fact I'll be doing them on my completed save so I can scoop up any collectibles and maybe possibly get 100% completion! Since there's no hud I can thankfully plop the name of whoever's view you're currently seeing in the corner.

KieranWalker posted:

I actually finished the game, but only in co-op and I've never played it a second time. I always thought of it in the same way as Star Trek, Resident Evil 6 and Gears 3: Fun with a friend, but there's virtually no other reason to ever play it.

Pretty much, but I have gotten a strange appreciation for it, just by playing it for so long. The combat is very fun even if the plot is hella stupid, but that's why they make a voice volume slider in the options menu! It's the same situation as Max Payne 3 in a lot of ways: If the cutscenes were skippable, the game would be way way way more tolerable to replay.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

Pretty much, but I have gotten a strange appreciation for it, just by playing it for so long. The combat is very fun even if the plot is hella stupid, but that's why they make a voice volume slider in the options menu! It's the same situation as Max Payne 3 in a lot of ways: If the cutscenes were skippable, the game would be way way way more tolerable to replay.

That's the best way to play it, but honestly, if you want to play some fun Dead Space action it's waaaaaay simpler to just go with DS2, which I still maintain to be possibly the best action game ever made.

...I may have some slight disappointment issues with DS3.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

WFGuy posted:

...I may have some slight disappointment issues with DS3.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzlVhOrt8CU :nws:
Call me childish but I find this funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Night10194 posted:

The biggest problem was just how many weapons were 'It's a gun.' and 'It's a more powerful gun.'

This unfortunately is an issue but it's mostly with the Military upper/lower tool, which is to be expected. Most of the guns you can make out of it are just machine guns; apart from the carbine which is a single-action and the bullpup (I think) which fires in bursts of 3, the rest are just normal machine guns with different appearances and maybe slightly different stats.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
By the way, I need ideas for fun and entertaining bonus videos because there are no bad mods (or mods at all) for this game, so if you have any ideas throw em at me and I'll think about it. Bad Dead Space Fanfiction Theater?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Bad Dead Space Fanfiction Theater?

Do it. I'm in. Lazyfire did bad F3AR fan fiction and it was hilarious.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
In that I mean you could get the thread to help create the bad fan fiction.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I was thinking of just picking stuff up off of fanfiction.net but yeah sure stuff written by the thread would also work. Bad fanfiction is pretty great all around no matter the source, although I do prefer "genuine" bad stuff to intentionally bad stuff.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

By the way, I need ideas for fun and entertaining bonus videos because there are no bad mods (or mods at all) for this game, so if you have any ideas throw em at me and I'll think about it. Bad Dead Space Fanfiction Theater?

Videos with conditions are always a possibility. Limiting yourself to only one or two weapons, can only use 3 medkits, have to praise Altman every time you get hit, etc, etc. Trying to do things that lead to trainwreck videos may be a good/bad idea.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Buried alive posted:

Videos with conditions are always a possibility. Limiting yourself to only one or two weapons, can only use 3 medkits, have to praise Altman every time you get hit, etc, etc. Trying to do things that lead to trainwreck videos may be a good/bad idea.

Pretty sure this is already a condition for the LP's main-run, may Altman be praised.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of which, in my search for bad fanfics I found one that perfectly fits the tone of this LP. I'm pretty sure Blind Sally and I co-wrote it.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
    *New Multiplayer focus in a game genre that never asked for it?
    *180-change in tone from lore/action balance to all-out action shooter?
    *Fighting to save everyone on Earth/Universe?
    *~Tactical Roll Dodge~
    *Universal Ammo implemented after games where it doesn't exist?

EA just made Mass Effect 3 twice, the bastards. I hope the ending doesn't suck as much.

edit: BTW, the original Dead Space team went on to make CoD:AW, if you were wondering why this year's Call of Duty had a modicum of originality

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 10, 2014

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

David Copperfield posted:

*New Multiplayer focus in a game genre that never asked for it?
    *180-change in tone from lore/action balance to all-out action shooter?
    *Fighting to save everyone on Earth/Universe?
    *~Tactical Roll Dodge~
    *Universal Ammo implemented after games where it doesn't exist?

Man quit acting like any of these are bad things, apart from the multiplayer angle which was lovely they're all solid choices, I mean who even thinks that being able to roll is a detriment to the franchise? And what the hell is a 'lore/action balance' are you complaining there's not enough bits where you walk around slowly and suddenly a loud text log happens or what? Universal ammo was also a good idea, it's cool being able to use the decent guns and not being stuck with the lovely assault rifle because you ran out of bullets for everything fun to use and what it's a surprise that the third and final instalment in a series has higher stakes than the preceding ones?

Nearly every complaint about this game seems to boil down to "it's not the same as DS2" which is weird because the first two games didn't evaporate when this one came out! You can still play them and that's a fine choice to make

But no this is exactly as bad as Mass Effect 3, which was also terrible I mean did you see the ROLLING. You jump and turn into a ball and then stand up it's loving witchcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Crane Fist posted:

You jump and turn into a ball and then stand up it's loving witchcraft

Space Pirate detected. :clint:

• Locked thread