Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I liked about this game was how quickly Isaac comes around. Like he starts out doing standard reluctant protagonist moping in his apartment don't want to get involved leave me alone poo poo, but once the earthgov drag him out it takes like ten minutes before he's like "Actually, you know what gently caress it I'll save the world. Sure. Let's get this done. Let me just strap six guns together and launch myself into an asteroid belt like a human firework." It could easily seem inconsistent but given how he acted through the first two games it seems perfectly in character for him

e: might want to fix your post link in the OP there mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

David Copperfield posted:

*New Multiplayer focus in a game genre that never asked for it?
    *180-change in tone from lore/action balance to all-out action shooter?
    *Fighting to save everyone on Earth/Universe?
    *~Tactical Roll Dodge~
    *Universal Ammo implemented after games where it doesn't exist?

Man quit acting like any of these are bad things, apart from the multiplayer angle which was lovely they're all solid choices, I mean who even thinks that being able to roll is a detriment to the franchise? And what the hell is a 'lore/action balance' are you complaining there's not enough bits where you walk around slowly and suddenly a loud text log happens or what? Universal ammo was also a good idea, it's cool being able to use the decent guns and not being stuck with the lovely assault rifle because you ran out of bullets for everything fun to use and what it's a surprise that the third and final instalment in a series has higher stakes than the preceding ones?

Nearly every complaint about this game seems to boil down to "it's not the same as DS2" which is weird because the first two games didn't evaporate when this one came out! You can still play them and that's a fine choice to make

But no this is exactly as bad as Mass Effect 3, which was also terrible I mean did you see the ROLLING. You jump and turn into a ball and then stand up it's loving witchcraft

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also using the shinespark is loving cheating

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
BUT CAN YOU ROLL

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My personal theory is that Isaac was constantly talking the whole way through DS1, but since his helmet was stuck on no one could hear him

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Geostomp posted:

Do they ever explain how Evil Liberace was able to take over Earth before this game or is it just something that happened in-between sequels like Ellie and Issac apparently hooking up and having a messy breakup?

Wait who took over the what now?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man that fanfiction isn't even bad or unpleasant, it's just dull

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As a child Altman fell down as he ran across a playground. The result?

Altman's knee grazed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm dropping off the grid
Before they pump the lead
I'll leave you with four words

I'm glad Norton dead

• Locked thread