Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Calling for IJN Kaga

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Grumio posted:

Was googling the names of some of the ships I didn't recognize.

oh. ohh :stare:

Of course there's a anime game starring sexualized anthropomorphic IJN ships. god drat it

If Enterprise is in that thing, what would BklnBruiser's reaction be?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Is the reason the KB starts at full fuel due to AI issues?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I remember there was a scenario where Japan gets a lot of goodies to make playing against them a bigger challenge. What exactly do they get again?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Caconym posted:

And for shits and giggles, here's the american roster... :twisted:
They of course start with Lexington, Saratoga and Enterprise, but thats nothing whatsoever compared to what is to come.

32 additional CVs and CVLs

And 62 CVEs

How do you access this screen? I'm trying to find out what bullshit the Japanese get in the ironman scenario.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Good luck with Singapore. In Steinnroken's game that turned into Sinyang for him.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

goatface posted:

He wasn't restricted by memories of a honeymoon.

It was the preferred target of the targetting committee: http://www.dannen.com/decision/targets.html

edit - The repeated reference to "the gadget" :smith:

So I know Kokura was diverted due to weather but what made them attack Nagasaki instead of Niigata or Yokohama?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Was it ever found out why CAP would always fail to protect the CVE's last game and why the AI would keep attacking Eniweitok?

Well, besides as a mass execution.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 12, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

eigenstate posted:

Is anyone planning to set up a new wiki?

Is the last wiki going to be updated? The events stop being recorded after mid-1943.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Out of curiosity, why hasn't the Ogoonu saga been archived yet? Can it be archived?

EDIT: After going through the ships list, to whoever has Shimakaze, the 1920 version is listed as an APD so it should be easy to determine the different Shimakaze's.

'42 Shimakaze also looks like the perfect pirate ship at least for raiding. 40 knots and 15 torpedo tubes would be devastating. Not sure if the cargo cargo capacity is good enough to haul loot though.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 13, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Wait we have giant ocean samurai technology? Why aren't we using those?

That's Tokyo Bay Fortress's final form.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I was really excited when it looked like the Repulse almost sank the Kaga last LP.

Also, IIRC you couldn't move the Chinese soldiers off the mainland as the Allies. Is that restriction true for the Japanese as well? As in you can't move Japanese soldiers from the Chinese Theater already committed.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Enterprise lives another day.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

It also says the West Virginia was sunk by bomb so I doubt it was sunk.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Maybe Clark or Hickam got buried by a volcanic eruption? :v:

The Chaos Gods of Eniwetok are attacking!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

poo poo, did the Chaos Gods destroy his computer?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So Hawaii would be a reverse Operation Reef?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Night10194 posted:

What dark god did you make sacrifices to to get this lucky finding American carriers and attacking them?

The ones at Eniwetok of course.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So what are the benefits of capturing Rabaul 2 months ahead of OTL? Are the supplies there in better shape?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

AceRimmer posted:

Obligatory combat reform link:
http://www.combatreform.org/midwaymyth.htm

I love this crazy website. :allears:

Mike Sparks is amazing. Has he ever been on the TFR forums here?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

PT-41 also had MacArthur on board too. I think something like this also happened in the allied game too.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I thought it was only the Tiger 2 that had the severe mobility problems.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So what are the differences in Japanese sub designations? Like the difference between I boats and Ro boats.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Volmarias posted:

Just watch out for the part where he accidentally blows up a planet with a death star he forgot that he had.

Yes, you read that right.

That was in his other Distant Worlds LP IIRC.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Gaj posted:

Ive tracked all of Greys LPs but this Ghana in Space sounds fantastic, link?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573513

Have fun.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

The Wikipedia article is a decent starting point and briefly touches on Malkin's revisionism. If you want to discuss it, find a more suitable place than this thread and I'll talk with you there.

Somebody name a British warship from this period and I'll see if I can dig up some interesting tidbits about it.

Does it have to be WWII only? If not, the HMS Orion,

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Grey are you going to get the Ghana LP in the LP archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When can an LP be considered abandoned?

I think it has been after the hard drive crash 2 months ago.

• Locked thread