Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Tony Olivia is borderline and doesn't really belong in the hall, but Dick Allen not is a loving travesty.

I thought about maybe doing historical ballots by era to completely fill out our own special hall of fame but I want to see how this one goes first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought about maybe doing historical ballots by era to completely fill out our own special hall of fame but I want to see how this one goes first

This is brought up every year and it never happens, because it'd be way more of a pain than anyone realizes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zakharov posted:

This is brought up every year and it never happens, because it'd be way more of a pain than anyone realizes.

Voting would be a pain, making the ballot would be easy.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

zakharov posted:

You'll get a lot of people at the beginning and then they'll get pissed when some of the voting doesn't go their way and by the end there will be like 3 voters.

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar
Cliff Floyd
Nomar Garciparra
Tom Gordon
Fred McGriff
Sammy Sosa
Lee Smith

Ex-Cubs :colbert:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Darin Erstad is the second-best player to have come from North Dakota and I know a number of his relatives. That's literally the only case I can make for him.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

rickiep00h posted:

Darin Erstad is the second-best player to have come from North Dakota and I know a number of his relatives. That's literally the only case I can make for him.

That is a stronger argument than most HoF voters make.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

Punter, great defense, punter, the year 2000, punter, won a world series, punter.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

MourningView posted:

e: whoops, realized this initially said I voted for Mattingly because I forgot to delete his name.

I voted for Mattingly based on his sideburns.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Punter, great defense, punter, the year 2000, punter, won a world series, punter.

Punto, great defense, Punto, GET PAID, Punto, won a world series, Punto.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm handing in an empty ballot

You can't...I already tried. :saddowns:

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
Would have been nice if Smoltz could have gone in last year with Maddux ,Glavine, and Bobby. I had nearly forgotten about Fred McGriff

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pendergast posted:

Would have been nice if Smoltz could have gone in last year with Maddux ,Glavine, and Bobby. I had nearly forgotten about Fred McGriff
This is Smoltz first year of eligibility.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

bawfuls posted:

This is Smoltz first year of eligibility.

I assume he means it would have been nice if Smoltz had retired a year earlier so he could go in with them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:toot: Happy New Year! :toot:

There were 69 votes cast (after I deleted two obvious troll ballots) in the end, a pretty good amount of people I think. Hopefully next year we can get more. Congrats to the inaugural members of the SAS MLB Hall of Fame!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vE_LD99yeZR8sXIi8u5pqXPXf538w22aimip2kwesz4/edit#gid=1878239930

Randy Johnson 67 97.10%
Pedro Martinez 66 95.65%
Barry Bonds 63 91.30%
Roger Clemens 63 91.30%
Mike Piazza 62 89.86%
Craig Biggio 60 86.96%
Jeff Bagwell 59 85.51%
John Smoltz 58 84.06%
Larry Walker 52 75.36%

--------------------------------------------------------
Mike Mussina 49 71.01%
Tim Raines 49 71.01%
Mark McGwire 45 65.22%
Edgar Martinez 43 62.32%
Curt Schilling 43 62.32%
Gary Sheffield 37 53.62%
Alan Trammell 36 52.17%
Sammy Sosa 28 40.58%
Jeff Kent 19 27.54%
:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:
Nomar Garciaparra 10 14.49%
Carlos Delgado 9 13.04%
Fred McGriff 8 11.59%
Don Mattingly 7 10.14%
Brian Giles 3 4.35%
Lee Smith 3 4.35%
Jermaine Dye 2 2.90%
Darin Erstad 2 2.90%
Tom Gordon 2 2.90%
Aaron Boone 1 1.45%
Tony Clark 1 1.45%
Cliff Floyd 1 1.45%
Jason Schmidt 1 1.45%
Rich Aurilia 0 0.00%
Eddie Guardado 0 0.00%
Troy Percival 0 0.00%

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alan Trammell :negative:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Who the hell doesn't vote for Randy "Bird Obliterator" Johnson?

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.

rickiep00h posted:

Who the hell doesn't vote for Randy "Bird Obliterator" Johnson?

davecrazy (who judging from the rest of his ballot, looks like he just forgot) and TipsyMc (who is doing his best Juan Vene impersonation).

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
A little surprised about Raines and Mussina missing.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
You fuckers who didn't vote for Raines better explain yourselves

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm pretty sure I voted early but I don't see my name in the final spreadsheet. Did my votes not go through?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

I'm pretty sure I voted early but I don't see my name in the final spreadsheet. Did my votes not go through?

I reset the ballot and changed it to require a google sign in after about 6 hours because fyad are children.

IcePhoenix posted:

If you already submitted a ballot you're gonna have to do it again because someone decided it would be funny to flood it.

It'll probably happen again I guess since if you're going to go through the effort to submit 100 ballots you'll probably be willing to make 100 fake google accounts.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Did it seriously get posted in FYAD? hahaha

also 69 votes, nice

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ChampRamp posted:

You fuckers who didn't vote for Mussina better explain yourselves

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I somehow managed to create a ballot despite only vaguely remembering doing so. Voted for both Raines and Mussina despite not knowing who they are so hopefully I'm off the hook for the witch hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Nomar fell off the ballot, is angrily adjusting his gloves in response.

• Locked thread