Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robox
Mar 15, 2010
I'll sell vehicles and such on craigslist now and then, and I can't imagine the thought processes behind some of the offers I've gotten. I had a classic Lincoln in excellent shape. Non running as it needed fuel injection work. $1500 or best. Got nonstop emails offering like $200, and that only if I made it run and drive, so they could drive it over the scale at the scrapyard because they had no truck or trailer. Ended up trading it to a guy who restored it.

I have a car on there now, for $600. Parts car. Runs, drives, but badly rusted and horribly unsafe. Worth the price as it's a rare car with valuable parts. Flooded with emails from guys insisting it's the ideal first car for their 16 year old daughter, guys who tell me I know nothing about my own car and that they're going to use it for a daily driver, and one guy who keeps sending vaguely threatening all-caps emails from multiple addresses offering "$150 I AM A CASH BUYER!!!"

Also, regardless of what I'm selling, I get at least 5 offers of a 27" TV. It's always just a CRT TV, never flat screen, may or may not include a built in VCR, but it's always 27".

Same with gas powered RC cars. I get tons of those offered. A guy tried to trade one for my dirt bike. I declined. He then came back with an offer of 2 gas powered RC cars and got upset that I didn't want them. Lots of ads have an "open to trades, no gas powered RC cars" stipulation here.

I do live right in the middle of meth country, so there's that I guess.

That Robox fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread