Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
met a dude off craigslist about his car. his ad specifically said 'or best offer'. my buddy found a serious problem with the car, i offered 'a few hundred less' than what he wanted, dude immediately balked and acted as if i was crazy for thinking anything on ~his car~ could be so expensive to fix, insisted everything was just fine.

dude started it listed at 5800, i contacted him after he'd dropped it to 5500. ad went off CL for like a month and i figured he'd found someone else to sell it to, then recently he started posting the ad again... at 6500! :wtc:

best i can figure is he finally figured out he really did have something wrong, wound up spending several hundred to fix it (...like my buddy said it'd cost!), and is now trying to squeeze that much more out of the car.

if he had just bargained with me a little i would have probably paid like 5100 for it. now it's like five months later and he still doesn't have money. dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

That Robox posted:

Same with gas powered RC cars. I get tons of those offered. A guy tried to trade one for my dirt bike. I declined. He then came back with an offer of 2 gas powered RC cars and got upset that I didn't want them. Lots of ads have an "open to trades, no gas powered RC cars" stipulation here.

I do live right in the middle of meth country, so there's that I guess.

lol I don't see those disclaimers here, either RC gas cars are super popular over there, or that one guy just won't loving stop offering gas powered RC cars to everyone

• Locked thread