Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I sold a tv and bluray player the other day on kijiji for $200, dude texted me and seemed like a normal person

He arrived on time and I showed him the goods, and he goes 'So it was $100 right? That's what your ad said' :haw:

I guess I didn't look impressed, because he quickly said 'Normally I haggle with people, but this is a good deal'

I wonder how often people are that stupid and just go 'Welp you're right I will take 50% less what I was asking, would you also like the keys to my car?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

met a dude off craigslist about his car. his ad specifically said 'or best offer'. my buddy found a serious problem with the car, i offered 'a few hundred less' than what he wanted, dude immediately balked and acted as if i was crazy for thinking anything on ~his car~ could be so expensive to fix, insisted everything was just fine.

dude started it listed at 5800, i contacted him after he'd dropped it to 5500. ad went off CL for like a month and i figured he'd found someone else to sell it to, then recently he started posting the ad again... at 6500! :wtc:

best i can figure is he finally figured out he really did have something wrong, wound up spending several hundred to fix it (...like my buddy said it'd cost!), and is now trying to squeeze that much more out of the car.

if he had just bargained with me a little i would have probably paid like 5100 for it. now it's like five months later and he still doesn't have money. dumbass.

no dude is just an idiot and holds the value of his item to a lofty value.

see it all the time where the seller asks a 'firm' price, you ask them to knock $50 off it and they throw a fit, then the listing disappears only to reappear a few days later for the same or higher price.

they're hoping some idiot will just agree to pay the listed

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

that reminds me about the time I sold a video card to an autistic man-child

I had just upgraded so I didn't need the outdated pos and threw it up on kijiji for $50, got a reply almost immediately,

very detailed email asking if it was working well and he needed it but couldn't afford a brand new one and WAS THE STICKER ON THE BACK STILL INTACT etc etc.

so I meet this guy outside a 7-eleven, and he's wearing sweat pants, hoodie and quite the ratty neckbeard. I show him the card wrapped anti static plastic and he hands the money.

'OK see ya thanks for the easy transaction, let me know if it works !' ... as I turn to get into my car

Over the course of a few days I get bombarded with emails from this guy, asking me about drivers, and every minute little detail about how to setup and configure the drat card.

Eventually I get frustrated and just refund him half the price so he will shut up and leave me alone,

thanks for reading my story about how I gave into peer pressure from a autist

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Hey, I'm no stranger to poor decisions myself, but why didn't you just block his e-mail?

yeah, actually I think it was text messages, but you're right.

I think I felt bad cause I could tell he was both poor as gently caress , and had some sort of brain problem

• Locked thread