Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Why would TCU fall two spots after shithousing ISU?

Yeah, they really put up a good showing against that top 15 team: ISU.

I'm not saying I like it, but that probably what's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

e: oh god I forgot logic does not apply to this particular situation and TCU/Baylor are both getting hosed

Because the only way to watch college football is to give yourself over to total degradation.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

e: oh god I forgot logic does not apply to this particular situation and TCU/Baylor are both getting hosed

Because OSU shithoused a much much better team by a bigger margin.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

loving lol

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

welp

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11991216/college-football-playoff-experts-predictions

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

G...go team chaos...? :smith:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

"Here is your reward for such a great season."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I love the Bama/Ohio State/Baylor/TCU prediction. If you're going to be wrong go all out with that poo poo.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Baylor or tcu or goddamn anyone else better be in the playoffs because I'm going to loving barf if the first playoff is bama/oregon/fsu/ohio state

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BAMA/OHIO STATE/FLORIDA STATE/OREGON

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I'm on team KC Joyner. Bama 1 OSU 2 Baylor 3 TCU 4 is the best possible option.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I love the Bama/Ohio State/Baylor/TCU prediction.

That's just trollin'. He should have put sparty in there instead of Bama, gone the whole hog.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

tranime scholar posted:

Baylor or tcu or goddamn anyone else better be in the playoffs because I'm going to loving barf if the first playoff is bama/oregon/fsu/ohio state

go ahead and get you a barf bag, friend :(

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

tranime scholar posted:

Yeah that's by far the most likely scenario, apologies.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Marshall
Boise
Uab
Fsu

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everyone else absolutely obliterated their competition this week except for FSU, therefore drop FSU back one.

(actually don't, I'll like going to the Orange Bowl)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Slate Action posted:

Yeah that's by far the most likely scenario, apologies.

Nah the most likely is Bama 1 Oregon 2 OSU 3 FSU 4 so we can have a proper Rose Bowl

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Holy poo poo I did not expect that many people to put Ohio State in.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

tranime scholar posted:

I think out of those four FSU would be the team I hate least :barf:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly, I think Florida state is the fifth best team but you really can't leave them out.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

After further deliberation, I've decided that OSU should win the championship for future Cardale "gently caress School" Jones participation in the national dialogue about the role of the NCAA going forward.

For the record:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Committee1: "Well, I really like TCU for the Big12, but Baylor beat them so it doesn't seem right to put them ahead."

Committee2: "I agree. TCU is actually the better team, but that will be a difficult sell. Lots of problems there. On the other hand, leaving out Baylor will create a nightmare backlash I really don't want to deal with, either"

Committee1: "So we can't put Baylor over TCU based on our ratings, but we cant put TCU over Baylor due to the ensuing shitstorm. It will be simpler to just leave them both out."

Committee3: "Agreed. That seems like a fair compromise. We'll go with OSU, UA, FSU, and UO as our four."

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

For the record:

OSU should be 1 as long as Jones is QB regardless of W/L record

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Holy gently caress https://vine.co/v/Ovl7mQvrHgM

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

Committee1: "Well, I really like TCU for the Big12, but Baylor beat them so it doesn't seam right to put them ahead."

Committee2: "I agree. TCU is actually the better team, but that will be a difficult sell. Lots of problems there. On the other hand, leaving out Baylor will create a nightmare backlash I really don't want to deal with, either"

Committee1: "So we can't put Baylor over TCU based on our ratings, but we cant put TCU over Baylor due to the ensuing shitstorm. It will be simpler to just leave them both out."

Committee3: "Agreed. That seems like a fair compromise. We'll go with OSU, UA, FSU, and UO as our four."

Absolutely. I've been feeling for a while like the committee doesn't want to touch the 11-1 BU/TCU duo with a 12 foot pole, and it sure looks like they just got a prime opportunity not to have to.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Dr_Strangelove posted:

For the record:

I mean, Cardale didn't get in Ohio State because of his grades

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
now i really want tcu to get in over osu so i can have a cool grudge to hold cause just holding a "gently caress osu" grudge is what every fan ever has always except for actual osu fans (which are everywhere except ohio cause they all move away from their poo poo hole state as soon as possible)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Committee1: "Well, I really like TCU for the Big12, but Baylor beat them so it doesn't seem right to put them ahead."

In NFL you make playoff; in college the playoff make you.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i guess we can hold a west virginia grudge til we destroy them at home next season but whatever. bama fsu oregon osu lol

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I mean, if you don't think the Big XII should be punished for not deciding a championship on the field by a committee designed to help decide championships on the field then I don't know what the gently caress.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Manoueverable posted:

I don't really hate any of them aside from OSU and FSU but FSU is mainly because of them being lead by Jameis 'Stupid Rapist Retard Idiot' Winston. I have no real beef with Oregon and despite my team getting the poo poo Winston'd out of them by bama, I don't hate bama. I just get tired of seeing the same goddamn teams on top year after year

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

now i really want tcu to get in over osu so i can have a cool grudge to hold cause just holding a "gently caress osu" grudge is what every fan ever has always except for actual osu fans (which are everywhere except ohio cause they all move away from their poo poo hole state as soon as possible)

I've been trying to move out of this state for 2 loving years.

go browns.

Mahoning posted:

I mean, if you don't think the Big XII should be punished for not deciding a championship on the field by a committee designed to help decide championships on the field then I don't know what the gently caress.

Yep, this.

Add two teams you fucks.

Get Cincy and Boise State up in there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BAMA/OHIO STATE/FLORIDA STATE/OREGON

Replace Oregon with Notre Dame, and I'd give up college football forever.

College football - Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in with a fluke KU conference win.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mahoning posted:

The round robin is the fairest possible way to determine a championship, every team plays every other team and the team that wins the most of those games win. What is difficult about this?

Also this committee is designed expressly so the championship doesn't have to be decided on the field. If there was actual concern about determining championships on the field we'd have some kind of autobid system that rendered all of this stupid bullshit a moot point.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 7, 2014

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

someone else whining about the lack of a CCG

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Let's go Ducks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yep, this.

Add two teams you fucks.

Get Cincy and Boise State up in there.

north dakota state is the only logical choice

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Really the worst part about OSU being in the conversation is all of the bandwagon buckeye posters crawling out of the woodwork to be smug

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

someone else whining about the lack of a CCG

Rightfully so though, Baylor and TCU's problems are each other, not Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Manoueverable posted:

seriously gently caress you if you can't root for oregon over fsu

or bama

or literally anyone in the conversation except maybe ohio state

• Locked thread