Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you realize his name wasn't Ramon?
Yes
I wasn't sure
No
Big Stoke
View Results

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

First off the most important thing in ROH: The man who probably wasn't named Ramon (Corino and I were RIGHT) speaks out on the most important Final Battle match!

quote:

I really shouldn’t have to do this, but let me introduce myself yet again. My name is STOKELY HATHAWAY! My name is NOT Ramon and it’s never been Ramon. For the past year in Ring of Honor, I’ve been overlooked and ignored all because of one man, R.D. Evans. I’m just going to go ahead and start riffing ‘cause it’s long overdue.

R.D. Evans is a liar, thief, manipulator, con man, goof and twit. He used me, Veda Scott and Moose for his own personal gain. #TheNewStreak benefited no one but R.D. For example, no one knew my real name! Imagine being called something you’re not for months on end. And what has #TheNewStreak done for Veda? Aside from wrestling at Michael Bennett's Bachelor Party and a few matches here and there, she’s been stuck as the #TheNewStreak Ambassador. Evans has stifled any opportunity she had to shine. And Moose? This is deep. REAL deep. Sit back, put on some Jodeci, and sip some Cavicchioli while I kick this knowledge real quick.

Moose should be #1 contender to the ROH World or Television Heavyweight Championships. That didn’t happen because he’s been in a tag-team with Evans for months where pins were stolen from him for the sake of #TheNewStreak. Moose is a future champion! He’s a team player! He’s coachable! He also can be led, which is why Moose turned his back on Evans at “Glory by Honor XIII.” Guess who told him it was the right time to walk away from that pink, Abercrombie Kids wearing twit? It was me, Big Stoke.

A visionary spoke to me in Lakeland, Florida weeks before Evan’s big title opportunity. This man has been a blessing and a true mentor who has had his own issues with R.D. over the years. The Embassy was stolen from him. Moose, a future Top Prospect and ROH Seminar stand out, was stolen from him as well. Your former colleague and the man you betrayed, Prince Nana, vowed to end your career, Evans! Nana revealed the truth to me while passing the torch to the next generation. Now it’s up to ME to finish what Nana started.

It’s going down at “Final Battle” on December 7th – Moose vs. R.D. Evans – LIVE on PPV! I’ll be by Moose’s side and our confidence is wild right now. Nothing can stop us. Robert Dufresne Evans… that night will mark where your career ends... and where our careers begin!

See ya’ at Terminal 5!

Sincerely,
STOKELY HATHAWAY

@StokelyHathaway
AKA Big Stoke
AKA #TheLoveKing
AKA Escobar Bundles
AKA Flex Luger
AKA The Young Mike Tyson
FKA Ramon

#FlexLuger

...and the rest of the card which should be alright, I guess.

quote:

*Main Event*
Fight Without Honor for the ROH World Championship
Jay Briscoe (c) vs Survival of the Fittest ’14 Winner - Adam Cole

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (c) vs The Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

ROH World TV Championship
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs #Reborn Matt Sydal

Six Man Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks & ACH vs The Addiction & Cedric Alexander

"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

Grudge Match
R.D. Evans w/ Veda Scott vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

Mentor vs Student
Roderick Strong vs Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs

4 Corner Survival Match
Jimmy Jacobs vs Hanson vs Mark Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman

I'm personally not interested in the title match, but I am stoked for Lethal vs Sydal, the six man, Strong vs Page, the tag title match and well, pretty much the entire card.

The show starts Sunday night at 7:30 on iPPV and regular PPV. In HD you'll probably pay $35, so pay $25 on iPPV and hook that poo poo up to your TV.

Not hyped? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iX-61G16Wc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MRT and myself are the only people in PSP excited for Stokely "Big Stoke" Hathaway's rise

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jay Lethal has really been on a tear this year if BDYY wasnt Dave Meltzers handpicked choice for Most Improved I'd put his name out there for it. Really excited for the TV title match now that Sydal has his sea legs back

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

MRT and myself are the only people in PSP excited for Stokely "Big Stoke" Hathaway's rise

Sell me on Stokely Hathaway

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

When did Ramon/Stokley and Evans split?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just ordered it. Can't wait. Have watched all of the ROH iPPVs since War of the Worlds and they've all been great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

When did Ramon/Stokley and Evans split?

Glory By Honor was an excellent show and it was during the Lethal/Evans tv title match/the win that would eclipse Goldberg's streak. That match was AWESOME

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Probably won't order this as money's a little tight for me right now and I'm already intending to go to PWG next week if a bunch of talent doesn't get pulled at the last minute, but this is a really strong card. I've got high hopes for the TV title match and the six-man in particular.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Pumped for this card. ROH really has done a great job at getting me invested in the product a lot. Let's get ready for the never ending title reign of Adam Cole! Briscoe going to go down.

Two Time Two Time Champ Adam Cole Bay Bay!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Stokely Hathaway AKA Flex Luger

That alone sold me.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Howling Man posted:

Let's get ready for the never ending title reign of Adam Cole!

At least until he leaves for NXT!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'm not sure what there really is to say. #TheNewStreak was a fun gimmick and he was a big part of it. His job was to hold up the sign and make good facial expressions and he was very good at it. Now he's a heel with legitimate grievances that the crowd actually hates because they're really into this angle.

also he goes by Flex Luger

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
AKA Big Stoke
AKA #TheLoveKing
AKA Escobar Bundles
AKA Flex Luger
AKA The Young Mike Tyson
FKA Ramon

oatgan posted:

hey gently caress off

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I'm down with Escobar Bundles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I really need to branch out, so I might as well check this out.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I hope everyone comes out to reDGragon's theme song.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So this starts at 1AM for me and I have work at 9AM. Sell me on staying up this late.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

So this starts at 1AM for me and I have work at 9AM. Sell me on staying up this late.

it'll be good

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

it'll be good

Sold.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

HANSON

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dont trust bard maddox he also said wwe battleground would be good

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

he says literally everything will be good

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

he says literally everything will be good

it usually is

Cardboard Box posted:

I was very wrong on this one though

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 7, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i don't remember if it was battleground this year or last year (probably last year) where bard maddox said it'll be good and i was like "i appreciate the positivity bard maddox but this show will be bad" and he tweeted me afterwards to say i was right

this show will probably be pretty good though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

god i hate him

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ordered. Some people might think I only like WWE but that's not true! I love all kinds of prograps! :) I wish PWG ran iPPVs :(

Should be a good show.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wish PWG ran iPPVs :(

a friend sent me BOLA 2014 and it was awesome, i wish i could keep up with it better

oatgan posted:

god i hate him

thats harsh i think he's an okay guy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

a friend sent me BOLA 2014 and it was awesome, i wish i could keep up with it better

Me too :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cardboard Box posted:

You didn't nominate any matches in the MOTYC thread, I wasn't sure you even got around to watching them!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

the latest PWG shows usually get shown in PSP-TV a week after they come in!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wish PWG ran iPPVs :(

It's my understanding that PWG couldn't use ROH or EVOLVE talent if they ran iPPVs, and that's like 80% of their roster. Having to wait six weeks after each show for the DVDs is a bummer (and even longer if you want the VOD downloads) but it's worth it for the stack cards they put on by cherrypicking the best guys from other feds.

Going to PWG will be a hell of a lot easier when I move to SoCal in the summer though. I have to get on the road super early next Friday to make sure I'm at the front of the line for door tickets because the online tickets sold out really fast.

Bard Maddox posted:

Did you guys already show Untitled II? I'm curious how that show looked on video but if you already played it I must have missed it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

You didn't nominate any matches in the MOTYC thread, I wasn't sure you even got around to watching them!

i'm not really in the habit of nominating things late but maybe i will sometime

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

Would you or someone else be willing to PM me or tweet at me or something the next time this happens, thanks in advance :)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

How did the iPPVs hold up for Best in the World and All-Star Extravaganza?

I ordered the traditional PPV for BITW and I was thinking about the iPPV tonight so long as there were no issues with the last two they've done.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I ordered the traditional PPV for BITW and I was thinking about the iPPV tonight so long as there were no issues with the last two they've done.

zero problems

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

They all still run on Ustream, so they work fine. ROH takes care of billing, and then you're directed to a page that has a Ustream player. I was on very spotty internet for All Star Extravaganza and it didn't buffer once.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Did you guys already show Untitled II? I'm curious how that show looked on video but if you already played it I must have missed it.

I didn't watch it with everyone on psp-tv but the show was really great and probably even better live.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
RD Evans gonna die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_N7VX4U48

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I didn't watch it with everyone on psp-tv but the show was really great and probably even better live.

I was at the show and it was fun, but it's interesting for me to see how I react to the same matches live and on video after the fact. Specifically, I enjoyed the Zack Sabre Jr./Kyle O'Reilly match at BOLA way more rewatching it on DVD than I did watching it happen live, for some reason. But it's hard to justify spending more money on a show you've already seen (except for BOLA, because it was that good) which is why I like watching them in PSP-tv. Plus then there's the other people around to chat with and so forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Alright, show purchased. I might not have bought this but I get to save money by getting WK9 dirt cheap thanks to the new service.

• Locked thread