Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

“I’ve always loved films that approach sound in an impressionistic way and that is an unusual approach for a mainstream blockbuster, but I feel it's the right approach for this experiential film,

Many of the filmmakers I’ve admired over the years have used sound in bold and adventurous ways. I don’t agree with the idea that you can only achieve clarity through dialogue. Clarity of story, clarity of emotions — I try to achieve that in a very layered way using all the different things at my disposal — picture and sound.”

christopher nolan intentionally mixes the sound in his films in an inaudible way because its "impressionistic" and "bold and adventurous" he's a horrible loving director

inception was also a complete piece of poo poo film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

eh, i'm indifferent towards him.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I don't like things either, OP

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

some stuff he does is ok. other stuff kinda sucks. i don't know.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
hey gbs, stop being so negative. Thanks.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

im not gbs,, im a loving person god damnit..... dont casually refer to me, a human being, as just some trend youve noticed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

im not gbs,, im a loving person god damnit..... dont casually refer to me, a human being, as just some trend youve noticed

Why so negative?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

whenever i make positive threads e.g. about the possibility world communism they get gassed so what the heck do you want??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I liked his batman movies.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

impossible with you around

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I liked his batman movies.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

college humor's BADMAN videos are funny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Memento was awesome.

The Prestige was pretty cool.

Inception was overrated, but still pretty darn good - better than most poo poo produced today.

OP, I think you're factually wrong. And unnecessarily negative.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

inception was the worst thing ive ever seen

the batmans are good tho, especially the third one because its a lot of fun and goes to a lot of places

havnt seen intersteller and im waiting until it hits the huge imax screen in my city, not sure im looking forward to it though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Memento was awesome.

The Prestige was pretty cool.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

franco remember that time my gay opinion on dave grohl's beliefs on hiv motivated you to probate me

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the prestige was alright

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
he makes bad movies for babies, but so do most people who makes movies.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dark knight had the best performance but batman begins had a more coherent story
i blame the kinda ridiculous way joker convinced twoface his tragedy was random

this is the joker i really wanted from this teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg

straight
up
killin people
evrye day

that joker

kinda like how bane took over gotham for months -joker killing people all the time between his interactions with batman
just way more evil

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TEAYCHES posted:

im not gbs

yes you are.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

the prestige was alright

it was good. wolverine against batman.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its not that he's particularly bad because there are certainly worse its that people laud his work and thinks he's good, which he isn't either.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

why are you still doing this with that hate in your heart

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I remember seeing a comment about newt gingrich's political speeches that they were "what dumb people think a smart person sounds like"

inception is the movie version of that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TEAYCHES posted:

why are you still doing this with that hate in your heart

reap what you sow, nerd

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

nolan is one of those directors that cant allow any form of comic relief ever in his movies and they suffer for it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

reap what you sow, nerd

i like you i just worry about how much you openly loathe something you do daily, constantly. thats not healthy on any level

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
the dark knight was an alright movie i dont get why everyone was jizzing their pants over it, i cant speak for the first batman or the last cause i was blackout drunk during both

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

i like you i just worry about how much you openly loathe something you do daily, constantly. thats not healthy on any level

I can't argue with that

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it was good. wolverine against batman.

which is still the best way t look at it because one of them used a simple human trick and the other was functionally immortal. Prestige spoiler: its good.

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?

numberoneposter posted:

nolan is one of those directors that cant allow any form of comic relief ever in his movies and they suffer for it

I thought it was pretty funny when batman died in dark night rises. But then they ruined the joke.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TEAYCHES posted:

you idiots made me this way.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

fankwart posted:

I thought it was pretty funny when batman died in dark night rises. But then they ruined the joke.

that story arc really spoke to me, as someone who recovered from a shattered spine by doing pushups for a couple months

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

you did this to yourself

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

you know what man what the hell why do you need to be so condescending this is supposed to be fun and poo poo and sometimes complaining is fun

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
memento was pretty good, the prestige was alright, the middle batman was decent and the rest were not good but not too awful, inception was poo poo, interstellar was interesting but deeply flawed as a movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mookface posted:

you know what man what the hell why do you need to be so condescending this is supposed to be fun and poo poo and sometimes complaining is fun

because he wanted to gently caress with you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mange Mite posted:

memento was pretty good, the prestige was alright, the middle batman was decent and the rest were not good but not too awful, inception was poo poo, interstellar was interesting but deeply flawed as a movie

I agree.
With everything you said

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

i dont think you view gbs with even the pretense of objectivity anymore, which is a stupid goddamn claim at face value, but you really have a warped view of whats a problem

you do a great job moderating but youve also let stuff get to you personally

im glad you still have a sense of humor and you sticky the right threads. i guess i notice you are getting more and more bitter and harsh. sorry for the feedback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im gonna be the next mod

• Locked thread