Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
To hopefully avoid splitting discussion between the UFC and WWE threads, here's a new thread.

What we know:
-eight-fight deal
-supposed to fight in 2015
-fighting at either middleweight or welterweight
-nothing else

Punk will be interviewed by Ariel Helwani on FS1 at 1am EST, after the UFC 181 PPV.

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
it's clobberin' time

punk is the one getting clobbered

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I have faith in CM Punk because if history has shown anything, he is able to accomplish a lot on pure spite alone

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
loving amazing.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Sign Del Rio, start WWEight division

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11991124/cm-punk-joins-ufc-fight-2015

Article on the front page of ESPN, this is definitely getting legit publicity from mainstream sources

Lloyd Boner posted:

Punk vs Nakamura in a shootfight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bring back Kimbo.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Make the fights semi-worked. PRIDE WILL RISE AGAIN.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I hope he comes out to Miseria Cantere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sigma posted:

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I think the only thing we can really confirm at this time is that Punk and the UFC are both going to make a shitton of money from this

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dana said this yesterday:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/dana-white-to-discuss-ufc-fight-with-cm-punk-says-ex-wwe-star-will-be-at-ufc-181

quote:

“He’s not a guy that we would do what we did with Brock; we threw Brock right to the wolves,” White said. “Brock started fighting all the top heavyweights in the world because of his wrestling background.

“CM Punk, we would bring him in just like any regular fighter, and he would fight a guy with a similar record to his, which is 0-0.”

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Fentry posted:

I think the only thing we can really confirm at this time is that the UFC is going to make a shitton of money from Punk's corpse

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11991124/cm-punk-joins-ufc-fight-2015

Article on the front page of ESPN, this is definitely getting legit publicity from mainstream sources

ESPN actually got a ton of e-mails from WWE while they were writing this article insisting they really wanted to do a report on Sheamus.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I can't wait for the Colt Cabana podcast where he shoots on Dana White and Ronda Rousey

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Who's the worst middleweight/fat welterweight in the UFC? Is Amir Sadollah still around?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Punk is going to die in an octagon and Vince McMahon will be proven right yet again.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Punk is going to die in an octagon and Vince McMahon will be proven right yet again.

and it'll be in a fight against a woman

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Hey. Punk. Remember, you gotta make this guy look really strong.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
You've seen him take a poo poo in the ring, now watch him get poo poo on in the octagon

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The ironic thing here is that Punk could see this as an opportunity to make his stock rise then waltz back into WWE on a part-time schedule like Brock...but he might get so hosed up that he'll never be able to pass a WWE physical again

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Can you believe they're going to have women fighting now? It's barbaric.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

The ironic thing here is that Punk could see this as an opportunity to make his stock rise then waltz back into WWE on a part-time schedule like Brock...but he might get so hosed up that he'll never be able to pass a WWE physical again
can't decide which is funnier, punk having to get his stock up to go back to the wwe or a wwe physical

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

CM Punk already made his stock rise.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It's okay guys look at all those tattoos, there's no way punk won't be a successful fighter

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

CM Punk already made his stock rise.

If he went back yesterday, there's no way they would have given him a part-time schedule. If he makes himself an attraction outside of WWE, they might allow it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

First opponent confirmed: Chris Jericho

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
What about Mike Pyle?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

First opponent confirmed: Chris Jericho

But if Punk does nothing but job to part-timers and Jericho does nothing but job to full-timers, ???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

If he went back yesterday, there's no way they would have given him a part-time schedule. If he makes himself an attraction outside of WWE, they might allow it.

CM Punk is not fighting in MMA to make his WWE stock rise.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

this is most certainly not the case

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Time for punk to divorce AJ and get with Ronda Rousey, right?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Will Vince allow AJ to walk her husband to the Octagon?

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

DM Punk posted:

I don't think this will make it any more like that AJ will return your calls, though.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

DM Punk posted:

This is completely in line with Punk's track record.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

SirDippingSauce posted:

I don't think this will make it any more like that AJ will return your calls, though.

Do you understand the joke is CM Punk dated a lot of wrestlers, so now he will want to date a lot of female MMA people?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EugeneJ posted:

WWE wouldn't be setting the rules in any theoretical (because it will probably never, ever, ever happen) comeback by CM Punk.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

SirDippingSauce posted:

Does she have an Amazon wishlist??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
RIP punk.

• Locked thread