Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Okay, so it's a big stereotype that women always be shopping, yep.

But basically every appliance owned by a woman is a huge piece of cheap plastic brittle poo poo in a constant state of falling apart.

Like, even in the realm of personal grooming, have you ever actually held a curling iron? loving lol, weighs like 2 oz. Get some standards, ladies. I'll be over here with my full metal unibody lifetime warranty hair clippers that have been passed down in my family for generations.

Maybe if you took consumerism a little more seriously, you could have well crafted appliances like men do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
The Conglomerate puts glitter and pink paint on all of their cheapest poo poo.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

they should use sweethome

http://thesweethome.com/

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
man, I like, hate stuff

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
maybe when women achieve equal pay , we'll be able to afford fancier appliances

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Okay, so it's a big stereotype that women always be shopping, yep.

But basically every appliance owned by a woman is a huge piece of cheap plastic brittle poo poo in a constant state of falling apart.

Like, even in the realm of personal grooming, have you ever actually held a curling iron? loving lol, weighs like 2 oz. Get some standards, ladies. I'll be over here with my full metal unibody lifetime warranty hair clippers that have been passed down in my family for generations.

Maybe if you took consumerism a little more seriously, you could have well crafted appliances like men do.

Calm down. It's not the consumerism, it's the application of logic that women lack. That's why they need men.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

people in general would rather pay $50 for something that falls apart in 6 months than $200 for something that lasts 10 years

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
Also, the gays.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its an available endorphin rush for people who feel restricted and undervalued maybe

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
It's because men are too busy doi-*slumps forward* and the females and their incessant need for securi-eugh*eyes wander to the far wall before swigging another shot of whiskey* I FATHERED DON JOHNSON

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Irrational Bees posted:

man, I like, hate stuff

hey aren't you pretending to be a chick? when they cut your dick off, did you get a sudden urge to buy poo poo?

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

its an available endorphin rush for people who feel restricted and undervalued maybe

That's called masturbation and it's loving free.

edit: ablooo bloo bloo the patriarchy got me down better go buy some dumb crap!

Biggie Shorty fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 7, 2014

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Misogyny? On the internet? On a Saturday night?

This is unthinkable!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Biggie Shorty posted:

Even then women seem to feel the need to buy all this cheap plastic poo poo instead of just using their hands

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

Even then women seem to feel the need to buy all this cheap plastic poo poo instead of just using their hands

or mine :heysexy:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
because men don't buy frivolous poo poo ever

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Women would probably buy more quality poo poo if they were paid as much as men. :colbert:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Biggie Shorty posted:

edit: ablooo bloo bloo the patriarchy got me down better go buy some dumb crap!
doesnt provide the same placation equally im afraid

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Secks Cauldron posted:

Women would probably buy more quality poo poo if they were paid as much as men. :colbert:

They are paid as much as men. The pay gap comes from adding up how much money all the women in the US combined make compared to how much money all the men in the US combined make. But women are more likely to work in low paying fields like social work and men are more likely to work in higher paying fields like engineering. But men who do social work don't get paid any more than women who do social work.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

The Dennis System posted:

They are paid as much as men. The pay gap comes from adding up how much money all the women in the US combined make compared to how much money all the men in the US combined make. But women are more likely to work in low paying fields like social work and men are more likely to get higher paying jobs in fields like engineering. But men how do social work don't get paid any more than women who do social work.
:thejoke:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
Women are raised from children to enjoy being consumer whores almost as much as they enjoy being regular whore, except they get praise from their fellow women for being consumer whores. Women literally think that asking you to buy them a diamond to prove your love is a reasonable thing that a non-insane person would do to their significant other.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there is both a discrepancy between fields and an actual pay difference within fields
its fashionable to pick one to suit your goals however like when fox news briefly switched from the former being the absolute and only truth to the latter when it came to light that the male white house secretaries are each paid more than the female

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

gary oldmans diary posted:

there is both a discrepancy between fields and an actual pay difference within fields
its fashionable to pick one to suit your goals however like when fox news briefly switched from the former to the latter when it came to light that the male white house secretaries are each paid more than the female

that's because they work harder

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Gay Roads posted:

hey aren't you pretending to be a chick? when they cut your dick off, did you get a sudden urge to buy poo poo?

i can confirm the dick is still there

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

i can confirm the dick is still there

what kind of tranny is that?? come on, go big or go home

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Gay Roads posted:

what kind of tranny is that?? come on, go big or go home

the industry term is pre-op

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

The Dennis System posted:

They are paid as much as men. The pay gap comes from adding up how much money all the women in the US combined make compared to how much money all the men in the US combined make. But women are more likely to work in low paying fields like social work and men are more likely to work in higher paying fields like engineering. But men who do social work don't get paid any more than women who do social work.

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Women are raised from children to enjoy being consumer whores almost as much as they enjoy being regular whore, except they get praise from their fellow women for being consumer whores. Women literally think that asking you to buy them a diamond to prove your love is a reasonable thing that a non-insane person would do to their significant other.
lol time to gas this now that the unironic redpill chat has begun

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Torka posted:

Stop being so goddamn emotional and think about this logically. Or is that too much to ask because you're on your period?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

the industry term is pre-op

or "trap"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stop being so goddamn emotional and think about this logically. Or is that too much to ask because you're on your period?

what makes you think men are immune from the effects of living in a capitalist society?

why are you so centered on attacking women for literally the same thing men do but with different products?

you think all women think love = diamonds and no men think money/gifts/material possessions = love?

Torka posted:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

what makes you think men are immune from the effects of living in a capitalist society?

why are you so centered on attacking women for literally the same thing men do but with different products?

you think all women think love = diamonds and no men think money/gifts/material possessions = love?

posting my true feelings wouldn't get responses like this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
so you're going with puppetmaster I see

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

*shoots you with non-phallic gaia earthmother shaped bullets*

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I'll be over here with my full metal unibody lifetime warranty hair clippers that have been passed down in my family for generations.

You're rubbing something all over your face and head that has often traveled the length and breadth of your father's pubes, and his father's before him.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

so you're going with puppetmaster I see

Much of what I post in GBS isn't true and is only done for entertainment purposes, except when I post "I'm Gay".

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Torka posted:

*shoots you with non-phallic gaia earthmother shaped bullets*

oh poo poo! my one weakness!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Torka posted:

To be fair the pay gap is kind of somewhat debatable, if you could accurately prove that women in industry x were being paid less than men with everything else held completely equal, you'd be able to sue the companies discriminating. The reason why this hasn't happened is because people haven't been able to prove the "everything else held completely equal" aspect of it, particularly in things like the effect of having kids on a family. A lot of studies try to account for these variables of course, but there's not enough evidence that it would actually hold up in a discrimination lawsuit. While there's definitely a wage gap between the sexes you can't really act like it's been conclusively proven to be a discrimination thing rather than a cultural gender roles thing. It's already against the rules to discriminate based on gender, if it was something that was already proven you'd be able to take the guilty employers to task over it.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Bathroom trip report:

My girlfriend has a few of these makeup things:

All of them have broken hinges.

Why? Because your gender didn't hold out for a more sturdy product.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Torka posted:

lol torka you tears sustain me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
for a bathroom trip report that leaves a lot to be desired