Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I like to buy stuff sometimes. Stuff is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Can Al Cowens just hurry up and have his meltdown already? I'm growing tired of waiting.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

opus111 posted:

Can Al Cowens just hurry up and have his meltdown already? I'm growing tired of waiting.
What the heck did you just flipping say about me, you big meanie? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Tiny Tots Program, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on the girl's bathroom, and I have over 300 confirmed noogies. I am trained in Nerf warfare and I have the most gold stars in the entire kindergarten class. You are nothing to me but just another butthead. I will beat you the heck up with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my dang words. You think you can get away with saying that baloney to me on the glowy type-box? Think again, doodiehead. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of teachers across the USA and your parents are being called to pick you up right now so you better prepare for the spanking, junior. The spanking that wipes out the dumb little thing you call your playtime. You're in big darn trouble, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can wedgie you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed fartfights, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States PTA and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your dorky bottom off the face of the playground, you little poopypants. If only you could have known what serious punishments your little "smartypants" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your goshdarned tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you silly doofus. I will spray boogers all over you and you will cry about it. You're frickin grounded, buttmunch.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This argument kinda falls apart when you consider that men are constantly paying for games that are broken out the gate.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Modern Day Hercules posted:

lol if they had to work to earn the money they wouldn't spend it on bullshit in the first place.

You too can own a 350 lbs $30,000 replica of the Iron Throne.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
let's not bring up ren faires lamo

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

RAGE HOLE posted:

doesn't look like it's gonna fall apart any time soon, OP's point still stands

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

RAGE HOLE posted:

yeah manchildren who still live with their parents and have no bills also buy a lot of frivolous poo poo. I lump them in with women though because that's about all they are.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

They are paid as much as men. The pay gap comes from adding up how much money all the women in the US combined make compared to how much money all the men in the US combined make. But women are more likely to work in low paying fields like social work and men are more likely to work in higher paying fields like engineering. But men who do social work don't get paid any more than women who do social work.

do any of the fcking retards that always post this in misoginy threads like this know how a loving regression works?

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
crimney m8

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

you're so afraid of black people that you carry a gun everywhere you go

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
more like Modern Day Limited Shrimp

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The Dennis System

The Dennis System

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

sexy young infidel posted:

more like Modern Day Limited Shrimp

Yeah but 2 weeks a year there's a promotion and it's unlimited. At least I'm not constantly in fear of young black men.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
this is a thread

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

fanged wang posted:

this is a thread

may it live for a thousand years

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Never ceases to be funny lol

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

babypolis posted:

do any of the fcking retards that always post this in misoginy threads like this know how a loving regression works?

You mean a return to primitive or impulsive behavior after more mature behavior has been learned?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

babypolis posted:

How much do you think the pay gap actually is, and where are you getting your info? Link me to a reputable source showing how big the pay gap is when differences in professions, hours worked, etc. are accounted for. It's definitely not the 77 cents to the dollar that constantly get bandied about. It's more like 91 cents to the dollar, although even that might be an exaggeration.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Women work less, take time off work for pregnancy and childrearing, and do less risky work (which often pays better). And if youre comparing within a profession, they are less assertive about their value and about raises, or just don't have as many technical skills because women on the whole aren't as interested in hard skills as men are. Also men work together better than they do with mixed groups, or compared to groups of women, so it's not a bad thing that many professions are male dominated (cameraderie is largely foreign to women). What added value is there to add women artificially to a profession if they weren't going to gravitate to it naturally? Seems more ideological and to prove a point than anything real.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Focus on the bad treatment of women in places where they are actually treated badly, ie the middle east and india for starters. Or just leave them alone, no one likes a lecturing westerner anyway. They want your money though

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think the 50:50 ratio is where the ideologues go wrong. At that ratio in the workplace people start jumping out windows or ride the drama train to insanity. 75:25 male:female is probably optimal, female practicality is good in small doses. 50:50 only works in school/university because people don't have to all work with each other and when they choose groups, they can choose who they want. I wouldn't say this poo poo anywhere outside of these forums

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

unironically it is funny how groups of women turn on each other pretty much instantly.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when i see 3 consecutive posts by the same poster i know im looking at a guy who knows whats up

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The Dennis System

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Bathroom trip report:

My girlfriend has a few of these makeup things:

All of them have broken hinges.

Why? Because your gender didn't hold out for a more sturdy product.

she also has a load of dildos and vibrators that are broken from overuse

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

opus111 posted:

unironically it is funny how groups of women turn on each other pretty much instantly.

something something about how women didn't really need to work together to survive because they'd largely do child raising and defend the home while men were out waging war or logging or something else that generally requires working together as a group and give it a few thousand years and men can be better about working in groups and gently caress you i'm for equality between genders but i also have a facebook and white girls are the worst people on the planet

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

something something about how women didn't really need to work together to survive because they'd largely do child raising and defend the home while men were out waging war or logging or something else that generally requires working together as a group and give it a few thousand years and men can be better about working in groups and gently caress you i'm for equality between genders but i also have a facebook and white girls are the worst people on the planet

i see you have disguised your actual genuine opinion with some detached sarcasm

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
no, white women are pretty loving terrible and seem incapable of working in a group without hating each other by the end of it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
they seem pretty at group work on deez nuts

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
"Women are all bitches because one I deem good enough for me won't give me the time of day" - John Wesley.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
And what is up with men, buying all those expensive technical gadgets that will be obsolete in a year.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Also, how do contractions work?

Edit:

Wow, I can edit a post to add stuff to it.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When you get multiple completely separate but related thoughts in your head that add something to the thread, you can multipost too..one day

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

a posting ghost posted:

When you get multiple completely separate but related thoughts in your head that add something to the thread, you can multipost too..one day

For being a posting ghost, your posts really loving suck.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keyvin posted:

For being a posting ghost, your posts really loving suck.

A posting ghost evokes many reactions..anyway i was just messing with you, im sure you have all kinds of head pattingly wonderful thoughts to share. if only you had some kind of medium to share them on..maybe some kind of forum..

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

A black tailored suit? What am I, an undertaker?

Sergeant Handsome
Nov 26, 2012
Have any of you considered the possibility that the reason why the material possesions sold to females are of such low quality, because mysoginist men are trying to keep the white woman down?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

a posting ghost posted:

A posting ghost evokes many reactions..anyway i was just messing with you, im sure you have all kinds of head pattingly wonderful thoughts to share. if only you had some kind of medium to share them on..maybe some kind of forum..

No, I meant your posting really loving sucks.

a posting ghost posted:

Do you assume that all married men are doormats or do you wish they would all be? Its obvious that he feels that she has been abandoning him when he has needed her before. During a mental break, you would expect a small amount of empathy to come through from the other side. "I know i am not feeling well right now but please stick through it with me". He has heard nothing like that from her. Why should he fight to keep her around if during her worst moments she doesn't want him around at all in any shape or form? Why is no one in this thread understanding this (edit, well 2). He has no obligation to stick through this as her husband, she has shown zero loyalty. Who cares if she's being crazy? That's when a person shows their true colors, as strange a form as it may take sometimes.

a posting ghost posted:

Man that was a rough read. Must be tough. Don't listen to the goons, their "mockery" rings shrill and hollow. Only thing I would add is it doesn't sound like your wife (ex-wife?) is ever going to be sane again, but it also looks like her family isn't equipped to help her. It sounds like your biggest choice is between charity and self interest. Even at the end of all this, you still might end up being all she's got, unless she wants to end up homeless. Sounds rough man. Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nah its because women buy clothes cause of color and fashion and how it makes their butt look, stitch and fabric quality takes a distant last so all the clothes manufacturers of the world can skimp on costs to their little hearts desire. High quality or not, western women will buy the same amount of clothes (a lot). So many colors! Next months fashion!

Feel free to make a post ribbing on men buying the newest Retardvision 3000 every year btw..although i really dont think male spending habits are comparable, unless its cars that go fast for no discernable purpose or something.

• Locked thread