Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Hot: 1x Cold: 1 Volatile: 0x Dark: -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

Gazetteer posted:

Okay, maybe this is bothering me a little more than I want to admit. I spot Maria heading in the direction I'm standing in -- I drain the rest of my punch before talking to her. That was quite the psychotic grin she had plastered across her face. "Hello, Princess. You look like you're planning on ruining someone's night," I comment.

Linda's comment causes her to draw up short as she goes storming past her towards the punchbowl. An idle thought occurs to Maria. Maggie might not be the kind of person to set up something like this but she was friends with someone who might. Could this be some subtle move on Linda's part to take over Maria's territory? It seemed awfully circumspect if it was but then Linda never struck her as a particularly straightforward type. Maria paused and gave Linda a cool smile "Only if someone deserves it" she says airily. "but you wouldn't know anyone like that would you?"

She doesn't bother waiting for a reply before moving back over to the punch bowl and topping up her drink. Pausing she scans the party. The dancers all seem to be in full swing and the drinks seem to be going down well. She should probably just leave it for now and focus on enjoying the party. But she needs to know. did Maggie set her up? and why? Maggie's in the middle of the dance-floor with River still. (and what was his part in all this? Innocent dupe or co-conspirator). Still she'll never know unless she asks. She threads her way through the middle of the dance and gets a close look at how everyone seems to be enjoying the party. Well almost everyone some nerd in a video game costume looks pretty down in the dumps. Not that she cares. Sliding up behind Maggie she get's just close enough to whisper "What the hell do you think you were playing at sending me after Andrews like that? You set me up and I don't take kindly to people doing that. Not at all."

Shutting down Linda: 2d6+1 11 giving her the condition Nosy
"Maggie" set me up (shut down): 2d6+1 8 giving "Maggie" untrustworthy, While Jaime can give me something back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: 1, Trespass/Forgiveness: -1/+1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

----

I didn't sneak up to the bonfire but I walked slow, like I wasn't halfway to freaking out again. There was Sub-Zero, er, Matt. It was hard to guess his expression under the ninja mask. Remiel didn't freak out when I got closer which was a good sign. I decided not to be a big baby and just walked right up to him. "Hey." I said. It sounded lame. I had to give some kind of excuse. "Er, sometimes crowds get to be a little much, since you know, the brain injuries." Yes, remind him you were almost a vegetable. That'll make him feel better. Why was this so hard? Talking to Matt was never HARD before. That was why I liked him! "Sometimes I kinda... see things I shouldn't. It's not your fault."

I reached over to touch his hand. It was cold, like the air.

Turn On Matt one more time aaaand... 2d6+1 = 5. It's the mammal thing, isn't it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Hot +1, Cold +2, Volatile -1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb

Oh. Okay.

"Oh. Okay." Idiot. "It, uh, it's fine, I... I was a bit weird there."

Her hand's warm.

"Zoe, I..." Okay, take off the stupid mask. "Zoe, I, uh... I like you. Like, I like you like you. You, you always listen, and you've got time for everybody, and I don't really care if you're a Jesus freak or whatever, and, um..."

Dad said that Quetzel courtship used to involve biting each other. In mid-air. That couldn't possibly have been as stupid and awkward as this.

"Would you like to go to the homecoming dance with me?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

Oh.

Oh poo poo.

"Hey, I'm not a Jesus freak." It was just a stall for time, because there were some really important things I had to figure out and I only had a few seconds. Did I want to go to the dance? Yes. Did I want to go with Matt? Pretty sure that was a yes, too. Did I like him like that, like he just told me he liked me? I didn't know. I really didn't. I'd just never thought about him that way before! And yeah, I should have, but I didn't want to because Matt's one of my best friends and I wanted to always be friends and now it was going to be complicated and what if it didn't work out and-

Whoa. Too fast, Zoe.

I squeezed his hand. Then I stood up on tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek. Really fast, just to see if Remiel had something else to say about it. But all's quiet on Heaven's front.

"Yeah." I said. "I'd like that."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

Oh.

Wow. I think I might be the happiest person alive right now. That was amazing. That kiss, and- and Zoe... Wow.

"That's fantastic!" I can't stop smiling. "Thanks, Zoe. You're the greatest." And I mean it. And, hey, my song is on. Well, then.

"Let's dance, yeah? We're here to have a good time, so let's go."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Anne Andrews
Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1
Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out

OK, from asking around it looks like I missed Zoe and she went back to the party anyway, so I'll just head back as well and -

~record scratch~

Huh. Did not see that resolution to the whole Zoe/Matt thing coming at all. Kinda feel bad for snapping at him in my text now. Someone call Dr Who because we've got a pair o'dorks here I guess. Alright, that leaves...Linda, I guess. Who is wall-flowering over by the drinks table, and guess what? I'm pretty thirsty right now. I cut through the crowd ignoring the one or two stares the rapidly growing bruise on my cheek attracts and focus in on that shiny fake armor she's wearing. When I reach her she's facing the other way, and I talk just loud enough to be heard over the music

"Hey Linda, y'know how we had that talk today about 'not getting in my way' tonight? I kinda think that sicing Maria and her loving goon squad on me still counts!"

I grab her shoulder and spin her round so she can look at my face as I work up to my point.

"I don't buy that Maggie has the guts to order a beatdown, but I bet you do. You got about ten seconds to convince me you're not worth the trouble before I kick your rear end."

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 8, 2015

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Linda Mills
Hot -1; Cold 1; Volatile -1; Dark 2
Harm 0/4; Exp 1/5(1) Conditions: Snob, Drained, Nosy

What the gently caress is wrong with people tonight? God forbid I show friendly interest in any of these loving people, because apparently everyone in this party is prepared to blame me for every loving problem they have tonight. River, Maria... now Anne. I look Anne dead in in the eye -- I am like, beyond exasperated. "Andrews. What the gently caress? Did you like, hit your head at lunch too? Because you sound crazy. Stop sounding crazy. I did not try to get Maria to beat you up, okay? I'm here to have a good time with my friend. Who has apparently ditched me to go hang out with some guy. So, uh, not really in the mood. Chill the gently caress out, Anne."

Shut Anne Down because she's acting really crazy right now: 2d6+1 8 Technically using Broken Rib against her here, but that only brings it up to a 9. We both lose a string.

I frown at her face in the dim light. Come to think of it, did she hit her head? She's... not really looking so great. "Do you need help? You, uh, you don't look so good right now."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out

Please don't call me crazy. I'm not crazy.

"'m not crazy"

I'm sure I'm not. I just wish I could say it with more confidence. God, my cheek hurts. Did I black out back there? A concussion would really put the poo poo icing on this poo poo cake of a day.

"don' need any help.

Am I mumbling now? I can barely hear myself talk over the music.

"sorry for being a bitch. long day. gotta...gotta go."

Have to get outside the party. Can't protect anyone while all these idiots are getting in the way. I can't let Zoe and Matt and maybe Jamie get hurt. Linda can do whatever the hell she does in here, but I need to protect them all from the real threat. Gotta pay attention, like the sign said.

"gotta pay 'tention, sign said so"

gently caress, was that out loud? My cheeks are burning for reasons entirely unrelated to blunt trauma as I walk away into the shadows on the edge of the firelight.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills

Oh for--

No. River and Maria apparently hate me right now, I'll have to work on that some other time. I'm not letting this one wander off with her face all bleeding to poo poo, though. "Anne, wait." I hurry to catch up with her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You're a mess right now. Come on, you need some help. I've got my mom's car, there's a first aid kit in there. At least let me help get something on your face." I hesitate, making sure we're out of earshot of everyone else before adding. "I... saw something this morning. I didn't want to talk about it at school -- that was why you ran out of class this morning, though, right? You saw it too?"

Turn on Anne by offering her support, taking advantage of her Vulnerable condition: 2d6 4. First turn on roll of the game, predictable results.

See, I'm friendly. I'd make a great friend!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Matthew and Zoe
You start to dance again, and this time, things go a bit better. You get into the swing of the music, Matt isn't completely entranced by his partner, and Remiel sends no warning visions or other messages to Zoe to warn her off. All too soon, the song comes to an end.

Matt, in the brief moment of silence between tracks, you realize that the your phone is vibrating rapidly in your pocket, someone is calling. If you check it, it's Dad. What do you do?

Zoe, as the two of you halt between songs, you happen to come to a stop facing one of the drinks tables over Matt's shoulder. You can see Natalie pouring herself another glass, and you start to flash her a smile before you catch a glimpse of Mark moving in towards the table from the other end, an empty cup in his hand, and a nasty look on his face. What do you do?

If anyone else is looking for a prompt, let me know.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

Aaaaaaand good feelings are over. Again. I've been caught. Dad didn't want me to go to the party, but I went anyway, and now I'm gonna get an earful. I look up at Zoe, and I wish I wasn't saying "Sorry, I gotta duck out for a bit." What do I do? I smile. God. Everything's confusing now, and I don't know if it's in a good way or a bad way.

I duck away from the bonfire, and I feel like there's eyes on me. I wonder who saw me and Zoe together. Probably everybody. I can practically hear the rumor mill churning right now. By Monday the whole school is going to be convinced we're Romeo and Juliet, sneaking out of classes to do... whatever it is you do. Which we don't. And won't. Will we? Maybe? I really cannot think about kissing Zoe right now, holy poo poo, I asked her to the dance and that's IT. Stay focused.

I find a quiet spot, where I can still see the party but I can talk to Dad without being drowned out by party noise. Here goes. Beep.

"Hi, Dad." I sound pretty loving guilty. poo poo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews

I nearly snap at Linda that I don't need her help, that everyone here needs my help and she is getting in the way. And then she admits that she saw something as well, and unless she's playing me that's about the best news I could get.

"You're not messing with me, are you? Swear to God if this is some kind of...yeah. Yeah, yeah I saw something."

I let her walk me to her mothers car. I can at least let her check I don't have a concussion, or give me some asprin. If she's telling the truth...I need to know.

"I've been having...visions, seeing things other people don't see, since the plant blew up. I stopped talking about it because everyone thought I was crazy, including me. I think something bad is going to happen tonight, someone is going to attack the party, and I have to stop them."

Why does it still sound crazy to say?

"What...what did you see?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Hot 1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

What the gently caress? Did Maggie do this? After what happened at lunch? Why would she send loving Maria Ricca after Anne? gently caress.

"Why would I set you up?" I say, sounding offended though I match her volume. Just loud enough that only she and River can hear. "I'm not that stupid. I..." I pause to take a look at Maria, looking even more like hell than usual. And I'm pretty sure I could see Anne at the far distance and still standing.

"...are you telling me you and your gang all went after her and she beat you up? How?"

I try to sound more alarmed than amused. But seriously, cheers for Anne for standing up to her.

Can I place "Weak" at Maria? :D

Mitama fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 10, 2015

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

What's going on here? First Linda's all up in our face. Now Maria's accusing Maggie of what exactly? It's like everyone's determined to ruin our fun tonight. "Hey Maria, it's a party, you gotta lighten up. You should be dancing, not fighting."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Weak

"Nice try Maggie. But you've already made a look a fool once tonight, I'm not gonna let you do it again." Maria growls at her. Still at Rivers interjection she realises he's right, no point writing off the whole night just for one bit of bad luck. She takes a breath and turns to River, "Fine I promise I won't cause any more trouble tonight." and well if it let's her have a bit of fun at Maggie's expense well all the better. She smiles back at him and says "Is that an offer?" and before he can respond drags him off for a dance while she ignores Maggie's glare.

She's suprised at the next song that's queued up . Amy has the worst timing. She can't really dance very well to this. Still she does the best she can to show River what he's missing by sticking close to Maggie.

Riverdancing (Turn on): 2d6+1 8

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

I was a little disappointed that Matt actually sneaked off to answer his phone instead of staying with me. That's what I meant before, about how I was pretty sure even if we did go out I'd be #2 to his family problems. I bet River never answered his phone in between dances. I looked over at the class hottie and it seemed like Maria had decided to pick on him and Maggie now. (Was she really dragging him away from his date? Jeez, way to be classy Maria.) So... where'd Anne go then? I frowned and pulled out my phone but there weren't any messages.

godfish posted:

You can see Natalie pouring herself another glass, and you start to flash her a smile before you catch a glimpse of Mark moving in towards the table from the other end, an empty cup in his hand, and a nasty look on his face. What do you do?

Ugh!! I seriously wish Mark had been shipped off to military school with Andy sometimes. If I let him get to Natalie again all my work would have been for nothing. Screw that. Mark was about to earn himself a double-smiting. I grabbed one of the half-full cups of nasty punch and cut him off before he got close enough for her to notice. Then I 'accidentally' ran into him, and tipped the cup all over him.

"Hey watch it, Mark!" I said indignantly. "Try dressing up as a cow next year, God!"

Shutting Down Mark before he can get to Natalie: 2d6+1 = 11! Suck it Mark. Giving him the condition: Punched Out

mistaya fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 9, 2015

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

quote:

River (Jones)
Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"I'm glad we can all get along," and I finish my punch to toast to that.

Ferrosol posted:

She smiles back at him and says "Is that an offer?" and before he can respond drags him off for a dance while she ignores Maggie's glare.

"Wait, what?" and I get dragged away from Maggie to dance with Maria to a song I've never heard of. drat, what's with this girl? I guess she's just used to getting whatever she wants. I see her goons looking at me and I can't help but feel a bit menaced by them too. They'd probably beat me up if I just ditched Maria on the dance floor. I look back at Maggie apologetically as if to say: it's just one innocent dance to help keep the peace.

It doesn't hurt that she's really hot too. But seriously, who put on this song?

If giving Maria one dance suffices for the turn on roll, then that's that. If not, River gives her a string.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills

I lead Anne in the direction of the car. It's not far, but the music from the party gets quieter as we get farther from the glow of the bonfire. God, who made this playlist? That song is like, the kind of poo poo my parents listen to. I still make sure that there's no one around to overhear, before I explain. "I can read tea leaves. Like, not fortune teller bullshit -- if I look right, I can see things that are going to happen. When August was shoving that cup of leaves in my face this morning, I saw you. Only, uh, dead. And in a pool of blood, buried under a bunch of corpses." I start to cross my arms over my chest, but my breastplate makes that awkward. So I leave them uneasily at my side. "And then next thing I know, you're all freaked out and rushing out of the room." I give Anne a sideways look. "You've... noticed me before. I assume you felt something after I got that vision?"

We're at the car now. Mom's silver Prius, parked around the corner where it seems unlikely to get trashed or broken into by drunken idiots. We're still close enough to hear the sounds of the party, though. I fumble the keys out of my pocket, and get the trunk open -- that's where mom usually keeps the first aid kit. A large, red bag that she insists on lugging around with her, but which she has used a grand total of three times in order to treat completely superficial injuries. She took those first responder courses, though, and by god is she going to get her money's worth out of them. There should be an Aspirin in them or whatever. In the light that suddenly comes spilling out from the inside of the car, though, I can get a much better look at Anne... and she's looking worse than I thought.

"Christ, what'd she hit you with, a rock?" I ask.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Maria, mark experience for that promise.

Zoe
Mark stumbles backwards, drenched in punch and spluttering, and hits the drinks table. It doesn't fall over, but he knocked a few more half filled cups over, getting even more punch on him. By the time he gets upright again and wipes his face off, he looks like a bull whose seen a red cloth, and that red cloth is you. "What the gently caress! Watch where I?- YOU- I!" He starts towards you, fists clenched so hard his knuckles are turning white. Meanwhile a crowd is starting to form around you, sensing entertainment. You can't see Natalie at the moment, but she's either in or behind the crowd, and Mark has clearly forgotten all about her. What do you do?

Matt
As you answer the phone, you catch a brief glimpse of several missed calls and even a text message. Probably all from Dad. If he actually sent you a text, this must be important, he's never really got the hang of them.

"Matthew." Not the best opening line, but at least he didn't use your last name too. Actually, his tone of voice doesn't sound mad so much as worried.

"Where are you?"
-
"Come home. Now. It's not safe tonight."

If you didn't get a prompt and want one, let me know

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews

Linda's mom has a nice car. Dad keeps saying he'll fix our piece of poo poo Taurus but I'll believe that when I'm behind the wheel, frankly. The things Linda is saying are making my day, I don't care if it's a plot to make a fool out of me.

"Ha, tea leaves, really? When I was getting in your face in the cafeteria I was thinking you were, like, a tea witch, but it sounded pretty dumb. No offense. Uh...the 'my dead body' thing sounds pretty ominous, though. The other corpses could be some of the things I've fought before. I guess they're kind of zombies, but...smart-ish? They seem to be getting more common."

I look around into the shadows as I say that.

"I saw two of them here last night, attacking a woman. And yeah, I was worrying about the party and then I had a big freakout at about the same time. I thought you were trying to get in my way. Guess I was wrong. Sorry."

Lot of apologies to make today, I guess.

"Nah, just her fist and a little help from her goon squad. Hurts like hell, but there's not a lot you can do for a cheekbone. Just...let me have whatever painkillers are in there, clean it up a bit. Then we should get back to the party before any trouble starts."

I sit down on the lip of the trunk, setting my jaw against the pain and staring off in the direction of the party. I must look beat all to hell. Gotta keep going though, can't look weak.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 10, 2015

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

I... what? I tell her what she wants to hear, she just ups and takes my date. What is she, some kid who always wants everyone else's toys?

"What the he-" I mouth those words toward River, but he soon disappears into the dance floor. I stare at them blankly for a few seconds as they jump into the next song. River looks like he even enjoys it. gently caress this.

I shake my head and back, ending up back in the punch bowl table. I scoop up another glass, and almost wish someone has secretly spiked the drink because I need something hard to get over this right now. It's going to be just one dance, right? Right?

"Oooooh, did Maria just get one over you?"

I sigh audibly on the girl that walks up next to me. Melody Sanders, straight-A popular girl. Here to pick on some open wounds, I suppose. Not unless I act first.

"She's gone crazy." I say darkly, recomposing whatever dignity I have left. "She thinks I set her up, so she takes my date. Maybe she's feeling that someone's getting closer to finding out who set that weed on Andy Thompson's locker. She's seeing enemies everywhere."

I don't actually know if Andy was set up or whatever. But I'm not gonna let that get in the way of a good slander.

A Little Bird Told Me: Trix, 6+2 = 8. I'll give Maria the condition "Paranoid" but in turn Maggie gets the condition "Liar".

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Paranoid.

River really seems to enjoy the show while Maria takes pleasure from the sudden round of whispers about him and Maggie. It was a good dance. She smiles at him "If you ever get bored of Maggie's stupid little games, call me. You never know what you might be missing." and flutters her eyes suggestively before turning round and heading towards the drinks table.

She's barely had time to get a drink when a circle starts forming around someone or someone's. Pushing her way through the crowd she see's Zoe and Mark squaring off for a fight. She turns to the girl next to her, Tammy and whispers "ten bucks on the girl." she briefly turns her head and whispers back "you crazy? he's fighting mad, he'll mop the floor with her." Maria just smiles serenely "Watch, and wait and get ready to pay up."

Giving River One last look (turn on): 2d6+1 10 Taking a string on River

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 10, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven
Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: 1, Trespass/Forgiveness: 0/0

----

GodFish posted:

Mark stumbles backwards, drenched in punch and spluttering, and hits the drinks table. It doesn't fall over, but he knocked a few more half filled cups over, getting even more punch on him. By the time he gets upright again and wipes his face off, he looks like a bull whose seen a red cloth, and that red cloth is you. "What the gently caress! Watch where I?- YOU- I!" He starts towards you, fists clenched so hard his knuckles are turning white. Meanwhile a crowd is starting to form around you, sensing entertainment. You can't see Natalie at the moment, but she's either in or behind the crowd, and Mark has clearly forgotten all about her. What do you do?

For the second time that night, Remiel's power rippled through me. This time not in fear, but wrath. Mark was going to loving regret it if he came at me now. I could feel my muscles tense up like springs. I started to whisper words in a language I didn't know, too soft for anyone to understand. It was Enochian, the tongue of Angels.

"ODO CICLE ZORGE LAP ZIRDO NOCO HOATH IAIDA"
(Open the Mysteries. Be friendly unto me. For I am the Servant, the true worshiper of the Highest.)

There was a toy pitchfork that came with the little devil costume. It was small, about the same size as a spatula, and made of cheap red plastic that should have just shattered on impact. I'd left it on my belt all night instead of carrying it around. Remiel knew how to brandish it like a sword, and when Mark in his soggy punch-soaked Godzilla outfit came tromping at me like some kind of red-stained dinosaur, I stepped back and let the angelic knowledge guide my hands.

It was very nearly a disaster. You ever read the old testament? The toy pitchfork was heavy in my hand and I could see the gleam on the edge that meant it wasn't a toy at all anymore as Mark got close. I clenched my fist and tried to clear my head. Just teach him a lesson don't kill him! My body moved, sidestepping Mark as he charged me. I stomped one foot down hard on the wet squishy green Godzilla tail, and Mark flopped forward like a dead fish- er, lizard. His hands slipped in the puddle of punch so he didn't do a very good job breaking his fall and smashed his face off the hard cement.

poo poo. poo poo poo poo poo poo I didn't mean to hurt him, I didn't even HIT him! I stuck the pitchfork back on my belt and hoped nobody would notice it wasn't plastic anymore. "Somebody get a first aid kit." I glared at the crowd, biting my lip. "Come on! Hurry!"

He was rolling over, moaning, and that wasn't punch leaking out between the fingers covering his nose. I almost leaned over to help but I knew he wouldn't want MY help so I let other people do it. I couldn't believe what had just happened. What was everyone at school going to say? What was my Dad going to say?!

Mark wants to fight, so we fight. Smiting for +1 to both roll and harm. 2d6+2 = 9. I'm using his Punched Out condition against him to bring that to a 10. He has to Hold Steady to retaliate and takes 2 harm.

Oh and I'm assuming this counts as Smiting Without Permission so there goes my Forgiveness. Woops.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 10, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

"What do you mean? I, I left a note..."

He's not angry. Thank god. But... Not safe? Surely I'm safe as can be with all of these people around me? And we've got a bonfire and stuff, and... Well, the only danger here is the usual crap, and I hadn't seen any of that yet. No drugs, no drink - no alcohol would wanna taste like that punch. What's the problem? At that moment, I glance over to the party and holy poo poo there's a fight. Who's there? Is that Mark on the floor? Who the gently caress invited him? And - is that Zoe?! I walk away for ONE second...

Okay, I have a few seconds to think of something. "Dad, I'm okay. I'm at a party with some friends. We're perfectly fine, Anne's dad is watching us and making sure everything's safe. No alcohol or anything. I'll be home soon, okay?" It's not a very good excuse, but...

go away snakedad

(Delsnow) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) Delsnow, 4+1 = 5

Ooooh dear.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills

I have to lean across Anne a little to rummage through the bag. It's not that messy in there, though, so I find when I'm looking for pretty quickly. A package of antiseptic wipes, and a small bottle of aspirin. "Looks like she broke the skin a little," I mutter, looking at Anne's jaw. Just a bit of an abrasion, but enough for it to make me... reevaluate Maria as a potential asset. I mean, she still is a potential asset, but I'm going to need to be more careful about utilising her than I'd originally thought. And I'd need to find some way to reign her in before she did any more damage to anyone else that mattered. I tear the wipes open, and sit down right next to Anne. "I saw that too," I admit. "You fighting zombies or whatever. That's why I was weird at lunch -- trust me, the last thing I want is to get in your way when it comes to killing something like that." I'm telling the truth. Apart from wanting to get on Anne's good side, I had way too much tied up in that party right now to want to see it attacked by weird zombie things. Maggie in particular... is really my only really close friend.

"This will sting, obviously." I add that last part as I lean in to dab the area around her jaw, working as gently as I can. I have to get pretty close to Anne in order to see properly in the dim lighting from the trunk light -- close enough to be awkward under other circumstances. "You... think they're going to come back here?" I ask. I lower my voice -- not because I'm worried someone's spying on us so much as because my mouth is pretty close to her ear at this point. I pull away to give her a chance to answer -- I'm pretty much done anyway. I hold out an aspirin in my left hand. "No water, sorry," I add.

'Tea witch.' Apart from being more than a little silly, it doesn't seem to fit. The tea... isn't important. Not in of itself, I somehow know instinctively. I like it, because even though it lasts for quite a while, the only real way to appreciate it before it loses its flavour is to use it up. Its only value comes in destroying it. That was why I collect it instead of, say, shot glasses or, I don't know, nerdy D&D poo poo. But in the end, the tea only really matters because it's mine. Like Anne! ... sort of. She's a lot less cooperative than a tin of English breakfast usually is. I don't argue with her characterisation of my powers, though, because what I explained just now? That right there is exactly the sort of thing you, like, don't say to people out loud.

It does make me wonder if 'using up' a person who belongs to me would tell me more than used tea leaves do, though. Not something I plan to test out anytime soon, or ever. But it's an interesting though.

Is that enough to count for healing a point of harm from Anne?

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 11, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Anne can heal 1 harm, yes.

JamieMaggie
"What, really?" Melody leans in, whatever her earlier intentions for you driven out of mind by the siren song of gossip. Someone nearby who had apparently also been listening chimes in, "No, but she was with people all day, she never had a chance." Another voice, "But she had the most to gain from it, she's queen of the school with him gone." "Do you think she narced on Mark too?" "Nah, I heard it was that Oritz kid." You can practically feel the rumors rippling out from you, like the winds of a hurricane with you in the eye. Its clear not everyone is buying it, but when did that ever stop gossip? And theres River coming back! What do you do?

River
Maria heads off somewhere else after the dance, and Maggie isn't where you left her. You're having some trouble keeping Maria out of your head as you go to find her, but this isn't really the time. You did make that promise to Maggie, and you haven't had much luck keeping it so far, with the constant stream of people getting in your way. When you find her, she's talking to Melody Sanders, but a few people around are listening curiously as well. What do you do?

Maria
Tammy shakes her head in disgust at the weak show Mark put on, and turns towards you to pay up, one hand digging her in pocket. That's when she seems to realize who she'd been talking to, and she glares at you and spits on the floor. "I heard what you tried to do with Brad earlier. You better back off, He's Mine." Her tone is ice cold, and a couple people are looking towards the two of you now, maybe hoping for a round 2. What do you do?

Zoe
Mark slowly gets to his feet, helped by two friends, and he turns to glare at you for a moment. There isn't any anger left in his gaze though, just pure fear. "Just stay away from me, you bitch." Then he hurries away, hands clamped over his broken and bleeding nose. As bad as you might feel for him at the moment, and the trouble this is going to cause, that sure felt good, didn't it? The crowd is starting to break up now that the fight is over, a few members giving you dirty looks, but most are cheering you, and some are looking around at something else in the crowd you can't make out yet. Mark wasn't exactly popular, and you crushed him. What do you do?

Matthew
"You're still there? Get going!" His tone is urgent, whatever this is about is something he thinks is important. "You can party some other night, but tonight is not the tim-ANDREWS?!" Uh oh. Now he sounds mad.

"You're at a party with Mister," he practically spits the word, "Andrews?" You can tell from his tone and the slight shaking in his voice that he's moments away from snaking out. There's a long pause, and when he speaks again he sounds calmer. "Look. Come home. You can... bring... your friends if you want. Just. Come home, now."

Dad Oritz is taking a string and then spending it to give you experience if you come home, with or without your friends.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria waves off the threat, "Listen sweetie If I really wanted your boyfriend he'd be putty in my hands by now. Face facts the only reason he was even paying attention to me was because he wasn't getting any from you." The gasps from the crowd tell Maria that she might have been a little too blunt with that one. Tammy certainly looks like she's about to blow a gasket anyway. She takes a step forward and starts to swear and make threats only for Jimmy and Mike to step in front of her. This takes the wind out of her sails a bit and she steps away muttering about this not being over. The rest of the party goers disperse a little disappointed about not getting to see another fight.

Maria takes advantage of the moment to turn to Zoe. "That was pretty impressive, I never heard you knew how to fight like that, If you're ever looking for some freelance work hit me up." Maria goes on "What did Mark do anyway to cause this other than being his usual charming self?" she enquires. As much to take her mind off the recent altercation as anything else.

Putting Tammy in her place (shutdown): 2d6+1 5

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2(+1)/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb

"Oh... Okay, dad. I'm sorry. I'll come home. See you soon."

Well, the night's over for me. I pocket my phone. What an end. Rushing around, turn up late, nearly scare away my friend/crush only to get her back and say yes to the dance, and then dad shuts everything down. If this were a movie, people would want their money back.

Hang on... I wanted to speak to Anne about the poo poo my dad did, right? Like, I explained that poo poo already (in my head), but if things got bad having her on my side would be good. And dad said I could bring my friends home. Oh, boy. This is going to be weird. But nobody's said "no" to me today barring Miss Salvador, so maybe...

I better make a move, then. I head over to Zoe, who's talking with Maria about something. I can't think of anything I can use as leverage to get Miss Mafia 2014 to go away, so she'll end up hearing this. But eggs and omelettes.

"Hey, Zoe?" I reach over, take her hand and give it a squeeze. "You okay? You wanna stay, or ditch this? I, uh, I wouldn't wanna stay at any party with Mark in it. We can crash at mine for the night, watch a movie or something." Uh, sounds like I'm coming on to her. poo poo, uh...

"Anne can come along too, if you want." There. Better. Please say yes, and please don't get weird ideas Maria.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out

I choke a yelp down and just hiss a bit when the antiseptic on the wipes starts to bite. Why does medicine always feel worse than getting hurt in the first place? Probably adrenaline or something. I dry swallow the pill with a bit of effort, but I frankly I think just having someone listen and care and believe me is better than asprin anyway.

"Yeah, I'm not going to call you a tea witch, way too dumb. Doesn't matter, really. Thanks for patching me up, it's been a hell of a day. At least this time I...nevermind."

Didn't get caught with my shirt off by pretty much all my friends and one of the hottest dudes in the school, is what I don't say. That really doesn't need to get spread around. I hope she can't see me blushing in the dim light.

"Look, we should get back to the party and make sure everything's OK. It's really good to know you've got my back, though. Really wasn't expecting you to turn out to be a knight in shining armor."

I grin and then wince. Better give the pill some more time to kick in before I try that again.

"Alright, enough playing doctor. Let's go save some lives."

I hop up off the car and hold a hand out to help Linda up, hoping she didn't get the wrong idea about playing doctor.

Turn on Linda (tagging Nosy): 2d6+2 8

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

GodFish posted:

Mark slowly gets to his feet, helped by two friends, and he turns to glare at you for a moment. There isn't any anger left in his gaze though, just pure fear. "Just stay away from me, you bitch." Then he hurries away, hands clamped over his broken and bleeding nose. As bad as you might feel for him at the moment, and the trouble this is going to cause, that sure felt good, didn't it? The crowd is starting to break up now that the fight is over, a few members giving you dirty looks, but most are cheering you, and some are looking around at something else in the crowd you can't make out yet. Mark wasn't exactly popular, and you crushed him. What do you do?

I stayed away from Mark and let his buddies drag him off to put ice on his nose. I'd never gotten this much attention from my classmates before, even upperclassmen were nodding in my direction. At first it didn't seem quite right but when I thought about it, I felt... proud, I guess, of how well I'd handled the situation. I stopped Mark from getting to Natalie, didn't I? And he'd come at me, so I was the one in the right here. The righteous one even! Yeah!

Ferrosol posted:

Maria takes advantage of the moment to turn to Zoe. "That was pretty impressive, I never heard you knew how to fight like that, If you're ever looking for some freelance work hit me up." Maria goes on "What did Mark do anyway to cause this other than being his usual charming self?" she enquires. As much to take her mind off the recent altercation as anything else.

Whoa, Maria was interested in ME? As... what, hired muscle? Pffffft, fat chance of that. Remiel wasn't for hire.

"Mark's a scumbag who thinks it's cool to hit girls over spilled punch." I said, shrugging and trying to act cool. She WAS one of the most popular girls in school, after all. "I just defended myself."

I looked at her dress, and her goons, and saw how both of them were a little roughed up. Uh oh, major bad vibes. "Everything go OK with Anne?" I asked. yeah subtlety isn't my strong suit, so sue me. "I haven't seen her since... You know, earlier."

The Deleter posted:

"Hey, Zoe?" I reach over, take her hand and give it a squeeze. "You okay? You wanna stay, or ditch this? I, uh, I wouldn't wanna stay at any party with Mark in it. We can crash at mine for the night, watch a movie or something." Uh, sounds like I'm coming on to her. poo poo, uh... "Anne can come along too, if you want." There. Better. Please say yes, and please don't get weird ideas Maria.

I blinked at Matt as he squeezed my hand. Did he seriously just invite me over? I'd never been inside the Ortiz House before (and yeah it was one of those places you call "the Ortiz House" like a proper name.) It was also one of those places with the backyard you didn't go get your ball out of if it went over the fence, even though it backed the park. Dad never had to tell me not to go over there, I already knew.

Which made the offer REALLY tempting. I mean, who didn't want to know what was actually in there?

I glanced at Maria. Even if I was considering it I couldn't tell him so now. Didn't he know that saying I would go to his place this late at night would be guaranteed to start so many rumors that I might as WELL sleep with him? He could be such a drat dork sometimes. "I think... I just want to go home." I said. "Kinda been a long night."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Jamie Chang Maggie Chang
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5

"It's just what I heard. Don't take my word for it. Now, if you excuse me..."

I see River break off from that harpy, finally. I wave off the other girls and head back to the dance floor.

"I can't believe her. I don't know what she's talking about. loving Maria." Whatever. I come up and take River's hands again, moving close to him. "Come on, I can show you a better dance than she can."

Turning River on: 5+2 = 7

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Colossal Dweeb

"Okay, sure." That... might make things less awkward, actually. I'd have to explain to dad about, well, everything.

"Hang on a second. I'll go see if Anne wants to come along, or if she's got a ride home or something." I give her a smile and then pull out my phone.

Text to Anne posted:

Hey, me and zoe are bugging out. you want a lift home or r u ok?

There we go. I stand around awkwardly for a bit. What to say, what to say...

"Good job with Mark. He deserved it. Would have done it myself, but, uh..." I stick out my arms, scarecrow-like, as a demonstration of my general lack of physique and/or kung fu skill.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

She nodded. "And very impressive defending it was too." Seems everyone at the party had hidden depths that they hadn't revealed up until now, Maggies duplicity, Linda's sneakiness, Brad's douchbaggery although that one hadn't been so much hidden as deep and long established.

She freezes ever so slightly when asked about Anne, what does Zoe know? or what does she think she know? was she part of the whole setup. No that makes no sense, why would she be involved. Pausing Maria mutters something through gritted teeth "It didn't go according to plan but I think we settled our business." She certainly wasn't eager to go back for round 2 unless she had a lot more firepower and maybe more backup.

She's just about to move away when the little dorky kid Ortiz moves in on Zoe. Watching him invite Zoe back to his place leaves Maria torn she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry, I mean seriously who the hell invites a girl back to their place on a first date? The weird thing is Zoe seemed to actually consider it, She almost wants to take one or both of them to one side and explain how this sort of thing is supposed to work I mean really these two are going to get a reputation. Besides she'd always thought Zoe was one of those frigid god-bothering types but she seemed really into the nerd. Guess there's no accounting for taste.

Still it's not her job to educate the social idiots of the world. She has a party to enjoy. Drifting away from the nerds she sits on a low wall and scans the party to see if there's anything interesting happening. Nothing springs to mind although she sees Maggie dancing possessively with River again. She smiles and thinks that she really managed to rattle her obviously. Good that'll be some small measure of revenge. She finds her eyes drawn to the fire though as it crackles and flames leaps and sparks fly,

Staring into the Fire (Abyss): 2d6-1 8 Asking the question is there anything interesting at the party? and taking confusing and alarming visions.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Linda Mills

I am very much conscious of Anne's hand in mine as she helps me to my feet. I'd been interested in her for a while, but as a sort of collector's piece. Right now I'm imagining... other possibilities. That 'playing doctor' thing was a joke, right? And not deliberate flirting? I've been running under the assumption that Anne's straight, although I'm suddenly pretty aware that I don't actually know that for sure. Of course, only one person knows about me liking girls, and it isn't Anne, so this is just me reading too much into things. Probably. At any rate, now is probably not a great time to be thinking too much about it.

"You're full of terrible one-liners tonight," I tell her lightly, shutting the trunk of the car and locking it up again, before falling in beside her. "I'm poo poo in a fight, so you know," I tell her. "I'll do my best to help out where I can, though. I guess you can tell me where you want me if it comes down to that." gently caress, I did not just say that. "I"ll try to stay out of your way otherwise," I add, a little hastily. Maybe it would be best if I tried to get any of my people who are still at this party to get out before zombies started showing up. I'd see about that once we got back there.

Promising Anne to try and be helpful/not make a nuisance of herself.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Anne Andrews
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Up to something, Vulnerable, Darkest Self, Broken Rib, Shut Out

I manage not to sigh with relief when Linda doesn't immediately ask to be allowed to throw down with a zombie or anything like that. I ignore the crack about my one liners. I fight monsters, I get to make bad jokes.

"That's OK, just keep your eyes peeled for trouble. Mainly I don't want people getting in the way so, uh, can you do crowd control?"

My phone chimes and it's Matt. Oh thank God he and Zoe are getting out of here, it would ruin me if they got hurt. Not that that's going to stop me from ribbing him a little.

txt to ortiz posted:

nah im good, hangin w/linda atm she hasacar.

txt to ortiz posted:

try nt to get hitched b4 i c u 2 again ;p

txt to zoe posted:

hey u cool to head w/matt? party dint get 2 ruff?

I giggle a bit. When Linda looks at me shrug.

"Matt and Zoe. Who the hell saw that coming?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

I waited for Maria to be repulsed by our non-popularity and wander off before I talked to Matt again. "Forget about Mark, OK?" Now that we were past the moment remembering his bloody face was freaking me out a little. "Come on. We don't have to go home but can't stay here."

Both of our phones buzzed. Freaking FINALLY Anne.

txt from Anne posted:

hey u cool to head w/matt? party dint get 2 ruff?

I snorted.

txt TO Anne posted:

ya i'm good. i got in a fight but i won. maria wants me to be one of her goons lol. cya at school

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

"Okay, sure." Hah. I've definitely got to go home. Dad will kill me if I stay out for a moment longer. In fact he'd probably kill me for being in the general vicinity of Zoe. Goddamn, I'll never have a social life! What does he expect me to do? Marry whoever he picks? Fuuuck that. Grandad Hugo never did the arranged marriage thing. Grandad owns. And it's not like there's Quetzels everywhere you look, either! Besides, Zoe owns and she's...

ohheythere'satextfromAnne thanks Anne.

txt from Anne posted:

nah im good, hangin w/linda atm she hasacar.

txt from Anne posted:

try nt to get hitched b4 i c u 2 again ;p

Oh, hey, Anne saw us, I guess. Well, everybody's probably seen us at this rate. Hanging out with Linda's a bit... weird, though. Are they in cahoots? Cahooooots. Heh. Well, whatever. Linda's odd but she's not mean. Anne will be fine.

txt to Anne posted:

no promises :P c ya around pardner

"Okay, let's bug." Zoe and I head for the Oldsmobile. I glance back to make sure she's okay. "Anywhere you wanna go, or, uh, just straight home?"

Man, at this rate I'm going to be asking her to go to Makeout Point. Do we have a Makeout Point? I don't know. I might have to ask. For, er, future reference. Yeah.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Zoe Haven

----

The Deleter posted:

"Okay, let's bug." Zoe and I head for the Oldsmobile. I glance back to make sure she's okay. "Anywhere you wanna go, or, uh, just straight home?"

I thought about it while we walked to the car. I was tired, and there was still that thing that happened earlier to worry about. With the eyes and the freaking out, I mean. Didn't want a repeat of that. But it wasn't that late yet.

"Well, what movie were you thinking of watching? As long as I can get home by 11 I think we can stop by your place first."

Oh this was gonna be awkward wasn't it. I didn't want it to be awkward.

"Look, this isn't like, a date or anything, kay?" I said, tucking a stray lock of hair behind one ear. "I just want to have fun tonight, so no pressure."

Turn On Matt because of course he's gonna take this exactly the wrong way: 2d6 = 11! Finally you're mine snake-boy! Takin' a string on Matt.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Matthew Ortiz

The light from the bonfire's caught Zoe just right. If I were a poet, I'd have something inspiring and beautiful to say. Instead, I'm Matt Ortiz, so what I think is

(hoooly shiiit)

"Well, I got plenty of movies we could watch in that time." I'm gonna start babbling. "2 hours sound good? I can get you home for 11 within that time, and I've got a lot of dumb nerd poo poo but I've got some classics, I got Raiders of the Lost Ark and Casablanca, dad really likes Casablanca, I dunno why -"

Stop! Shake head, think clear. Can't drive if there's no blood in my brain.

"Sorry. Yeah, it should be fine, we can pick out what you want and I've got drinks and snacks and stuff. It'll be great. It's not a date, it'll be fine."

Yeah. Great. You're standing there in your succubus outfit and you're going to the dance with me. And Anne thinks we're dating. We're going to be crucified by the gossips. I open the car door for Zoe and let her sit, and then get in my side.

"Alright, hang tight."

Radio on. Classic Rock. Key in ignition. Let's drive. And I'm a pretty good driver. And hey, let's sing along! Why not.

Turn on Zoe with pro driving and being cool:
16:41 WorkDel !r 2d6+1
16:41 Krysmbot WorkDel, 8+1 = 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
New scenes for everybody.

The Party
Maria
As you stare into the fire, your mind wanders and you faces float up in the flames, repeating bits and pieces of conversations that had been going on as you passed in the party. Words heard, but not listened to.

Melody's face talking, "-mmy freaked and started binge drinking" Now Jeremy talking to some girl, "got all these shrooms, River and I are going to trip big time tonight. Wanna c-" A couple figures smirking slightly as you went past, the second nudging the first when he sees you, "She got creamed. I thought she was supposed to be tou-" "shh!"

The faces start going by faster, barely giving you a chance to try and recall them. "River and Maria are together then?" "I heard the Duke was back." "Did you see his face? What a complete nerd." "God, I hate River, how does he get all the good looking girls?" "saw Andy the other day," "Not loving fair." "How'd he get back?" "What the hell happened to Collins then, wasn't he supposed to be here?" "Can you believe her dad actually beat her up on Halloween? And she still came to the party." "Oh, so it was Maria who set him up?" "Better watch her back now he's in town again."

You snap out of it, the last few lines ringing in your ears. Did you really hear that? Andy Thompson was back and someone suspected you of framing him? If he really is here and he hears about it, there's going to be trouble. And, right as you come back to the world, you can see Amy heading right towards you, a determined look on her face. What do you do?

Anne
Replies from Zoe and Matt arrive on your phone as you get back to the party with Linda. Normal jokes from Matt, and... Maria wants to get Zoe as a bruiser? That seems, uh what does that seem like to you then? The party seems peaceful at the moment, though you can see a small group of people you vaguely recognize as nerds huddled around someone by one of the tables, looking a bit shifty. No real sign of the fight Zoe says she was in though, must not have been big?

Linda
You arrive back at the party proper with Anne, and take a look around. No sign of zombie attacks yet, so how do you plan on doing that crowd control for Anne like you said you would? For that matter, are you going to try and get your treasure's out of here? It looks like Maggie and River are dancing, and Maria is sort of spacing out staring into the fire. You also notice Tammy off in a corner drinking pretty heavily, and looking a bit sick.

The Oritz House
Zoe
The car ride is pretty short and smooth, Matthew is a good driver. His singing is surprisingly good too, even if he did pick the nerdiest station to be singing along with. Either way, it helps keeps your mind off Marks bloody face. As he parks and the two of you make your way up onto his porch though, you can feel your nerves twanging, and a sense of unease is growing stronger with each step. Can you tell if it's a warning from Remiel, anxiety about going into a guys house, just from going into the 'Oritz House', or something else? Either way, you aren't going to back off now are you?

Matthew
The ride goes by fast, and Zoe seemed to have enjoyed your singing, but were you too caught up in her to think about what your Dad said, how could Halloween be a dangerous night, it's practically the safest night for someone to be out the entire year? No time to think about it once you get home though, as you walk Zoe up to the front door, your getting way too nervous to think about anything else. What is she going to think about it? What is Dad going to think about her? What is he going to say about her?

Some of that worrying pays off immediately as you open the door to come face to face with your father, who'd obviously been waiting for you to arrive. He looks hugely relieved that you've made it, and tries to give Zoe a welcoming smile, though he isn't too good at it. And yup, right off the bat, he says something embarrassing as hell. What is it?

• Locked thread