Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca
Hot: 1 Cold: 1 Volatile: 0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

Maria had been in school early in case anyone needed anything. So far though the main thing everyone seemed to want was hot coffee, Even her. The Starbucks down the road was doing a roaring trade even if they'd screwed up her cappuccino again, lousy barista had been more interested in flirting with the guys than doing her job. Really this place was a dump, In Chicago there'd been half a dozen decent coffee shops near her school, here they called themselves lucky to have a Starbucks. Still she was stuck here so she might as well make the best of it.

She and the boys had coordinated their outfits for the party tonight. They'd gone for an Addams family theme with Maria going as Morticia, Michael as Gomez, and poor sweet Jimmy as Lurch. Amy hadn't said what she was going as and it was going to be a surprise. So far none of the local boys seemed particularly interesting to her but the school year was still young, so Maria was without a proper date for the evenings party. Still it was more fun that way as she could play the field. Hell she was still teasing all the boys who'd been asking for a date to the homecoming she would have to make a decision on that.

A couple of them looked promising but there was only two or three guys that Maria was interested in getting to know better. River (Theater nerds usually weren't her thing but for those wide eyes and pale skin she could make an exception.), Mike (I remember someone telling me a few years back he broke both his legs, but he took to exercise after that and drat he's buff.) and if worst came to worst she could always go with Brad, who'd been sniffing around her from day one (he wasn't bad looking she supposed but hipsters are so last year. Move with the times man.)

Michael still carries a torch for what's her name. Had a twin in the same class, Maggie that's it. She's a cheerleader and probably way out of his league, but apparently she has a thing for bad boys. Seems to have a steady boyfriend at the moment but I promised Mike I'd do what I could to set him up with her. I owe him big time, so the least I can do is dig up some dirt on her boyfriend and clear the field give him a fighting chance and all.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Maria, stared at the poetry on her desk, It was so boring she was falling asleep. But she had to produce a literary assessment of it's merits for her english lit class. As far as she could tell it didn't have any, I mean the guy who'd wrote it couldn't even be bothered to use capital letters. Still there were a couple of girls who loved this poetry crap who owed her a favour who might be willing to loan her their notes.

She felt the phone in her pocket vibrate. She wished she could've gone for a smaller phone, I mean it looked cool and all and the bigger screen helped. But it made it really obvious when she was using it.

Sliding out her new I-phone she checked her messages

One was from the fancy dress shop in town explaining her costumes were waiting for her to pick them up. The other was from Alison, Not one of her favourite people but she had a knack for getting the gossip before anyone else did.

quote:

hey u hear abt maggie

Maria texted back.

quote:

wat abt maggie?

came the reply

quote:

bf dumped her was messy tell u ltr

Maria was only vaguely aware of Maggies boyfriend One of the guys on the senior swim team if she remembered right. Bobbie or something like that. He was some sort of relative of River's. Messy though sounded interesting she'd have to get the gory details at lunch. Still it left the space clear for Michael to have a shot at her and well if not she's sure there's a couple of girls who'd be happy enough to date him if he just worked up the courage to actually ask them. I mean he's totally not her type but he's not that bad looking. She could always call in some favours and set him up with one of them.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Maria watches as the nerds file out one by one. What the hell is going on there? Is there some high-pitched dog whistle that only the geeks can hear? Still the thinning crowd gives her a good look at River. He already seemed to be putting the moves on Maggie. Maria was getting kind of jealous he moves quick and yet he never even tried making a pass at her. She knows how good good looking she is and she has the money and time to dress well yet he was still playing hard to get. Still she liked a challenge and if she managed to pry him away from Maggie long enough to give Micheal a good shot that would do.

She scribbled a quick text to Mike "there's mags's number. better get in quick before river does..." and sat back to watch and see how River responded to a challenger.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

GodFish posted:

Maria
You almost immediately get back a reply;

And shortly after, you can just hear the sounds of him texting away behind you. After a moment, Maggie pulls out her own phone and sends off a reply.

After a few minutes of this, you get another message

River appears busy texting away as well.

Maria leans back in her chair for a moment thinking. How can I sell Micheal to a girl I barely even know? Maggie had never really had much to do with her Maria had never had the slightest interest in being one of the fluff headed cheerleaders Maggie surrounded herself with and the girl herself appeared to have depressingly few vices she could use as a lever to point her in Micheal's direction. Still there must be something... Maria started doodling ideas in her notebook. Nothing came immediately to mind but she could always try just spending a bit of time with the girl and drop in a good word for Micheal where she could.

Doodling for Answers (Gaze): 2d6-1 4

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Her phone vibrates again. Maria slides it out and sees a message from Linda of all people. Maria doesn't ever recall giving Linda her number but Linda's a resourceful girl and a friendly rival and Maria could think of half a dozen ways she could get her number so it's not surprising that she could do the same to her. Hmm, her text is interesting, She needs help to remove Rob a senior from the party (that was Maggie's exes name she knew it was something like that) and she was intelligent enough not to talk about vulgar things like payment. It's good to deal with a professional who understands how the real high school currency of favours work.

This meant a small rearrangement of her own plans for lunch but that was a small price to pay. Quickly she fired off another text to Allison asking what the real deal with the breakup and saying she wouldn't have time to talk later due to being busy preparing for tonight's festivities but that she'd make it back up to her later. She makes a note to ask Amy what she'd heard about Rob as well perhaps she knew him better than Maria did.

Gazetteer posted:

I am spending my string on Maria to offer her an experience point if she takes care of Rob. Can also trade her the string I have on Maggie later with a Bargaining Ceremony, if Maria is amicable to this arrangement.
Would probably be up for trading strings. But we'll save that for after the job is done and we negotiate payment. Do I get the XP now or wait until the job is done?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

GodFish posted:

This is a new scene for everybody

Ah, lunch. Greatest of all school day inventions.

Maria
So far you haven't seen Jamie or River yet, but what you and your gang got your lunches and headed for your usual table, what about James' behavior is striking you as odd today? Amy and Michael both seem to be acting fairly normal. As you take your seats, behind you you can hear...

So I go and grab lunch and take it to our usual table in the middle of the cafeteria. Seen and be seen and all that. James is glaring daggers at Amy over something, must be some sort of twin style fight. When Tony and I fight the whole drat house hears about it. From the seats behind us, I could hear a bunch of seniors sat at a table chattering away to each other, I recognised at least one of the guys from Robs swim team. I saw a chance to hatch a cunning plan. I motioned subtly to Amy to play along and spoke just a little too loudly.

"Shame about Maggie and Rob, they made such a lovely couple." Amy played her part to perfection "What happened?" in genuine shock. Maria responds "She totally dumped him, apparently the dude is heartbroken. He's putting up a brave face but it's there." I can practically feel the seniors leaning forward. They'd took the bait. One of them tapped me on the shoulder Frank? Steve? something like that another of the swim team anyway. "How do you get all this stuff? Rob never tells me anything and I thought we were really good friends." Maria taps her nose "My sources are confidential." and then giggles. She turns back to the swimmer as if taking pity. "Still if it was my friend what I'd do is get him somewhere private tonight and get some booze into him. he'll be hurting and want someone to talk to." Bait trolled and set....

Swimming in deep waters (manip): 2d6+1 11

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca
Hot: 1x Cold: 1 Volatile: 0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

Maria glanced around the Cafeteria. There was no sign of either River or Maggie. Shame. Hell looked like even what's his face Maggie's twin had vanished so I couldn't even pump him for information. "So what did you finally decide to go as for the Halloween party tonight Amy?" she said more for the sake of making conversation while she debated what to do next. Then she had an idea one thing I can do is go speak to Linda and let her know that Rob is out of the picture. Glancing around she spotted Linda deep in conversation with that little scrawny Ortiz kid. Maria hadn't thought he was Linda's type but perhaps there was no accounting for taste. Maria grinned perhaps she could wander over and eavesdrop to find out what was going on.

Picking up her tray she moved towards where Linda was sitting and raised an eyebrow as if to ask Linda if she was done yet?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Linda sat down her cup of tea with an odd formality as if to signal business was concluded. Unfortunately the Ortiz kid didn't get the hint and vacate the premises. Instead he turned to me and in that little squeaky voice of his said "Hi Maria.." Still I knew a way to get rid of him, Kid really did not know how to handle himself around women. I sat down making a big show of the whole thing and showing off just the tiniest hint of my cleavage as I slide into the seat next to him. You could see his eyes practically pop out of his head. Poor little boys are so easy to wrap around your finger.. Linda just sat there with an amused look on her face as he made his excuses to leave. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything more important. But I just wanted to let you know that Rob will not be attending our little get together tonight." It's a long shot but I figure Linda is as a good a resource as anyone "By the way what do you know about Maggie? I don't know her all that well but I was just kind of curious about what she is like? What kind of things she's into that sort of thing?"

Turning on a Snake: 2d6+1 8 give you a String against them.
Spending that string straight away to dangle xp in Matt's face to get him to move out of the way.

Angling for a trade of strings on Maggie though if you're interested. though.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Gazetteer posted:

Linda Mills
Hot -1; Cold 1; Volatile -1; Dark 2
Harm 0/4; Exp 3/5 Conditions: Snob

I push Matthew's cup aside. "No, nothing important," I say. In all likelihood, I'd gotten all I was going to out of him again. There's a limited amount of minutes in a lunch period, and it only made sense to make the most of them. "I'm glad to hear that you're taking care of that for me," I add, but I have to raise my eyebrows at the followup. "I know quite a bit about Maggie. We've been friends for years." Casually, I reach back into my bag, and produce a third metal cup -- there are four in the set, total. I fill with the thermos, and slide it toward Maria, before refilling my own. "Here, try some of this. It's quite good." Why did she need to know about Maggie? I doubted it was just about dealing with Rob. She wanted something there. And I was going to need to decide whether or not it was in my interests to help her get it. I liked her, but Maggie had been mine a lot longer, and I wasn't about to just hand her off sight unseen. "I can probably tell you what you need to know, Princess, but you're going to need to be a bit more specific than that. What are you after with her?"

So, as of now, I'm thinking a string on Maggie in exchange for a new string on Maria to replace the one I spent earlier. Right now, I'm thinking that could take the form of Maria giving her word that she/Mike are not going to do anything bad to Maggie with the information Linda is offering them. Open to other offers, though.

Maria Ricca

I take the tea Linda slides towards me. I've never been much for tea drinking, give me a coffee damnit. But being impolite will not get me anywhere. I took a sip of the tea just to be polite, The nickname was annoying but I've been called worse without losing my cool. I gesture with open hands "Relax, I'm merely acting for an associate in this matter. He's interested in her romantically and now that she's had that messy breakup with Rob he would like to get to know her better. He turned to me for assistance but in case you haven't noticed I'm not from around here, and Maggie and her cheerleader pals are not my type of crowd. What I'd like to know is what kind of things is she into flowers? chocolates? a particularly obscure type of music? that sort of thing. Seems the competition is swarming and he'd like to have something of a competitive advantage so to speak." Maria pauses to give Linda time to take this in "I'd consider it a personal favour if you'd pass this kind of information on to me and in addition refrain from supplying it to any of his would-be romantic rivals." I continue to sip the tea as I wait for Linda to think It's actually not all that bad as tea goes.

I'll take that offer.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca

Gazetteer posted:

"Well," I say, taking a sip of my own tea, "Maggie could use someone to distract her from the ex, honestly," I admit. I think of River -- this could easily hurt his chances, and make him a little annoyed. But I'd make it up to him. What was the worst that could happen there? "I'd steer clear of chocolates," I say. "Unless they're certified fair trade. She's on a big kick for that kind of stuff lately. Mostly listens to whatever pop music is big at the moment." I pause for a moment, and take another sip of tea. "And he shouldn't talk about sports, or cheerleading or anything like that right now. She sounded pretty burnt out on the whole cheerleader-jock dating thing. Don't want to remind her of Rob. Does that help you at all?"

"That should prove a great help thank you. I assure you my associate will no doubt be very happy with this information." Marina places her cup down on the table and nods politely to Linda before leaving in search of a little privacy. Rounding the corner away from the Cafeteria she pulled out her phone and fired off a quick text to Michael. "Hey mags likes fairtrade choc, whateva pop music n dont mention cheerleaders or f-ball n u shud do fine. gl and gh. ps if u need a ride tonite i can boro moms car." With that out of the way and the lunch time bell sounding well at least Mike had a fighting chance and even better she'd repaid a bit of the debt she felt she owed him. Loyalty after all was a two way street, you have to give some to those below you to get some back.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca the Queen.
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

GodFish posted:

Maria
Your phone vibrates repeatedly with messages of thanks from Mike, but they don't really require any followups. As you reach the stairs to head to your next class, see Matthew Oritz from earlier heading towards the same stairs from the other hall. It was pretty funny the way he booked it after you just gave him a smile and the tiniest flash of cleavage earlier.

As you approach the stairs to head to your next class you see Maggie coming towards them as well from the other hall. This might be the perfect time to talk up Mike to her, or... maybe not. She looks a bit of a mess, her eyes are red rimmed and a bit puffy looking, like she'd just been crying. What do you do?

Maria strides through the corridors as though she owns the place. Which in a very real way she did, so many people looking to her for help, for salvation almost. Maria smiles a little at the thought as she sees the little Ortiz kid coming towards her. According to some of the locals the Ortizes are loaded and probably the closest a no-name town like this had to "Old Money." Still this particular specimen was so easy, a quick smile and a little work and he was putty in her hands. She could probably have some fun with that, but not today not with a class to go to, She gives him a cool smile but otherwise ignores him.

As she gets to the stairs she sees Maggie coming towards her, she looks awful like she's been crying, Maria puts on a concerned expression and steps forward. "Maggie isn't it? you look terrible. Come on let's get you cleaned up, you can't go to class looking like this." Maria gently guided her by the arm to a thankfully unoccupied bathroom to give the girl a little privacy. "Now tell me, what's the problem? I'm good at fixing problems perhaps I can help you out." And if she could help steer Maggie in Michaels direction well two birds one stone.

So tell me what the problem is (manipulate): 2d6+1 8

OOC: I can edit the interaction with matt based on what he wants to do. and marking experience for the hot roll.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 17, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

GodFish posted:

Maria
Maggie tries to put on a strong face as you lead her towards the bathroom, but once inside she lets it drop, seeming to accept your help. Clinging to your arm, she starts to cry again, but answers you through the tears anyway. "First Rob broke up with me ... when I told him I wouldn't put out after the ...party! And then..." I was talking about it to Matt Collins..." Here her face darkens, and she spits out the next bit, "when that bastard Anne picked a fight with him.... and then she broke his jaw with a brick! That loving bitch!" She lashes out, kicking one of the pipes under the sinks hard, then completely breaks down, sobbing onto your shoulder for a long time.

Maria Ricca the Queen.

Maria stands arms around a sobbing Maggie. Why the hell would Anne do that? Yeah she had a hard life by all accounts. Supposedly since her mom left her dad had started taking out his frustrations on her. Why the hell no one had reported it to child services Maria didn't know. But she'd seen Anne come into school after been beaten black and blue. Her dad musta felt like a real big man beating up his own daughter. Still that didn't mean it was ok to mete out the same kind of violence to everyone else. Hell, that kinda thing was pointless, a good beating was a lesson. Maria knew. You either reinforced positive behaviours or more often punished negative ones. In this case it would definitely be the second. Maria smiles. "There, there, I can solve your problem. Anne just needs someone to teach her a little lesson. Perhaps if she broke her own jaw she might learn how it felt when you did it to someone else. It's such a shame how many....accidents can happen at a party."

As Maggies sobs die down Marina switches tack "Rob that's what I think of Rob." Maria says spitting on the floor. "Some men just aren't worth the time of day. You just need a man who cares about you not about getting laid with you. Find a guy with similar interests. There must be someone out there for you." As a final pitch Maria pulls out a few paper towels and helps Maggie dry her crying eyes. "Don't worry I can sort out all of your problems. Now let's get you cleaned up and into class."

Find a guy just like oh I dunno Michael? (manipulate): 2d6+1 6 Spending my string on Maggie. to bump that up to a 9

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca the Queen.

GodFish posted:

Maria's House
Maria, the gang is meeting up at your house to finish off the costume preparations. Michael and James are there on time since you all have to make sure your coordinated Munster outfits are perfect. Amy was running late, so that you only just where finishing when she arrived at the door. What was taking so long to finish up about them?

When Amy walks ins, her costume takes your breath away. She looks... wow. She'll easily be the second most stunning person at the party, after you, obviously. What costume is it, and what about it manages to hit all of your buttons? Are you usually interested in girls at all, or is this the first time?

Getting the outfits right was taking forever. They had to be absolutely perfect if we were to make exactly the right impression at the party. Still between getting ready I was brainstorming ideas for the night, I had a couple of problems to sort out, Firstly and most importantly I needed to snag a date for the big party next week. River looked like the best bet but so far but so far he hadn't even batted an eye in her direction. Still she was sure she could show him what he was missing out on. But there was also the Andrews kid to sort out, people breaking jaws were bad for business, well unless you were a dentist anyway. She needed to get Anne alone for a while and explain the facts of life to her. Finally there was the other important bit seeing and being seen. She'd have to spend as much of the evening as possible circulating. Keeping an eye on the crowd who was in with who, who was out with who, who might offer a favour, who might need one... It was going to be a busy night but a fun one.

I was wondering where Amy had got too when the doorbell went. Dad had beaten me to the door and he stared through the little peephole in the door. I dunno what he saw but he just burst out laughing and said "I think it's for you. I don't think this is one of mine." I unlocked the door and there was Amy stood head to toe in her costume She'd gone for a real gangster look. She'd gone the whole hog as well Fedora, pinstriped suit even a replica tommy gun. No wonder dad had thought it was funny. But...wow she looked good, the suit fitted her to perfection like it had been tailored just for her, I just stood in the doorway watching her as she gave it a little twirl in her heels "well how do I look?" I was paralysed for a moment. I've always been glad to have Amy as a friend but this was the first time I'd noticed her as a woman. All those sports had given her a firm toned body and well the suit didn't do a lot to hide it. I don't think I've ever looked at a girl like that before but my mouth seemed to know what to stay "--you look ravishing." then she smiled at me. I coulda sworn I saw Jimmy shake his head slightly out of the corner of my eye but I couldn't tear my eyes away from her to check. Eventually my mind came back to Earth. "Let's go knock all the boys dead and show em what they've been missing." As we all piled into Dad's car I noticed that Amy insisted on taking the front seat next to me.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

GodFish posted:

Maria
You arrive at the party at just the right time, not early enough to be lame and for it not to have started off yet, but not late enough that you'll miss anything or risk not being noticed. Did you notice anything odd about the town during the drive though?

As you look around at the people who are already there, you see someone who has something you want, who are they and what is it? You also can see that Anne hasn't shown up, so no action needed on that part yet. Did you talk about that with your gang at all before you arrived?

The streets were really quiet for some reason. Like everyone's decided to get home early and stay there. Still Maria can't help escape the feeling that she's being watched. It's not any one thing it's just she's got this itch on the base of her spine that makes it feel like someone's following her. She's learned to trust those instincts but as far as she can tell there's no one around. So either it's an over active imagination or she's being followed by someone good.

Still she arrives at the party without incident at precisely the right time. Not early enough to look awkward but not so late that she'll miss anything good. Anne doesn't seem to have shown yet. Which makes things awkward she'd rather have gotten that bit of unpleasant business out of the way first so she could enjoy the rest of the party. She hadn't bothered discussing it with anyone else yet, Amy tended to get a little squeamish when they talked about violence and the last thing she needed was that when they both had a party to enjoy. She'd just have to keep her out of the way while she, Jimmy and Michael did the job.

Still arriving at the party early did have it's perks. There was plenty of booze to go around and people were warming up with a quick drink to get things going. This looked to be a great party except for one thing.... who the hell had made Brad the DJ? leaving him in charge with his "ironic" taste in music seemed a recipe for disaster. Maria wanted a good party with lots to dance to if she was going to work on her little projects. She walked up to him on the DJ stand, he'd at least made the effort to get into costume unlike some of the bedsheet ghosts she'd seen flitting around. But he really couldn't carry off the baseball player costume he'd gone for. "Hey Brad, Hows the party?" He'd actually smiled at her...creep "Maria how lovely to see you and what a magnificent costume." She turned to him and asked "so Brad are you in charge of tonights entertainment?" Brad nodded "yeah I've got some great stuff lined up that everyone should listen too. The DJ we booked called in sick so someone had to cover for him, me." Ugh nothing but Brad's music for the rest of the night Maria thought still if she had too she could take one for the team so to speak. She sighed theatrically and fluttered her eyes at him. "I was so looking forward to dancing with you as well... Oh well I'm sure they'll be other guys."

Not sure if this would be a turn on roll or a manipulate roll but it's a hot roll either way so take this.

Get away from the Music: 2d6+1 4

welp just doomed the party to lovely music

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions:

With her free hand Maria gestures to Amy to take over the DJ booth and mouths change the music to her friend. Brad drags her over to the bonfire and they start to dance as <insert music here> plays. Brad's actually not that bad a dancer she supposes. He's actually pretty limber and has some impressive moves. Still she's sure she's better than him and starts showing off what she can do. He can't take his eyes off her as she flows around him, Hell half the guys at the party seem to stop and stare at her. Resulting in more than one getting prodded by their date.

After a couple more songs, she smiles at Brad and says "Well, that was fun, you're not half bad at dancing." She's kind of shocked to find that she means it and covers it awkwardly by saying "Excuse me a minute I just need another drink." She turns away and slips through the dancers towards the refreshments. Reaching them she grabs a drink and takes a big gulp of it. She can't seriously be thinking about Brad like that can she? Yeah he's a good dancer and even kind of cute behind the horrible clothes he wears. but his attitude stinks and his taste is even worse. Still she could do worse she thinks as she takes a seat on a nearby low wall and watches the party and everyone else as Amy finally puts some decent music on.

Dancing with Brad (turn on): 2d6+1 9 they choose one: give themselves to you, promise something they think you want, give you a String against them.

I'm bad at music so if anyone can suggest an appropriate song I can edit it in.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm: 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions:

"Well at least the music was better now." she thought absent-mindedly. She finishes the last of her drink, just in time to see Brad step towards her with a drink in each hand. She turned to him and plucked a drink from his hand and giggled "My hero!" Brad leaned in a little closer than she was comfortable with and whispered in her ear "how about the two of us ditch the party, and go find some privacy." Wow he had a high opinion of himself she thought it'll take more than a drink and a few dances before she'd take off with anyone much less him. Still perhaps she could let him down gently, gotta keep those options open girl she thought.

"Sorry Brad. Not tonight, I have more important things to do." Did she really just blurt that out? drat the booze must be stronger than she'd thought. She could feel her face redden out of embarrassment. Quickly trying to cover it she scanned the party and saw a bunch of new people show up. "Gotta dash there's someone I really need to talk to." She ignores Brads glare as she slips passed.

Sliding her way through the party she turns up just as the little group of new arrivals starts to break up. She spots Maggie first and her date. She looks critically the Faerie costume looks good on her, and she certainly seems in a better mood than she did at school. But who's that with her, Her heart nearly stops. River. She fights down a spike of jealousy at Maggies good fortune, drat he works fast she thought, I mean she only split up from Rob this morning and they're already together."

Still she spots the other little group that's following in their wake. At the sight of Zoe in her lil devil outfit it's all she can do to not burst out laughing at the sight. She never would've thought that anyone much less Zoe would dress up like that. Still she's surprised she hasn't brought a date, what with the way the little Ortiz kid was following her around like a lovesick puppy earlier. She thought he'd have leapt at the chance to go with his nerd pal. Especially if he'd known she was going dressed like this!

Still the humour fades as she sees who her companion actually is. Anne dressed up like some kind of worker that looks vaguely familiar.. Well perhaps she can get her "business" with her out of the way quickly and get back to enjoying the party. Still there's no time like the present. "Hi Zoe,Anne good to see you both, Nice costumes." she turns and smiles at both of them, "come on, the parties great drinks are over there if you want one. The musics finally decent as well so there's plenty of people to dance with. for you Zoe" She watches as Zoe moves towards the party and sidles up to Anne "I need a favour, think you can break off from your friend and meet up with me in 10? I'd be very grateful" she whispers as she leans closer into Anne.

turning Brad down (shut down): 2d6+1 3
spending my string on Zoe to giver her an XP to go off to the party and leave Anne and me alone.
Turn on Anne: 2d6+1 7
Also that hot roll means I ding, So I'm gonna take streaming but if it's ok with you I'd rather wait and have it kick in later and just have it in the background for now. So I think that means I need some new highlights as well.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria waves to Jimmy and Michael to follow her but she also gestures for them to keep their distance. No point in giving the game away too soon after all. She turns to see that Anne has picked up a soft drink and has turned back to meet her. "There's something I could use your help with just over here." "Some drunk was harassing the girls earlier and they told him to get lost, Someone said he was back and lurking round here, I can handle myself in a fight but I'd appreciate some help from someone who knows what they're doing." "According to my witness he ran off down one of these alleys."

She leads Anne towards them. "We just need to find which one."

Once they're out of sight of the party. Maria turns and looks at Anne. "I'm afraid this is where we stop looking." She looks back round the corner just as Jimmy and Michael finally turn up, "See the thing is, certain people disapprove of seeing someone's jaw broken, gives the school a bad image and all. Sends the wrong sort of message. Now see there's nothing personal here, but these people are very upset and somewhat old-fashioned in their ideas so I'm afraid this is going to hurt," She nods to Michael as he moves to grab one arm while Jimmy goes for the other and she swings a punch directly at her jaw.

Punching a vulnerable Bruised Anne with help from the gang: 2d6+3 8 they gain 1 String on you

VVV I can't see anything in the rules about this. "If you take advantage of a Condition that someone has, while making a move against them, add 1 to your roll." seems to be it nothing about limiting you to only 1 condition like it does with strings. Still it does make sense given how strings and xp from highlights work.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 6, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Hot: 1x Cold: 1 Volatile: 0x Dark: -1
Harm 2/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

She remembers swinging at Annes jaw and feeling the satisfying crack beneath her fist. Anne spat something out in her direction about Maggie and then her world exploded in pain. A pain that seemed centred around her stomach it felt like she'd just taken a sledgehammer to the gut and she collapsed on the floor as her vision blurred. She half felt rather than saw the concrete floor she collapsed on and just lay there in agony for who knows how the hell long.

She heard Anne babble something about this not being the Godfather but all she could think of through the pain is she couldn't do that to a horse anyway. Eventually the pain subsides enough that she can see straight and she sees Jimmy trying to help her up, With his assistance she somehow stumbles to her feet even as the world swims around her. "are you ok?" Jimmy asks with a look of genuine concern "Do I look ok? I've just had my stomach try to escape out of the back of my spine!" she snaps back at him. Leaning on both the boys to support her weight until the dizziness passes she says through gritted teeth "get me the hell back to my car dad keeps a first aid kit in the trunk, AH! JESUS! that loving hurts. What did she hit me with? a loving baseball bat?"

As she staggers back to the car she continues complaining "Next time Maggie can do her own goddamn dirty work or I'm coming in fully tooled up. Has to be somewhere in this shithole where we can get some real nice gear." She fumbles in her purse for the keys and unlocks the trunk wincing as she goes. Fortunately after having Michael dig through the first aid kit she finds her dad had enough sense to stock it with the real good stuff. She pops a couple of Vicodin and waits a while for them to kick in. "Aaah that feels so much better."she sighs contentedly as she grabs a handful of antiseptic wipes and tries to clean off the muddy bootprint off her dress as best she can.. She's not going to let that crazy bitch ruin her party night. "Right I'm as good as I'm ever likely to get so time to get back to the party before someone misses us."

Gonna remove one harm for popping pills.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 7, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"What the hell had just happened?" Maria wondered as they moved back to the party. "One girl demolishes me in a fight where I held all the cards. I'm no stranger to the odd nasty fight, but for her to lay me flat in one swift move like that it's uncanny she never should've stood a chance." Was this some devious plot by Maggie to set her up for something? She hadn't thought Maggie would have the brains to pull something like this. But she'd obviously been played for a fool. So maybe Maggie was much cleverer than she looked. She may have written it off as a simple mistake. I mean how was Maggie to know that Anne would be that vicious in a fight? but then Maggie compounds her crimes by tuning up at the party with River of all people and in a costume carefully coordinated with his no less! So she'd obviously never had the slightest intention of keeping her sorta-promise to Michael. Maria is furious. But there's an old saying she recalls. "Don't get mad, get even." Still her first step should be to find out what Maggie's excuse was. Then she can watch and wait, and when the time is right. Well perhaps Maggie might end up in some humiliating and unfortunate situation. Wouldn't that be a shame she thinks as she grins savagely as she moves towards the punch bowl.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

Gazetteer posted:

Okay, maybe this is bothering me a little more than I want to admit. I spot Maria heading in the direction I'm standing in -- I drain the rest of my punch before talking to her. That was quite the psychotic grin she had plastered across her face. "Hello, Princess. You look like you're planning on ruining someone's night," I comment.

Linda's comment causes her to draw up short as she goes storming past her towards the punchbowl. An idle thought occurs to Maria. Maggie might not be the kind of person to set up something like this but she was friends with someone who might. Could this be some subtle move on Linda's part to take over Maria's territory? It seemed awfully circumspect if it was but then Linda never struck her as a particularly straightforward type. Maria paused and gave Linda a cool smile "Only if someone deserves it" she says airily. "but you wouldn't know anyone like that would you?"

She doesn't bother waiting for a reply before moving back over to the punch bowl and topping up her drink. Pausing she scans the party. The dancers all seem to be in full swing and the drinks seem to be going down well. She should probably just leave it for now and focus on enjoying the party. But she needs to know. did Maggie set her up? and why? Maggie's in the middle of the dance-floor with River still. (and what was his part in all this? Innocent dupe or co-conspirator). Still she'll never know unless she asks. She threads her way through the middle of the dance and gets a close look at how everyone seems to be enjoying the party. Well almost everyone some nerd in a video game costume looks pretty down in the dumps. Not that she cares. Sliding up behind Maggie she get's just close enough to whisper "What the hell do you think you were playing at sending me after Andrews like that? You set me up and I don't take kindly to people doing that. Not at all."

Shutting down Linda: 2d6+1 11 giving her the condition Nosy
"Maggie" set me up (shut down): 2d6+1 8 giving "Maggie" untrustworthy, While Jaime can give me something back.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Weak

"Nice try Maggie. But you've already made a look a fool once tonight, I'm not gonna let you do it again." Maria growls at her. Still at Rivers interjection she realises he's right, no point writing off the whole night just for one bit of bad luck. She takes a breath and turns to River, "Fine I promise I won't cause any more trouble tonight." and well if it let's her have a bit of fun at Maggie's expense well all the better. She smiles back at him and says "Is that an offer?" and before he can respond drags him off for a dance while she ignores Maggie's glare.

She's suprised at the next song that's queued up . Amy has the worst timing. She can't really dance very well to this. Still she does the best she can to show River what he's missing by sticking close to Maggie.

Riverdancing (Turn on): 2d6+1 8

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Paranoid.

River really seems to enjoy the show while Maria takes pleasure from the sudden round of whispers about him and Maggie. It was a good dance. She smiles at him "If you ever get bored of Maggie's stupid little games, call me. You never know what you might be missing." and flutters her eyes suggestively before turning round and heading towards the drinks table.

She's barely had time to get a drink when a circle starts forming around someone or someone's. Pushing her way through the crowd she see's Zoe and Mark squaring off for a fight. She turns to the girl next to her, Tammy and whispers "ten bucks on the girl." she briefly turns her head and whispers back "you crazy? he's fighting mad, he'll mop the floor with her." Maria just smiles serenely "Watch, and wait and get ready to pay up."

Giving River One last look (turn on): 2d6+1 10 Taking a string on River

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 10, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria waves off the threat, "Listen sweetie If I really wanted your boyfriend he'd be putty in my hands by now. Face facts the only reason he was even paying attention to me was because he wasn't getting any from you." The gasps from the crowd tell Maria that she might have been a little too blunt with that one. Tammy certainly looks like she's about to blow a gasket anyway. She takes a step forward and starts to swear and make threats only for Jimmy and Mike to step in front of her. This takes the wind out of her sails a bit and she steps away muttering about this not being over. The rest of the party goers disperse a little disappointed about not getting to see another fight.

Maria takes advantage of the moment to turn to Zoe. "That was pretty impressive, I never heard you knew how to fight like that, If you're ever looking for some freelance work hit me up." Maria goes on "What did Mark do anyway to cause this other than being his usual charming self?" she enquires. As much to take her mind off the recent altercation as anything else.

Putting Tammy in her place (shutdown): 2d6+1 5

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

She nodded. "And very impressive defending it was too." Seems everyone at the party had hidden depths that they hadn't revealed up until now, Maggies duplicity, Linda's sneakiness, Brad's douchbaggery although that one hadn't been so much hidden as deep and long established.

She freezes ever so slightly when asked about Anne, what does Zoe know? or what does she think she know? was she part of the whole setup. No that makes no sense, why would she be involved. Pausing Maria mutters something through gritted teeth "It didn't go according to plan but I think we settled our business." She certainly wasn't eager to go back for round 2 unless she had a lot more firepower and maybe more backup.

She's just about to move away when the little dorky kid Ortiz moves in on Zoe. Watching him invite Zoe back to his place leaves Maria torn she doesn't know whether to laugh or cry, I mean seriously who the hell invites a girl back to their place on a first date? The weird thing is Zoe seemed to actually consider it, She almost wants to take one or both of them to one side and explain how this sort of thing is supposed to work I mean really these two are going to get a reputation. Besides she'd always thought Zoe was one of those frigid god-bothering types but she seemed really into the nerd. Guess there's no accounting for taste.

Still it's not her job to educate the social idiots of the world. She has a party to enjoy. Drifting away from the nerds she sits on a low wall and scans the party to see if there's anything interesting happening. Nothing springs to mind although she sees Maggie dancing possessively with River again. She smiles and thinks that she really managed to rattle her obviously. Good that'll be some small measure of revenge. She finds her eyes drawn to the fire though as it crackles and flames leaps and sparks fly,

Staring into the Fire (Abyss): 2d6-1 8 Asking the question is there anything interesting at the party? and taking confusing and alarming visions.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Andy. He couldn't be back, could he? She'd fixed his rear end and good. Kept him well out of the picture and now someone was spreading totally unprovable rumours about what had happened to him. Perhaps that explained the events of tonight. Had the whole thing been a set-up on his part, she'd never had the highest regard for his intellect but the pieces certainly seemed to fit, and well didn't he used to date Maggie at some point? Could he have been using his old flame to set her up. Put her in the way of Anne's fists and then have her humiliated in public. Yes, yes, that made sense. Still she could be wrong he didn't seem that subtle but maybe the lesson she'd given him the last time left him a little more cautious. She had to make plans serious plans, now where was the rest of the gang....

Wait is that Amy, She has a real determined look on her face... that's somewhat undermined by the fact she's drunk. Rip-roaring drunk, Aww crap. Amy's a nice girl but she really can't hold her booze. After the last time... Maria shudders in repressed memory. Still perhaps she can defuse it before things get too bad. "Maria! I've been looking everywhere for you" she practically yells as she comes to an unsteady halt, "where you beens"h "Really want to talk to you bout something important." she goes on drunkenly "Haven't had a dance yetsh" she giggles. Maria smiles through gritted teeth, ok just gotta keep her distracted and get her out of here she thinks to herself. Maria says "well I'm sure one of the boys'd be happy---" "Don't want to dansh with boy's shilly want ta dance with you." Maria goes on "Well ok.Just the one though then we need to get you home for bed." Amy nods eagerly and drags Maria out into the middle of the dance floor as a new song starts to play.

Amy dances surprisingly well for someone that drunk, and seems really into dancing with Maria, even if she does get a little too close to her for comfort.

"Come on then, you've had your dance. let's get you home and tuck you into bed." Amy drunkenly giggles at something only she seems to find funny. "tuckingsh close enuff I guessh." She staggers off the dance floor clinging to Maria for balance. Maria does her best to support her weight but Amy can barely stand. She waves Jimmy over "I think your sister's had too much to drink, let's get her to my car and get her home. Can you give me a hand to get her there. Dunno how much she's had but I'm surprised she's still upright."

Dancing with a Drunk (hot): 2d6+1 7

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria's still fumbling for her keys as Amy lurches free of Jimmy's grasp. Then before she can react Amy has her arms around her and is forcing her tongue down her throat.

Funny thing is despite the fact that she's dead drunk Amy's actually kind of a good kisser. Maria's certainly had a lot worse, a lot lot worse. Some of the boys had literally slobbered all over her. At least Amy seemed to know what she was doing...

For a moment she's kinda tempted Amy is really pretty and certainly has the boys flocking around, but no it'd be all kinds of wrong and Maria doesn't swing that way does she? Besides Amy's more like a sister to her than a friend. So like eww incest.

She's just trying to extricate herself from Amy's tight grasp when she here's a snort from the bushes behind her. Spinning round she sees Anne crouched in the bushes. Oh, crap has she come back for round two? Still perhaps she can get out of it without a fight...

"Get bent Andrews. Shoulda known you'd be the sort to perv on people from the bushes. Whatever you want can wait. I got more important things to attend to. Gotta get my friend here home before she passes out."

Insulting Anne (shutdown): 2d6+1 8 giving Anne the condition Peeping Tom Anne can give back whatever.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Paranoid. On Notice.

Maria settles into the drivers seat, only to see that Amy has unlocked her belt again. "Wanna nother kiss gorgeous...." and leans over to kiss her again. Maria though has had enough and snaps "Amy this isn't funny any more, you're dunk as a skunk and making a complete rear end of yourself. Stop it. I am not interested in what you want not when you're this drunk. "

Amy just bursts into tears and starts sobbing. "Itsh not fair, everyone else got a turn but no me. I wanna has shome fun witsh you." she hiccups.

Jimmy looks like he's about to have a stroke in the back-seat judging by how red-faced he is while Mike is fighting a losing battle against laughter.

"Every time, every time she has a drink she's like this. Next time remind me to not let her out of my sight and to keep her away from the frigging booze." Maria grouses. Turning she straps Amy back in again and says. "Now sit there and don't make another move. Time to get you home."

Quickly, before she starts throwing up Maria thinks to herself I really don't want to explain to dad how his car ended up smelling of vomit. Starting the car she eases gently out of the parking space and pulls out onto the road and sets off towards the Johnson's residence.

Shutting down Amy's advances: 2d6+1 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria had only been driving for a few minutes when Amy decided to puke up her guts down into the footwell. Then she decided to do it again to emphasise the point. Maria's eyes flicked sideways for just a moment and just before she could flick them back to the road Jimmy shouted a warning. She hit the breaks hard but not before she heard a sickening crunch. Amy threw up what was left of the contents of her stomach over the dashboard but Maria didn't give a poo poo right now. "Oh gently caress oh jesus gently caress, " she could here Mike muttering in the back seat. Maria freezes, "Oh poo poo, oh poo poo,oh poo poo, please tell me that was a dog I just hit.... gently caress I took my eyes off the road for just a split second and then bam loving out nowhere." Jimmy looks white as a sheet now. "Oh gently caress, hadn't we better get out and check him make sure he's still alive maybe we got lucky and he just broke a leg or something." He's babbling but it's not like Maria's in any better state.

She took a deep breath. "Ok Jimmy, get the medikit out of the trunk." "Mike get your phone out, we need to dial 911 once we find out what's wrong with the guy." "Amy stay right where you are." All that was running through her head was "ohshit oshit I don't want to go to jail for killing a guy." Stepping around the car, she notices there doesn't seem to be any blood which might be good I mean it has to be good right, right? As she steps up she hears the guy groan "Oh thank god he's still alive."she thought. "Hello? are you ok? I'm sorry I'm so sorry, I didn't see you, are you fine?" He groans again. Maria stepped closer the guy laid there beneath the wheel and moaned. His clothes looked and smelled like he'd slept in them for about a month. All he did was groan. She stepped closer, and the guy reached out to her and groaned, she stepped into the pools of light and noticed one very odd thing. His neck was broken. What the gently caress? He should be dead, but he was still moving....

Oh poo poo. One word comes to mind, zombie. But Zombies aren't real they can't be real. The dead man though swivels to look at her, His head hung floppily, like it was only just barely attached to his neck. The thing opened it's mouth wide revealing it's horrid yellow teeth and roared loudly. A smatter of answering roars came back, moving ever steadily closer. Surrounding them. Maria yells decisively "Everyone back in the car. NOW!" Diving into the drivers seat as the zombies gather she watches as Jimmy and Mike slam the back doors shut. She didn't even think, She just hit the accelerator and drove at high speed, She may have hit another couple of bodies, but she didn't care they just had to get away. Pushing the car to the limit she just drove....

Oh gently caress dead guys are still moving (Hold Steady): 2d6+1 12 Keeping Calm, and carrying one forward
Run away from the Zombies (run away): 2d6+1 7 You cause a big scene.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria pulls up into a convenient residential street. Stopping the car she slumps back in her seat. Next to her Amy is still dry retching, by the sound of it Mike is praying, and Jimmy just can't seem to get his breath back. Adrenaline drains out of her and she mops sweat off her forehead with her hand. She breathes heavily. "What the hell just happened, back there." Jimmy pipes up still sounding like he's hyper-ventilating "Zomb--" Maria interrupts, "Zombie's aren't real, they couldn't be zombies." what's supposed to be a confident statement of fact comes out more like a question. At the looks from the rest of the gang, "I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation, maybe they're just party goers who had too much to drink and thought it'd be a great prank." Even to her though the argument sounds weak. But Zombies can't be real even on Halloween, there has to be some better explanation.

Changing the subject she looks around. "Say, where the hell are we anyway?" Michael looks around, "I think I know where we are. Looks like the projects." Maria nods "Oh, sorry still don't know my way around everywhere yet." Compared to goddamn zombies drunk assholes the projects are an improvement. She looks at gang and asks what next, they all shrug apart from Amy who seems to have fallen asleep. Maria sighs, "Let's get Amy home, and then get back to the party," She pulls the car out back onto what passes for one of Salvation's main thoroughfares. Driving carefully she eventually pulls up outside the Johnson's family house. Stepping out she and Jimmy manage to lug Amy into the house and dump her on the couch. Where she starts snoring loudly. Jimmy grins "she sounds like a foghorn," Maria doesn't say anything she just looks at Amy and thinks she's actually kind of cute when she's asleep. She makes sure that Amy is comfortable and then waves for Jimmy to follow her back to the car.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

"Fine just make sure she's ok come the morning. If she was that drunk, she's gonna have a monster hangover." she nods to Jimmy.

Mikes interruption though is less than welcome. She turns to him and says "Well you can call it a night if you want. I'll drop you off at your place. But I'm not gonna let some crazy rear end drunk or meth-head ruin my perfectly good night out." Michael though just looks grateful to be out of it. "Thanks Maria, just make sure you keep your phone with you, and if you get surrounded by zom--drunks get out of there. Don't try to fight them." he actually looks worried for her, which would be kind of cute if it wasn't for the fact that Maria was twice the fighter he was.

Still perhaps he has a point. If those Zomb-meth heads did come by again she'd be better off running and calling for help and not in trying to fight them. She thought about it as she approached the car. There were a couple of dents in the bumper where she'd hit that crazy homeless guy but otherwise it seemed mostly intact. Apart from the stench of dried sick stinking up the interior (which was going to be a bitch and a half to clean up.) it was fine to drive. She waved Michael into the back-seat and pulled out of the drive and made her way across town to his house.

On the way she tries to make conversation. While keeping her eyes fixed firmly on the road she starts asking if Salvation has a history of Zom-homeless bums attacking people in groups. Mike shrugs and says "Well, I've never heard of anyone doing that. But my grandma might've she's been around for years and knows all the local legends. She'll give you chapter and verse on local folklore. The trick is getting her to shut up." He shares some of the funnier stories about salvation's past that make Maria wonder if he's making them all up. Still she's in a much cheerier mood by the time they pull up outside his modest family home.

He waves her off and tells her to enjoy the party but to stay safe. She scoffs and tells him that he sounds worse than her dad and that she can look after herself. Turning the car aorund she heads back to the party, after all the night is still young and she hasn't found a date for the dance next week yet.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria drove steadily back to the party, she wasn't going to let anyone spoil her party, Anne, Maggie, Linda gently caress the lot of them, as for her friends well if they want to miss out on a good time that was their business. She wasn't going to let a bunch of zom-crazy methed up street people ruin her night. Still one last block to go and she was planning to park up the car and get roaring drunk and find some cute boy to dance the night away with... she'd earned it after everything else tonight.

As she turns the corner she sees someone running towards her, away from the party. Something about the way the girl moves looks familiar. As she pulls up close she realises it's Maggie. She grinds to a halt in front of Maggie and leans out the window tauntingly "What's the matter? did River finally catch on to what a conniving little bitch you are?" Maggie looks at her confused "What are you talking about?" she asks. "I haven't seen River since this afternoon. Has everyone gone insane tonight? First Anne goes mad and kills some poor homeless guy, and now your talking about stuff that didn't even happen. What the gently caress is going on."

Maria glares at Anne she almost sounds convincing but she's had enough of her bullshit tonight. "Look I've had enough of your schemes I dunno what the hell your up to this time but I'm not falling for your goddamn stupid lies again find some other dumb idiot to be your patsy and leave me alone."

Shut down Maggie: 2d6+1 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

An explosion rocks the area, Maggie's eyes widen as she stares at Maria, Maria can't help but stare back. Maggie fumbles for the door and yells they need to get out of here. Maria's not really about to disagree but before she can respond. Someone else comes barrelling round the corner. Wait it's Maggie! what the hell. Involuntarily her eyes flick from one to the other as if to confirm what she's seeing from Maggie#1s faerie outfit to Maggie#2 Frozen outfit. The two look almost identical in fact except for the costumes they are identical. What the gently caress is going on here?

Ok, ok think Maria, you've got a couple of options on this crazy night , either you're fast asleep and this is all some crazy dream, in which case bring on the marching band of pink elephants or she's snapped and some nice gentlemen in white coats will be along shortly, She doesn't think she's snapped or dreaming for that matter but might she be the last one to know? Either that or the whole goddamn thing is real. She looks from one to the other again as they both stare wide eyed at each other. There's only one way to settle this she hesitantly stammers out a question unable to take her eyes of both of them, "Maggie, what the gently caress is going on," They both turn towards her with almost identical expressions of fear and worry, Maybe this explains Maggie's strange behaviour, there were two of her running around. Was she a triplet or something equally bizarre? "Both of you freeze, We're not going anywhere until I get an explanation. "

Shut down Jamie!Maggie at the Car: 2d6+1 7 giving Jaime!Maggie the condition doppelgänger. He can give me whatever

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 27, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria does the only thing she can think of when the two Maggies start after each other. She whips out her phone and takes pictures of the whole thing, she wants--needs to know that this whole thing was not a figment of her imagination and the video will be proof.

She's totally unprepared for what happens next Frozen!Maggie claws away at Faerie!Maggie and something happens to her. She screams and collapses to the ground blood spurting all over her dress. While the Faerie runs for her? It's? life.

Oh, poo poo, Oh poo poo, Oh, poo poo. This isn't the first time Maria's seen blood, but seeing someone go down like this. From perfectly healthy to bleeding all over the street freaks her the the hell out.

Ok, Ok deep breaths Maggie's hurt, Is she safe to move? She really wishes she'd paid more attention to those first aid courses. Crap, theres only one thing she can do,

Whipping her phone up she stops recording and dials 911 "Please you've gotta help." She babbles "My friends been attacked by a crazy person we're on--" Her eyes flick around for a sign "-6th Avenue and oh my god, god she's bleeding everywhere."

Hold Steady to Blood: 2d6+1 9 Removing the condition Paranoid, adding the condition Terrified.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Terrified, On Notice.

"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo." Maria mutters to herself. "Maggie or whoever the hell you are. what just happened." Maria asks through her panic, "I saw her, saw you, fight yourself." God this is getting confusing already. " Then you went down like you'd been hit by a truck instead of well someone like you." "Please just hold still, don't try to move, the ambulance should be here quick." Maria goes to the car and pulls out her coat, it's not much but if she lays it over Maggie it might keep her a bit warmer, she must be frozen in that costume, She steps gently over and covers Maggie with the coat She's not sure how much more she can do, The dispatcher on the phone said something about talking to her "Maggie you have to talk to me, please what happened, what did you do?"

Maggies response is halting and pain filled, "I just got so angry at her, and I started tearing at her costume, She was me but she wasn't me. Then there was a flash of light and then AAH it hurts!" Maria's almost convinced that this is the "real" Maggie.

So Maggie has no more idea who her doppelgänger was than Maria did. It could be anyone, she glance nervously around, If there's one doppelgänger how many more could there be? they could be anywhere anyone, friends family. Hell the fake Maggie had fooled her completely. She hadn't suspected a thing. I mean surely there must have been something about the fake, something off about her if only she could figure out what. She squats next to Maggie and stares into the darkness, who knows where the fake went and what she planned to do next.

Who was that? (gaze): 2d6-1 8 Asking who the fake? real? Running away Maggie was? Confusing and alarming please

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Weak, Terrified, On Notice.

The vision falls apart around her. Great. Visions, Zombies, Doppelgängers All she needs now is a fire breathing dragon to swoop down on her and the fantasy would be complete. Still the vision or whatever the hell it was showed her something important. Whatever had made the Doppelgänger such a good copy was linked to it's clothes. Something about the eye she'd seen nagged at her as well but she couldn't piece together what it meant. Maybe the way it looked so similar was a metaphor or whatever you call it for how the Doppelgänger was nearly alike but there were differences if you knew what to look for. Yeah that made sense.

She tenses at a sound from a nearby corner. Is that the other Maggie come back to finish the job? She gets ready to fight, this time she's not going to be paralysed and see someone get hurt because she's soft. She's almost disappointed when Linda runs round the corner. She was ready for something supernatural, not her rival. Still she's grateful for any help she gets. Maria hears Linda swear under her breath as she kneels to examine Maggie. Unfortunately it seems Linda has no better idea of First Aid than she does. Still Linda looks at her across Maggie's body.

Linda's suggestion is not bad. Maria takes some small comfort though in not being the only one to be fooled by the Doppelgänger. That said it would've been simpler if she'd just cracked and none of ths stuff was real and the police could pack her off to a nice padded cell. Then she wouldn't have to worry about poo poo from a bad horror film. A cop car pulls up lights blazing and two police officers scan the area. Not far behind an Ambulance pulls up and two paramedics pile out of the back and run over to Maggie and quickly begin treating her. Maria watches as one of the cops, the overweight one pulls his fat rear end out of the cop car and walks over to where the two of them are squatting.

He towers over them. His attempt at looking intimidating left somewhat flat by the sight of his beer belly hanging over his belt. He glares down at the two girls and asks officiously "Do either of you want to tell me what happened?" Maria resists the opportunity to tell him what she thinks of Salvation's finest for now and decides to stick to Linda's story. "It all happened so fast, some junkie just loomed out of the shadows, and he must've had a knife or something 'cause she went down bleeding. Then the junkie must've seen me coming because he ran off that way somewhere" Maria waves in a random direction.

Lying to a Cop (Manip): 2d6+1 13

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Weak, Terrified, On Notice.

The perfect end to a perfect evening. Trapped in a tight little room in an empty hospital office with Salvations finest idiots looming over you. Tonight's just been one big disaster after another. By the time she's extracted herself from the cops it's late and she's dog-tired. Still as she's slumped in a chair in the waiting area one of the nurses puts his head around the door and waves over her and Linda. He tells the both of them that Maggie's just come round from the anaesthetic and that she can see visitors now. The only thing Maria really wants to see is her own bed. But what harm can checking in on Maggie for a few minutes do?

Stepping into the room Maggie still looks terrible, pale and washed out and still kind of out of it. But obviously in better condition than she was when she was brought in. Which is a relief. I mean Maggie may have put her in line for a bit of a beating but it probably wasn't intentional and besides Maria doesn't want to hold a grudge after something like this. Not when she has bigger fish to fry. Compared to doppelgängers and zombies running around a beating is nothing. She can handle a beating. The rest well... that'll take time, nobodies gonna ruin her night like that again if she has anything to say about it. She moves closer to Maggie who still seems a little high from the drugs because she gives Maria a weak smile and thanks her for her help. Still it is nice to be appreciated. She says a few words to Maggie which she's not sure she takes in before most of the Chang family charges through the door and she makes herself scarce.

Turning to Linda on the way out she says through her exhaustion "Thanks for your help tonight." and then dials for a taxi to take her home. She can retrieve the car in the morning.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Weak, On Notice.

Her dad had totally freaked. She could see the cogs working. People made the mistake of thinking her dad was dumb because of what he did and maybe he was. He didn't read fine literature or have a favourite opera or an excellent grasp of history. But when she told him that she'd been nearly mugged by a junkie and a friend of hers had been hurt and that she'd had to talk to the police. She'd seen that flash of anger. Maria was not that much of an idiot she knew how her dad made his money and well quite frankly she wouldn't like to be a junkie in Salvation for the next few weeks. She just hoped that it wouldn't go so far that the police would be dredging dead bodies out of the river. She wanted to remind him why they'd moved here to keep his head down. That she was a big girl and could look after herself. But it was pointless he wouldn't listen to her. He never listened to her.

Hell she hoped it was just a random druggie. I mean in the cold rational light of day Zombies and Doppelgänger's didn't exist did they? If she even mentioned them to someone else they'd think she was totally gaga. Maybe the punch had been spiked maybe just maybe she'd had some sort of hallucination. There had to be a reasonable explanation right. She'd go into school on Monday and everyone would be talking about how high they'd got at the party and be laughing about it.

Still she needs to go pick up her dad's car. She can't leave it parked up for the weekend. Unfortunately the only person she knows with a car is Amy and judging by her performance last night, She'll have a hangover from hell. Amy should lay off the booze if when she's that drunk she hits on anyone and anything. Hell Maria certainly didn't swing that way. Not that there was anything wrong with that sort of thing. I mean it's even kind of flattering in a way. But the answer is still no. Still chances are Amy doesn't even remember any of it. She figures she'll give Amy a few hours to come round from her hangover then dial her for a ride out to her car. She'll have to give it a good clean and no doubt the dents in the bumper will come out of her allowance. But once that's done she's going to have see about convincing her friends to get some weapons. She's not going up against zombies Meth heads and Doppelgänger's crazy impersonators with just her bare fists again if she can help it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

A few hours later.

"Hey Amy, feeling any better?" Maria said into her phone. "Yeah I bet you were pretty wasted last night." She goes on "Listen I need a favour I had to ditch my dad's car at the party last night. Can I get a ride out there to go pick it up? Great see you then." Maria threw on a ratty old t-shirt and a pair of slacks it's not like she was going anywhere special after all.

Not long after Amy's car pulled up James crammed into the back as usual. Weirdly Maria could feel a hangover building. Odd that it had just come on now. She'd barely drunk anything last night after all and she wasn't that much of a lightweight. Jimmy seemed really nervous about something though it didn't seem to show on his face. She could still tell. She slid into the front seat next to Amy who seemed to be squinting in the bright autumn sunshine. Hell the sunshine was making her squint as well now. As much to distract herself from the sudden hangover as anything else she filled James and Amy in on what had happened. "Wait so you're telling me Maggie was attacked by an identical twin." she asked. "Nah, Maggie has a twin, what's his name uh the little nerd with the glasses. hit him up with help with those algebra problems a couple of weeks ago." Maria's obviously struggling for the name when James pipes up "Jaime." Maria smiles "Jaime that's it. Anyway he's nothing like her. So unless they're triplets there's gotta be some other explanation for it." James smiles in the back "Triplets having a twin sister is bad enough." Amy laughs "Hey, if you want to get out and walk your welcome. otherwise pipe down." The usual argument between those two at least some things never change.

Before too long they're back at the party. Maria half expected the place to be swarming with cops. After all Maggie was attacked and she did kinda hit that zom- druggie with a car. But the area is deserted not a single cop to be found anywhere. Still at least the car's still there. She gives it a quick once over. The bumper has a dent in it which she frowns glumly she'll have to pay for out of her allowance and the interior smells of stale sick which she'll have to clean out. But otherwise it could've been worse after being parked overnight in a rough area. She climbs into the car and tries not to gag too much at the smell. Pulling out she turns and heads in the direction of home.

It's not long before the car is parked up on the driveway. She'll have to give it a good wash before she gives the car back to her dad and explain about the bumper. Another boring chore. Amy and James step out of their car behind her. Amy grins at her as she sees the frown "Relax, it won't take that long to clean. Look I'll even stay and give you a hand. It's my sick after all." Maria blinks it's nice of her with another person the job will be done in half the time. Amy turns to her brother "Can you drop the car back home? mom will need it for the shopping." He gives Amy one of those usually inscrutable twin looks although oddly enough this time she can read him like a book and he seems to be saying to Amy "don't embarrass yourself" what does she even have to be embarrassed about? Maria wonders.

They break out the buckets of soapy water and Maria gets the hosepipe going to clean the outside of the car. Halfway through though an errant jet of water from the hose soaks her to the skin causing her t-shirt to stick to her chest. Maria splutters with how cold the water is. But Amy's stood there with kind of a dazed look on her face. Maria's sure she heard her say "that T-shirt looks really good on you," Maria says out loud. "It's just an old one I've had for years." Amy shakes her head "I didn't say anything." she replies back louder this time. Weird is she hearing voices now. Again a voice that sounds a lot like Amy's "It shows off everything." Maria turns "Yeah it is kind of tight on me I should really get rid of it. But my first boyfriend bought it for me so it has kinda sentimental value." Amy frowns back at her "I definitely didn't say anything this time." Okay things are getting totally odd now. She swings round to stare at Amy "okay, this is getting a little weird. What's she looking at me like that for. Okay Amy try not to look at her chest don't look." It's Amy's voice definitely but her lips aren't moving. Okay Maria's really starting to freak out now. she must be going crazy hearing voices out of thin air. Maybe that's what happened at the party last night she cracked and now she's hearing and seeing things that aren't there. What the hell is going on?

Wet T-shirt competition (turn on): 2d6+1 8 give me a string/give me what she thinks I want/ gives herself to me.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

She feels attracted to herself? That made no sense. It's Amy's voice she's hearing. Is Amy doing this to her? Why though would Amy do that? What is happening to her? What is happening to them. Amy looks as flushed and disturbed as she is. "Amy? are you feeling ok?" Maria asks with some concern. Amy seems distracted and determined to look anywhere but at her. "I-I'm fine." she gulps. "I just-- Let's get this finished."

They work in silence for a few minutes. Although the swirling confusion of Maria's emotions doesn't seem to let up. Experimentally she turns and looks Amy squarely in the eyes "Amy do you think I'm attractive?" Amy stiffens and briefly gawps at her as she tries to think of something to say But the other voice the one she can barely hear gibbers in panic. "oh god, she knows, she can't know but she knows." "Ok Amy think, dammit, think. If you say yes she'll know for sure if you say no then you blow your chance. you have to---"
Maria's heart races but her brain races faster, is it Amy's thoughts that's she's reading. somehow. But that's impossible psychic powers aren't real are they. A traitorous voice in her head, this one thankfully not sounding like anyone else "no more real than zombies or doppelgänger's"
Amy says something to her. "I'm sorry what was that?" Maria asks "I was distracted for a minute." Amy frowns in concentration "I said why did you want to know." The confusion or whatever it was coming from Amy seems to have died down a bit.

Now it's Maria's turn to lie. "uhh no real reason it's just last night, none of the guys seemed all that into me and I wondered if that was why." She doesn't hear any more words thankfully, still she can feel Amy's outrage at the thought. But there's something else mixed in there.
Amy is attracted to her. poo poo. She doesn't swing that way and up until now she'd never realised Amy did. That explains the drunken behaviour last night at least and the funny looks Jimmy's been giving his sister he must know or at least suspect.

Amy practically glares "Boys! too dumb to recognise a pretty girl when they see one and your costume was amazing." Amy turns to her "Maria I have something---" but she is interrupted "So is the car done yet?" Maria's dad stands on the doorstep. She breathes a quiet sigh of relief. She's never been more grateful to see her dad she turns to him and smiles "Nearly, we won't be long." Oddly enough whatever her psychic power is it doesn't work with her dad for which she's thankful. Still he looks impatient for something and kind of tense she doesn't need any brain mojo to tell that. She needs an excuse to get out of here though. She turns to both her dad and Amy and says "excuse me for a moment." and pushes her way into the house and heads straight for the bathroom.

Sitting in the bathroom she stares blankly into the mirror. She's gonna have to find a way to let Amy down gently but how...

How do I let her down gently? (gaze): 2d6-1 11 Asking how do I turn Amy down without alienating her? and taking the visions are lucid and
detailed; the visions show you what you must do, and you carry 1 forward to doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Maria Ricca.

Maria starts back to life. At least this vision was slightly less bizarre than the last one she had. So Amy was definitely attracted to her. Which is kind of strange. Maria had started to think of Amy as more of a sister than a friend but she sees her own face starting to blush. She'd never thought of any girl like that, and certainly not Amy. I mean yeah she was attractive and Maria occasionally caught herself feeling jealous of how attractive her friend was but that was it. She just wasn't into girls and certainly she didn't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship by just blurting it out to Amy's face.

That just left one other option. She needed to find a guy and fast and make it clear to Amy that she was 100% heterosexual. Shouldn't be too hard. Half the attractive guys in the school were sniffing around her last night. She could have any one of them she wanted if she put her mind to it right?

But before she worried about her relationships she had bigger fish to fry. There was still some crazy doppelgänger out there and those zombie things. Next time she fought a zombie she wanted a proper weapon to defend herself. Getting guns would be difficult, and she couldn't exactly ask her dad to buy them for her and her friends. Still maybe the other guys will know where they can at least score some knives or baseball bats or something and hadn't Mike said something about his grandma knowing all the old tales about Salvation?

She steps back outside to find Amy's finished with the car and thankfully the confusing knot of emotions she'd felt from her seemed to have receded a little for which she's thankful. Her dad's already climbing into the car and heading off to do whatever mysterious errand he happens to have.

Amy shrugs at her and asks "So what now?" Maria thinks for a moment weapons are definitely the way to go. But she needs a little local knowledge. Amy probably won't know anyone who sells that sort of thing but Mike and Jimmy might. They need to get together and meet.. She pulls out her phone and thumbs off a text to mike and Jimmy. "Mt us at lib goin shoppin for sme gud stuff." She turns to Amy and says "Let's get moving then, I'd like to get this done today if we can. We need to score some serious firepower. Fists alone aren't gonna cut it in this fight." Amy looks as if she wants to object but doesn't say anything. Still Maria knows she's always been uncomfortable with violence sadly this time they're all gonna have to learn after all who knows when the zombies would come back.

• Locked thread