Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Fuckin sweet can it run cs

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
that guy got hosed over

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
heh I already have a sweet-rear end Compaq Presario :smug:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

beep beep beep all my files are gone

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

My family buys Dells because of Steven, who my mom loved as a pretend son more than me I think.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

that guy got hosed over

He got caught selling drugs, did Dell make him sell drugs?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

theperminator posted:

I'm pretty sure he was selling white people drugs, which are ok and probably going to be legal if more white people get in government.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
let's hire an obvious stoner stereotype to advertise our products then act shocked when he gets busted trying to buy weed

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

theperminator posted:

Dude! It's the cops!

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

mng posted:

heh I already have a sweet-rear end Compaq Presario :smug:

I had a Compaq Presario as my first computer and it hosed up so much. It was somehow able to play Ultima Online on dial-up though

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

It was somehow able to play Ultima Online on dial-up though

this thread is now about Ultima Online

----below this line only ultima online chat----

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Lake Superior was my jam.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
remember bone dude and plate dude (d00d? I don't know)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Could be worse, you could have bought the world's worst computer from an MDG Computers commercial.

Only a dollar a day... for 4 years.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Otto von Ruthless posted:

remember bone dude and plate dude (d00d? I don't know)

i actually do remember those dudes.
disappointed this thread is not about delis

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I used to make black tables and chairs. Black dye was super rare. I was minted.

EDIT:

Also, my friend had this huge boat and we used to go on a booze cruise.

spud fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 7, 2014

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Huh

wikipedia posted:

Early life and education

Curtis is the second of two children, and has an older sister named Molly. He attended and graduated from the McCallie School, an all-boys school in Chattanooga, Tennessee, after completing elementary school at Saint Nicholas School, also in Chattanooga.

At four years old, Curtis met illusionist David Copperfield. Inspired by Copperfield's performance, Curtis started his own magic business at the age of thirteen. Curtis went on to compete in and win a few national stage contests. Curtis later attended Tannen's Magic School in New York City. While at the school, Ben created, produced, directed, and starred in his first full-scale illusion show. The show consisted of his skills in music, acting, magic, and mime.

At age 18, Ben achieved the rank of Eagle Scout.

Curtis attended New York University's Tisch School of the Arts on an acting scholarship. While at NYU, Ben has attended The Lee Strasberg Institute & the Atlantic Theater Company, as well as studying the techniques of Grotowski and Brecht at Tisch’s Experimental Theater Wing (both in America and Amsterdam).

The Dell Dude

As part of a commercial advertising campaign, Curtis portrayed the character Steven. This advertising campaign popularized the phrase "Dude, you're getting a Dell." The commercials would usually feature chipper Steven informing prospective buyers of all the perks of owning a Dell. When the party was sold on the idea he would close with the catchphrase "Dude, you're getting a Dell". The campaign was a huge success and not only helped bring prominence to Dell, but to Curtis as well.[1]

Arrest

On February 9, 2003, Curtis was caught attempting to buy a bag of marijuana on Manhattan's Lower East Side.[2] Curtis was arrested and charged with criminal possession of marijuana. Due to recognizability of Curtis, word of the arrest spread quickly through the media. A chain email of the story even cropped up as it was forwarded around the internet using the iconic parodied phrase "Dude, you're getting a cell!"

The case was adjourned in contemplation of dismissal, such that the case would be dismissed and Curtis's record cleared if he remained clean for the next twelve months.[2] Dell spokesman Venancio Figueroa maintained that Curtis' relationship with the company was "still in place." Despite this statement, Dell, Inc. terminated Curtis' employment and ended its relationship with him soon afterward, citing unspecified violations of company policy; whether these violations were related to the arrest is unclear. However, it is believed that Curtis was already in the process of being phased-out in favor of a new pitch for Dell.[3] In early 2003, the ad campaign was dropped in favor of a new set of commercials about three Dell interns.

Life after Dell

In the spring of 2004, Boca Raton, Florida-based AdSouth Partners hired Curtis to lead its marketing campaign for the launch of Gameznflix, an Internet video game and movie rental service. Regarding the marijuana incident, Curtis told an interviewer for the South Florida Business Journal, "I learned an important lesson" said Curtis, then 23, and a senior at New York University. "I've been through that experience and I've come out of that a better and smarter person. I've learned what it means to be a role model and I feel blessed to have a second chance."

In 2005 Curtis played the role of Christian in the Off-Broadway comedy Joy by John Fisher. The show ran at the Actors' Playhouse in Manhattan's West Village from August 14 to September 25.[4] The play and his performance both received generally favorable reviews.

In 2006, Curtis starred in the award-winning short film Raccoon opposite Jonathan Togo ("Mystic River" and "CSI: Miami").

Curtis has guest-starred on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and an episode of Law & Order in 2007. He has appeared in several independent productions, most recently Take Me Out at NYU's Abe Burrows Theatre and in Alexander Klymko's 2011 film Spy.[5]

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
The Optiplex 755 isnt that bad. Especially if you throw nix on it. Theyre easy to work on too.

Consumer Dell Laptops are garbage though.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

spud posted:

I used to make black tables and chairs. Black dye was super rare. I was minted.

EDIT:

Also, my friend had this huge boat and we used to go on a booze cruise.

*hic*

also, can everyone not talking about ultima online edit their posts to the approved topic

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stfu psyopmonkey

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sweet Tea posted:

stfu psyopmonkey

For some reason I feel really sorry for her/him/xim/dim whatever. Genuinely I do.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

spud posted:

For some reason I feel really sorry for her/him/xim/dim whatever. Genuinely I do.

plz don't encourage him

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
another victim of prohibition

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

psyopmonkey posted:

The Optiplex 755 isnt that bad. Especially if you throw nix on it. Theyre easy to work on too.

I like your avatar, it's a cat :catstare:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

used to be asus a few years ago for performance laptops, now msi

imo

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
hate speech itt

only allowed towards Dells and dudes with Dells

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ElectricSheep posted:

beep beep beep all my files are gone

that apple ad really affected the sort of girl im attracted to in like an apparently deep way

thanks steve jobs, piece of poo poo, glad he's dead

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

appropriatemetaphor posted:

that apple ad really affected the sort of girl im attracted to in like an apparently deep way

thanks steve jobs, piece of poo poo, glad he's dead

And this is why you are dating a lovely Down's Syndrome girl.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I bought a Dell XPS a couple months ago. Just needed a better graphics card, so I popped in a 750 Ti and now it's stronk.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
We coulda had it Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Rollin in the Deeeeeeee-eeeeeeee-eeeeeeeepp

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRhq8bc-58

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

quote:

On February 9, 2003, Curtis was caught attempting to buy a bag of marijuana on Manhattan's Lower East Side.[2] Curtis was arrested and charged with criminal possession of marijuana. Due to recognizability of Curtis, word of the arrest spread quickly through the media. A chain email of the story even cropped up as it was forwarded around the internet using the iconic parodied phrase "Dude, you're getting a cell!"

How the gently caress do you get caught buying weed in Manhattan? Everyone and their mother is smoking weed in NYC from the mayor's office on down. My dealer delivered direct to my apartment, and sometimes would even pick up food for me on the way if I threw in a tip.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ctx desktop computer motherf*ckers

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
No hp love??

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

theperminator posted:

uh no he was caught trying to buy weed

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

dell dude did nothing wrong

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

dell dude did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yall packard bell 4 lyfe

• Locked thread