Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root beer
Nov 13, 2005

In 1999 I had a Pavilion w/ a 600MHz Pentium III, half a gig of memory, and a 20GB HDD. It was a huge piece of overpriced poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster

Titus Sardonicus posted:

In 1999 I had a Pavilion w/ a 600MHz Pentium III, half a gig of memory, and a 20GB HDD. It was a huge piece of overpriced poo poo.

:hfive: same except mine had a 500mhz celeron p sure that computer was about a thousand bucks and something was always breaking on it.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
He wanted to buy a bag of weed. That's loving sad considering where we are today. I'd bring a loss of wages suit against the state.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxC4kKD9qA

i didnt realize when i was 11 when i saw thsi but that girl is clearly stoned

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Terry Francona posted:

:hfive: same except mine had a 500mhz celeron p sure that computer was about a thousand bucks and something was always breaking on it.

Mine completely poo poo the bed after a year and a half, conveniently just in time to murder my demo reel for graduation for my degree in computer animation. gently caress you HP.

dirtymurphy24
Nov 30, 2014

The doctor is in.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Mine completely poo poo the bed after a year and a half, conveniently just in time to murder my demo reel for graduation for my degree in computer animation. gently caress you HP.

HP laptops are poo poo as well and will overheat easily. I had one for about a year and it nearly caught fire.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Otto von Ruthless posted:

this thread is now about Ultima Online

----below this line only ultima online chat----

is the second age online free server still up?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dirtymurphy24 posted:

HP laptops are poo poo as well and will overheat easily. I had one for about a year and it nearly caught fire.

I had an hp laptop that went through two motherboards and two hdds before the warranty went out. It finally permanently died a few months ago. It was always a piece of poo poo and I kind of want to blow it up with something

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

DO IT :getin:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

I had an hp laptop that went through two motherboards and two hdds before the warranty went out. It finally permanently died a few months ago. It was always a piece of poo poo and I kind of want to blow it up with something

At hostpital lost fingat post mote later.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
remember when he got stoned and nobody was surprised?

heh

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxC4kKD9qA

i didnt realize when i was 11 when i saw thsi but that girl is clearly stoned
Fueling the popularity of the advertisement was the speculation that Feiss was under the influence of illicit drugs during the filming of the commercial, due to her slurred speech and disoriented eyes.[3] Feiss denied these claims in an interview with The Brown Daily Herald and noted that she was only taking Benadryl, an allergy medication with sedative properties. She ascribed the "drugged" behavior to a combination of the effect of the Benadryl, together with exhaustion (she said that her ad was filmed at ten o'clock in the evening).[4] She also explained how she had come to appear in the commercial:

“ I'm friends with the son of the director, Errol Morris. I'm friends with his son Hamilton. I went with him after school, him and two of my friends. We didn't think we were going to make ads; we were just going to get the free set food. So we go there, and they're like, "We need a couple more people, so I guess the three of you can make ads." So we all made ads, and me and Hamilton's got picked. I had no idea I was going to do it until I got there.[4] ”
A second ad, in which Feiss talks about the virtues of her PowerBook G4, was circulated extensively on the Internet.[5]

Feiss's popularity grew to the point where she was offered appearances on both David Letterman's and Jay Leno's late night shows, both of which she turned down.[4]

In September 2005, Feiss made her movie acting debut in the French short film Bed and Breakfast. The directors, Martin Beilby and Loïc Moreau, had seen Feiss's Apple commercial and decided to approach Feiss herself, who accepted the role despite having no formal acting experience.[2][6] Feiss graduated from The Cambridge School of Weston in 2005. As of January 2007, she was in college, and planning to major in either photography and video or women's studies.[7]

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Whirlwind Jones posted:

As of January 2007, she was in college, and planning to major in either photography and video or women's studies.[7]

She's in SJW in heaven now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Fueling the popularity of the advertisement was the speculation that Feiss was under the influence of illicit drugs during the filming of the commercial, due to her slurred speech and disoriented eyes.[3] Feiss denied these claims in an interview with The Brown Daily Herald and noted that she was only taking Benadryl, an allergy medication with sedative properties. She ascribed the "drugged" behavior to a combination of the effect of the Benadryl, together with exhaustion (she said that her ad was filmed at ten o'clock in the evening).[4] She also explained how she had come to appear in the commercial:

“ I'm friends with the son of the director, Errol Morris. I'm friends with his son Hamilton. I went with him after school, him and two of my friends. We didn't think we were going to make ads; we were just going to get the free set food. So we go there, and they're like, "We need a couple more people, so I guess the three of you can make ads." So we all made ads, and me and Hamilton's got picked. I had no idea I was going to do it until I got there.[4] ”
A second ad, in which Feiss talks about the virtues of her PowerBook G4, was circulated extensively on the Internet.[5]

Feiss's popularity grew to the point where she was offered appearances on both David Letterman's and Jay Leno's late night shows, both of which she turned down.[4]

In September 2005, Feiss made her movie acting debut in the French short film Bed and Breakfast. The directors, Martin Beilby and Loïc Moreau, had seen Feiss's Apple commercial and decided to approach Feiss herself, who accepted the role despite having no formal acting experience.[2][6] Feiss graduated from The Cambridge School of Weston in 2005. As of January 2007, she was in college, and planning to major in either photography and video or women's studies.[7]

same

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
More of a deskside than a desktop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEY87HAHzk

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
http://www.businessinsider.com/dell-dude-ben-curtis-today-2014-10

Edit: lol, he was wearing a kilt when he got snagged

Tora! Tora! Tora! fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 8, 2014

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Probably a utilikilt.

Can't believe he only got around $100,000 for all those commercials. What a rip. I know garbage men who made that in a year.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

TEAYCHES posted:

dell dude did nothing wrong

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I had an AT&T.

Also, the Dell dude got busted selling weed right in front of my friend's place in NYC.

Which I found strange, because back in that day, all sorts of poo poo went down in front of
my friend's apartment and the cops never seemed to care.

I think it was a setup. He was on the NYC Police radar via orders from the FBI.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

true pros wear a hoodie when they go buying weed

Dell dude seems pretty chill irl

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dumb gently caress smoked a little pot and lost everything. :sigh:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I'm friends with the son of the director, Errol Morris.

the thin bezeled line

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i hope dell dude is doing well. i can relate with being embarrassingly dorky and smoking pot during college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

i hope dell dude is doing well. i can relate with being embarrassingly dorky and smoking pot during college

On the bright side his ads helped him pay off his school loans so he can now focus on random projects.

• Locked thread