Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yo Jerkjerk I'm gone this weekend you can still crash on my couch in game. I set you as a guest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
K. We'll probably do a nice big raid into MR or JK area this weekend. Thinking Saturday and start early, but if you guys really want to do it Sunday let me know. We will want to use catapults so we will need wemp. Get this by foraging tiles for resources. Save cotton if you get that too.

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
We got raided. A moment of silence for all of those poor dead horses:fireman:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
delamore see pm if you dont get a notification

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
The Second Battle of Chode Caliphate
I wasn't planning to get in a fight today, but today the fight came to us. About 16 heavily armed raiders from the Dateline NBC megatown rolled up to our village and started bashing down the outer walls while we rallied a handful of defenders to the parapets. An intense battle followed as we sniped them from fortified gatehouses, but many of our arrows were too low quality to pierce their extremely heavy armor, plus their chancellor was present with an incredibly overpowered undroppable cape that can be used to quickly and effectively bandage wounds an infinite number of times. At one point their chancellor was healing faster than I could injure him, and I was using high quality war arrows. Just before the outer wall was breached we pulled as many horses and supplies into the inner wall as possible, and I made the mistake of making one last horse grab right as the invaders poured into our village. This must have surprised them because I ran right past half of their force before they turned around pursued. I stumbled into the safety of another gatehouse with a sliver of health despite getting dogpiled by like 6-8 elite warriors. The invaders then started to bash down the inner wall as the rest of our defenders regrouped and reequipped for melee combat. Our allies sent a relief party but were unable to enter the inner wall because of an incorrect permissions setting, and they all died in a chaotic melee along with several goons as we attempted to assist them. After hiding and securing as many of our valuables as possible we made a last stand and were overwhelmed. The raiders drained our token and stole a large amount of useful stuff, but didn't clean us out or cause much infrastructure damage before leaving for another fight elsewhere. Overall it was a pretty fun battle despite the loss, and I know a few things we can do to improve our defenses and fight more effectively.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Will it be practical to funnel future raiders through one or two areas of the outer wall if we use tons of spike barriers in ditches and crap?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Werkwerk posted:

Will it be practical to funnel future raiders through one or two areas of the outer wall if we use tons of spike barriers in ditches and crap?

they have one person that can effectively heal someone to max with no cooldown or limitations iirc

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
Oh dear, time to waste another week or two in this game. I'm in as JohnnyScatman.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.

Biowarfare posted:

they have one person that can effectively heal someone to max with no cooldown or limitations iirc

Did we do enough damage that with 10 or so goons firing arrows in tandem we might be able to nuke him or another guy down? Because I'm thinking if we can wall them off repeatedly as they attack, they get bored or lazy and eventually you start to pick a couple off. If the superman poo poo drops on death they'll rage hard too.

Sky Pilot
Feb 15, 2011
That superman cape poo poo sounds ridiculous. I've come to expect that from wurm devs, though. I started turning the ditches into horrible spiky death, but I had to log off. I hope to see the countryside covered in spikes when I'm back.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Posting to get into the town under the same name.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Werkwerk posted:

Did we do enough damage that with 10 or so goons firing arrows in tandem we might be able to nuke him or another guy down? Because I'm thinking if we can wall them off repeatedly as they attack, they get bored or lazy and eventually you start to pick a couple off. If the superman poo poo drops on death they'll rage hard too.

1) no, outheals all of that
2) doesn't drop on death
3) lol

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
YAY I'm finally off the hostile list for the village. Raid in ~3 hours so 11:30am Pacific time. We'll see what we have for numbers to see if we take the Knarr out. We can fit a ton of catapults to bash the crap out of walls with it as long as we have the bodies for it.

Werkwerk fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 20, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I had reached the end of the world. Then I was quickly spat out by it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I can't play til I get the new desktop put together, Please give more pictures! And stories!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I can't play til I get the new desktop put together, Please give more pictures! And stories!

Cant run it on your current one? I was running it on a toaster level laptop decently.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Minor correction, the guys who raided us yesterday are in the default Mol-Rehan (MR). Their main competition right now is Dateline NBC, which is a player-made kingdom (PMK). We could form a PMK for the next map so we have all the special kingdom titles and the bullshit bandage-cape, but it costs like 100 euros. Also there's a massive political realignment going on right now with random skirmishes breaking out all over the place. Pretty interesting, will write up a big post about it when the dust settles.

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 21, 2014

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So pretty much dropping 100 euros give you some kind of make a god cape bullshit? That's pretty lame

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So pretty much dropping 100 euros give you some kind of make a god cape bullshit? That's pretty lame

lets you form a private kingdom but you still need over x active dudes to keep it going.
someone parked our new boat we stole

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I'm so proud I was there to witness our cliff face mine zone turn into the capital of HOTS. God bless. :911:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:lol: quality game design right here folks

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Ok, if skill gain moves faster than cold treacle I'm in on this again. It's been a few years, but I still fondly recall the sweet pubbie tears that flowed when goons terraformed acres of forest into a wasteland that resembled the surface of Mars.

I've lost the screengrabs from the official forums, but there was at least two people crying real tears at the destruction of the environment. Does anyone still have those?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Inge posted:

Ok, if skill gain moves faster than cold treacle I'm in on this again.

Yeah it's incredibly fast.I got Fishing, the absolute slowest skill, from 20 to 70 in a day. However some skills don't level as fast as you'd expect (like Hot Food Cooking) But overall there's a massive quality of life increase. Unfortunately I think Epic is ruined for me forever.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Avocados posted:

Cant run it on your current one? I was running it on a toaster level laptop decently.

I wish. I tried

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I wish. I tried
What are your specs? One strange trick that I figured out was setting GLSL Shader Support to Disabled in the Compatibility settings tab. I'm running on integrated graphics and Wurm kept burning out due to the charcoal fires. Flicking off that setting fixed my problems. Maybe worth a shot if you haven't tried it already :shobon:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Spergs hate him! :v:

Crazy shifting alliances and village membership happening here. Remember goons, put a good lock on your house. Upshot is though, looks like the spergiest assholes got thrown out. Will be curious to see how long The Chode Caliphate remains the capital of HOTS.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
I'm negotiating a mutual defense pact with 3 different HOTS factions which all hate each others guts. This is going to be interesting.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I'm looking forward to a story/writeup on all this. It seems like everyday I come back to see whats up, things are changing all around politically and village-ly. Ignorance being my fault considering that i'm usually on a sightseeing trip or fishing or picking berries or something whenever I do actually play.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm not going to be playing as much as before. I'm opening my house for newbies who don't want to build a hut but like want to make a bed or something. It might not even be there as I haven't check since the big raid.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

BERGfu posted:

I'm not going to be playing as much as before. I'm opening my house for newbies who don't want to build a hut but like want to make a bed or something. It might not even be there as I haven't check since the big raid.

Your house is still there - there was almost no property damage during the raid and there hasn't been any successful or even large-scale attacks on our village since. It looks the MR guys who raided us were just looking for kills, rare items and resources, and somebody to pick on a little. They're not actually on a scorched-earth policy or anything. And all the recent drama is finally bringing all the HOTS villages to the negotiating table.

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

JerkJerk is always with us now

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Your house is still there - there was almost no property damage during the raid and there hasn't been any successful or even large-scale attacks on our village since. It looks the MR guys who raided us were just looking for kills, rare items and resources, and somebody to pick on a little. They're not actually on a scorched-earth policy or anything. And all the recent drama is finally bringing all the HOTS villages to the negotiating table.

We actually don't need the money to recover do we? THe like it will reset before it expires and we can maybe actually establish a trading town and work with the other HOTS villages for resources. Why were those guys so strong in the first place?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

BERGfu posted:

We actually don't need the money to recover do we? THe like it will reset before it expires and we can maybe actually establish a trading town and work with the other HOTS villages for resources. Why were those guys so strong in the first place?

The resource spawns include adamantine which makes weapons do 10% more damage and armor do 10% more damage reduction. Pretty huge advantage. Was hearing from one of our good newcomers that MR is in part steamrolling us because Black and Blacker Summit have been hoarding all the resource spawns rather than working with other HOTS groups and that MR has had a more kingdom-based approach. A house divided and all that.

If there's another free to play challenge server, we will likely go MR because HOTS has too much infighting.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

We had a guy named Rakiena who was able to respawn at our base because of an alliance glitch. He quickly became a pest after he tried killing horses, stealing boats and other random items. Once he was killed, he'd keep respawning over and over at our base. With no armor, weapons, and increasingly decreasing skills he'd be killed immediately after respawning. He admitted to being bored with not much else to do. This picture catalogues his stubbornness even in the (multiple)afterlives.

buglord fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 23, 2014

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
I only play bad games

http://gfycat.com/SourAdvancedAfricanparadiseflycatcher
http://gfycat.com/WarmheartedCrispBilby
http://gfycat.com/FlusteredThriftyIberianmidwifetoad

Delamore fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 23, 2014

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

Anyone who logs in confused, we've moved to black summit now and will be arranging something there.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Didn't realize moving to black summit made us enemies with the dudes we were fighting alongside against MR a few days ago. Costly personal mistake :(

Registered Loser
Dec 29, 2006

Join the steam group chat and let me know if you want to get into black summit's village.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

God loving drat you fuckers I'm in as Friarcuck. Do we have a mumble?

(Delamore, we used to play together back when I went by PvtRyan with the FPers)

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So I heard of this game ages ago, and how its grind would put many Asian free to play MMO's to shame.

So I guess my question that has been asked for the 100th time, Is it any good now that its up?

• Locked thread