Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I've played Life is Fedual but how similar is building to that game or is it like a completely different setup? It looks like a voxel based kind of terrain thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Xibanya posted:

In LiF you can only build prefab structures. In Wurm you can design your own floorplan. I believe it's all height maps and not voxel.

oh nice. That's refreshing.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wurm, like Eve, is so much more fun when you read about it in stories afterwards :allears:

SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM has a tendency for intense and ridiculous stories even with hyperbole

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What mumble you guys all on, if any? I just finally had the chance to sit down and load this java mess up and I don't even know what the hell to do

edit: thanks jerkjerk

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 15, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What is that thing?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Can we get more trash bins put up in the town so I can clean up the junk and empty corpses in the place. I'd built them myself but I won't be online till after work.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also cool fact our faction can eat human flesh

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

yeah I didn't know turning off religion was a thing. It would work mostly so I don't loving have night terrors when I see the corpse of JerkJerk but I still hear his voice in mumble.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

We could use more priests, but they have a bunch of restrictions and it'll take you 8 days to get access to the good spells. There's no grinding involved in though. We always need archers, and we could use a skilled bowmaker to spam out some high quality willow longbows and shortbows. Another blacksmith would be great too, especially with all the new folks joining up recently.

I've been busy collecting all the wood and resources we have scattered across the kingdom. We should probably pull the tiny iron lumps out of the forge to cool and then combine them in a bsb. Sure the quality will be poo poo but we can at least use it to skill boost then melt down again to do whatever.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yo Jerkjerk I'm gone this weekend you can still crash on my couch in game. I set you as a guest

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm not going to be playing as much as before. I'm opening my house for newbies who don't want to build a hut but like want to make a bed or something. It might not even be there as I haven't check since the big raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Your house is still there - there was almost no property damage during the raid and there hasn't been any successful or even large-scale attacks on our village since. It looks the MR guys who raided us were just looking for kills, rare items and resources, and somebody to pick on a little. They're not actually on a scorched-earth policy or anything. And all the recent drama is finally bringing all the HOTS villages to the negotiating table.

We actually don't need the money to recover do we? THe like it will reset before it expires and we can maybe actually establish a trading town and work with the other HOTS villages for resources. Why were those guys so strong in the first place?

• Locked thread