Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

This game is like one of those Japanese horror movies, once you play Wurm it haunts you forever.

Do not play this game. Do not install this game. There is some strange Swedish curse on it which causes you to become a computer hermit wurm goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I like how they made huge spiders even more terrifying to defenseless peasants

endgame content for nonpremiums used to be ganking a single huge spider and killing it with a mass of 20 dudes with shovels and hatchets and rakes

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Yeah I was little concerned about alienating our peaceful neighbors but there's kind of an understanding in the Horde of the Summoned kingdom that you can get killed for almost any reason, especially for loitering around someone's village while alone. Normally though when we encounter pubbies on PvP it's a pretty clear-cut kill-them-all kind of situation.

Also the terraforming for the village is pretty much done, now we'll start putting up walls and launch raiding parties by boat. Also I see automated archery towers listed in the crafting recipes tab, so we can try spamming those around our village borders

huh, strange, almost sounds like it might be fun now

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If skillgain is significantly higher, isn't it kind of an obvious choice to grind the poo poo out of archery? Back when I played archery was god-tier PVP since you could belt out severes like noone's business.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Please tell me having like 4 dudes riding in a cart firing arrows like some sort of giant war chariot is an effective tactic.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

God loving drat you fuckers I'm in as Friarcuck. Do we have a mumble?

(Delamore, we used to play together back when I went by PvtRyan with the FPers)

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 26, 2014

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

So me and my friend capped out on the archery target, what's the easiest/quickest way of advancing past that? Shooting each other with shafts?

Also I guess the permissions aren't set up at the new place so we can't get added to the deed quite yet.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Delamore posted:

Things looking pretty grim for goons and our side on challenge, all the goons joined black summit for now. If you're not just looking to gently caress around it's a pretty bad idea to join up now, servers half way towards wipe and it's already looking like we lost.

So what you're saying is we need to use asymmetric insurgent tactics :getin:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

70 archery now, allahu ackbar

we must go wreck havoc on the countryside

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good lord get on goons, big battle going on and we need war arrow resupply from the fort.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Avocados posted:

Yay history posts! Player made history appeals to me in some strange way. Can't really explain it.

I think our Alliances changed today, that or the dude we were hunting a few days ago joined a friendly village and left his old one. I don't know anymore. Provided next round is still free to play, I think we'll have a far better chance should we remain relatively active. I don't really mind being the losing kingdom, but I think it's universally agreeable that being steamrolled in all confrontations is pretty undesirable. Despite that, I still had fun this round with Wurm being the strange niche game it's always been, especially with skill rates boosted.

I'm hoping we get far saner allies next round, though. Its pretty shocking to see how quickly alliances change on a daily basis, and its equally frustrating not knowing whats going on with former friends being enemies and blah blah blah blah :psyduck:

e: Also I think our Silent Hill friends/enemies got steamrolled today by MR. They're giving out the scorched earth treatment more.

Yeah we got annihilated by MR yesterday in a day-long battle. I died maybe 4-5 times during the conflict but slayed many enemy horses with my bow :getin: Got up to 80+ archery skill and 55~ longbow skill in one battle.

These pubbies are absolutely insufferable to cooperate with. Half our army was running around naked trying to scavenge any weapons they could get their hands on while a few losers were hoarding all the "loot" to themselves. A few guys were even throwing a shitfit about wondering who had the dragon armor RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of an intense melee when everyone was very busy trying not to die. Give me a break.

In true goon fashion, me and Cuck Yeager routed once everyone got trapped inside the smith building (cause goons are smart creatures) and managed to sneak out a back exit only to find a few fellow goon troopers that had the same idea as us, and we fled back to Black Summit with our lives and equipment :v: I only imagine all the pubbies that hid in the smithy eventually got slaughtered as the last thing we heard when we fled was the sound of mauls smashing the building walls down. Many lives were lost that day, but the goons escaped inshallah

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 27, 2014

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Depends posted:

We were lucky that one of the biggest assholes of the group we joined up with was already burnt out and mostly gone by the time we got there.

I think if we do this again we need a better spot and a plan to follow going in. Everyone was kind of floating around the first couple days. Put the new guys straight to work with assigned jobs like we did back in the old towns.

Also pick a more defensible location, we all saw what happened at Silent Hill when you give the enemy convenient avenues to attack. Can ballistas be deployed on multi-story buildings? They might be good at counterbattery vs catapaults. Put em on every corner of the deed in bigass towers so those plate armor fuckers can't wail away with impunity.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I think I am gonna wait till the reset, that battle at Silent Hill left me pretty disillusioned with the current situation.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Avocados posted:

If the battle went anything like our run-ins with MR and NBC Dateline I don't blame you. It was kind of hard to get motivated to do things after you know the enemy can cut right into your base at leisure.

Even wearing ql70 full plate I would get whacked with severes and within 10 seconds need to run away less I be killed. There can't even be effective melee/tanking/shot calling when everyone can cripple everyone that quick. It seems that large cart battle chariots are the effective tactic to use, they had two being pulled by bison (who are difficult to kill with arrows due to their thicker hides) and whenever someone would be too injured to fight and get away they would hop on and make it away safely. Next round whenever we go to battle we should invest in chariots given how effectively they were utilized in that battle.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I don't like these pubbies we play with, they take things too seriously.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Avocados posted:

I think you joined right after we repelled MR from Black Summit and then unsuccessfully charged at them. Though most folks concluded that, even though we suffered a preventable loss, the whole skirmish was still fun and at least a change of pace from regular grind. But there were a few dudes on Teamspeak from Black/Blacker Summit losing their heads about it the entire way though, and then playing the blame game so someone could pay for the defeat. One dude was on the verge of having a meltdown until he was banned from the lobby.

That's how I see things, like the other day when Silent Hill was screaming in kchat all day for help against the MR raiders and everyone at Black Summit just gave a resigned "meh, we are 8, they are 8, they will easily kill us all, to go there would be to go to our deaths and we can't just give them gear and battle rank so easily!!!" It's like, gently caress dude, is this game even fun for you anymore? Is everything just purely about items and numbers now? I was saying we should go assist them (mainly because I wanted to try out my newly-grinded archery skills in pvp and I had scavenged hundreds of arrows from the battlefield) all day until we all just seemingly randomly assembled at an arbitrary time. Why we didn't go earlier, who knows.

I said it once and I said it before, these people are like the people in Project Reality who form a tank squad but refuse to take the tanks out because they don't want to risk getting them blown up and losing a bunch of tickets. It's refusing to play the game so that you never have the possibility of losing.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

So is the server reset yet and still F2P?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is the server not reset yet?

Don't fail me now Wurm goons I started playing this poo poo game again just for you

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You know what, gently caress those stupid rear end pubbies, I hope it become pay to play so their stupid game crashes and burns and nobody ever plays it.

Server population plummeted like a stone after the powerful players mopped up? The cause of that must be all the f2p accounts!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is it all fighting related skills (archery, fighting subskills, and weapons), or JUST fighting?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Looks like it's just overall fighting skill that starts at 70, all others will start at 21. Fortunately you can get 90 effective weapon and shield skills within 2 hours by AFKing in a suit of armor while a horse kicks you. Also you don't lose weapon and shield skills from dying in PvP, so you won't have to grind it again for the rest of the scenario. If we can set up a horse-kicking dojo quickly it might give us an advantage in early PvP fights.

How can you get weapon skill this way? Wouldn't you kill the horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Avocados posted:

I think he meant to say that we'd get a leg up defense-wise from the horse dojo. Initially you target the horse that way it starts kicking/biting you, then you target a distant, out of reach creature that way you don't retaliate to the horse attacks. You can tab out and do other things while the horse fruitlessly attacks you and your def skill skyrockets.

So you'd parry and get weapon skill? I never considered parrying as a means to raise weapon skill, would you still parry when defending attacks if you weren't targeting the thing attacking you?

• Locked thread