Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait wait wait. "Resets after 30 days." I will play the poo poo out of Wurm again if I don't have to pay, but not if there's going to be no, you know, point. Terraforming and building and creating for what?

My guess is that there are a lot of skeptics holding off to see if this will actually be fun. But if the server didn't reset after 30 days they wouldn't want to join anyway as they'd be disadvantaged. Looks like this is different from what they've done before but closer to some competitors in development (namely, "Life is Feudal," which, were it not in alpha, would be Wurm but actually fun.) With any luck if the initial 30 day trial is a smashing success, they will redo everything but on a longer scale, reinvigorating the game and putting the LiF developers out of business.

I'll be there for the trial period, if only to chop down the trees of weeping pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

BERGfu posted:

I've played Life is Fedual but how similar is building to that game or is it like a completely different setup? It looks like a voxel based kind of terrain thing.

In LiF you can only build prefab structures. In Wurm you can design your own floorplan. I believe it's all height maps and not voxel.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Wurm Client posted:

Downloading graphics.jar 46%

Ye-e-e-es the best part of Wurm.

My character's name is Malasanya.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I came, I saw, I dogpiled a goblin. 10/10 would Wurm again.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Spiders were actually nerfed significantly when they made changes to the fighting system about 6 years ago. Now that everyone starts at 20 fighting you can kill one in single combat once you get a horse and a full set of combat gear. In the first few goon villages though yeah, spiders were instant death the moment you bumped into one. Walking through a forest in this game was like walking through a minefield, except the mines could walk around and chase you forever.

Also the village of Chode Caliphate has been founded. Send a private message to Dirtycheat or Ratskull with /tell <player> <message> to request an invite in-game, or post here.

Please invite me to the village.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 12, 2014

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I greatly enjoyed the will we/won't we debate on ganking the pubbie and resulting HOTS chatter last night.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Biowarfare posted:

Delamore should I play this / am I too late for this month?

Get on we need more goons.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Actually I just discovered that the driver of a large cart can shoot a bow, so this could be a viable tactic. Also you can ride on a tamed crocodile through the water.

I now require a crocodile.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I'm so proud I was there to witness our cliff face mine zone turn into the capital of HOTS. God bless. :911:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Spergs hate him! :v:

Crazy shifting alliances and village membership happening here. Remember goons, put a good lock on your house. Upshot is though, looks like the spergiest assholes got thrown out. Will be curious to see how long The Chode Caliphate remains the capital of HOTS.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

BERGfu posted:

We actually don't need the money to recover do we? THe like it will reset before it expires and we can maybe actually establish a trading town and work with the other HOTS villages for resources. Why were those guys so strong in the first place?

The resource spawns include adamantine which makes weapons do 10% more damage and armor do 10% more damage reduction. Pretty huge advantage. Was hearing from one of our good newcomers that MR is in part steamrolling us because Black and Blacker Summit have been hoarding all the resource spawns rather than working with other HOTS groups and that MR has had a more kingdom-based approach. A house divided and all that.

If there's another free to play challenge server, we will likely go MR because HOTS has too much infighting.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Yeah I hope the devs were paying attention because I'd say it's bad design that the challenge is pretty much already won by one side less than halfway through the challenge time frame. However we have lots of good ideas on how to do better next time assuming the next challenge isn't pay to play.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
It's the loving adamantine I'd wager. I hope in the next challenge the resource drops are semi-random or otherwise impossible to monopolize.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Has anyone noticed a drop in number of people on the server? Now that MR and Dateline NBC are clearly on top I'm curious. Hopefully the devs are paying attention but then, this is Wurm. I know when it started it was like 100 users at once on the server.

If there's not another free to play challenge I'll play around with the new features in Life is Feudal again. At least you can stab via mouse gestures in that!

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Avocados posted:

I guess we got raided by (???) some time ago and they made it to our settlement token.

Would you mind giving a general update of anything that's gone on in the past week? I'm curious how everyone is faring but too bogged down in work to bother trying to catch up in-game.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Biowarfare posted:

They post anything about new yet?

Rolf is on vacation so with any luck he'll provide an update upon his return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Biowarfare posted:

my favourite was the completely batshit bipolar village leader where we somehow adopted two villages worth of pubbies and lost them within 12 hours

Not before he build himself a huge house on our deed.

• Locked thread