Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Wait wait wait. "Resets after 30 days." I will play the poo poo out of Wurm again if I don't have to pay, but not if there's going to be no, you know, point. Terraforming and building and creating for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Do you guys remember when we dug up so much dirt to build a land-bridge to a nearby island that the game decided "hey, that sure is a huge area of bare rock! Must be a volcano" and started spawning lava? Good times.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Individual combat is still largely a text-based staring contest, although they've finally added decent animations and sounds. Group combat tends to be more interesting as you coordinate the movements of several people over Teamspeak and try to break up the enemy formation before pouncing en-masse on an isolated straggler. I've done a modest amount of PvP and some ambush tactics work really well, like Mongol-style false retreats. The Occupy Rolfstreet village on the Epic Cluster had a lot of success with false retreats while raiding the Jenn-Kellon home server spawn. We'd hide about 8 goons on horseback behind some lovely half-finished walls or shacks and send two of our best fighters towards the spawn deed, and they'd stop halfway there before milling around a bit and running away. This would usually get a mob of about 10 pubbies to chase them in an uncoordinated conga line, and then we'd all jump out and slaughter most of them.

Our greatest tactical victory though was on the Horde of the Summoned home server, when we wiped out an enemy force twice as strong through a well-placed coastal ambush. Two of our members were scamming local pubbies by advertising rare commodities at a remote meetup point and slaughtering anyone who showed up. When pubbies started whining at us over the global chat this escalating into a handful of goons raiding their village and digging up their crops and walling off their mine. Eventually the pubbies organized a big lynch mob and chased them halfway to our village, where the rest of us laid in wait in a forest on the far side of a bay. We pounced on them while they were still in the water with almost no stamina and it was a complete rout. We took a large amount of loot from the bodies and the entire server was too scared to mess with us for the next month or two.

Wurm, like Eve, is so much more fun when you read about it in stories afterwards :allears:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Holy gently caress this game has animations now? No more staring creepily at a mine wall slowly wearing it down with your all-powerful gaze.

• Locked thread