Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I ate at one once in 2005, but that was the only meal I've ever had, so 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

burritolingus posted:

Within my life, zero.

You are a disgrace to your username.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
seriously california people getting snooty about mexican food like cali-mex is the only thing that exists is super annoying to me

like last week we went to a yucatecan place and there were people whining that the food wasn't 'authentic' becaues it wasnt like what they go tin LA and im like are you loving making GBS threads me bitch. if its different or you dont like it thats cool but dont give me that poo poo about authentic your parents are from oklahoma

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gggiiimmmppp posted:

ive eaten at chipotle twice

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mange Mite posted:

seriously california people getting snooty about mexican food like cali-mex is the only thing that exists is super annoying to me

like last week we went to a yucatecan place and there were people whining that the food wasn't 'authentic' becaues it wasnt like what they go tin LA and im like are you loving making GBS threads me bitch. if its different or you dont like it thats cool but dont give me that poo poo about authentic your parents are from oklahoma

really the main complaints aren't really authenticity it's that in san diego, lots of ingredients come straight from mexico fresh, and you can tell when that isn't the case.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
never cause i dont like mexican food

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TOILETLORD posted:

really the main complaints aren't really authenticity it's that in san diego, lots of ingredients come straight from mexico fresh, and you can tell when that isn't the case.

do they though? id expect most of the produce to come from california (since thats where most of it is grown in the US anyway though obvs. mexican produce is common too) which would be fresher in california but isnt most of the stuff they get from mexico things like dried peppers and spices which are preserved stuff anyway (so more turnover dependent)? and meat would probably be mostly domestic too from whatever flyover states make meats.

dunno the complaints i mostly hear are about how it's not 'real' mexican food and it annoys me because yeah cali-mex is real mexican food but its also americanized too, there's other types of mexican food that are also real. just say you like cali-mex because its what youre used to not because its more real o rwhatever dumb white people status crap they slap on that

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 8, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mange Mite posted:

do they though? id expect most of the produce to come from california (since thats where most of it is grown in the US anyway though obvs. mexican produce is common too) which would be fresher in california but isnt most of the stuff they get from mexico things like dried peppers and spices which are preserved stuff anyway (so more turnover dependent)? and meat would probably be mostly domestic too from whatever flyover states make meats.

dunno the complaints i mostly hear are about how it's not 'real' mexican food and it annoys me because yeah cali-mex is real mexican food but its also americanized too, there's other types of mexican food that are also real

what is mexico and what is california is pretty grey, Even though a lot of the spices are preserved, they aren't sold or available in a lot of states or markets.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Mange Mite posted:

Burritos in general are trash
lol what the gently caress kind of post is this you retard

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

logical phalluses posted:

lol what the gently caress kind of post is this you retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECuWMRLXYwQ i think this will explain the issue the best.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

None, as I haven't lived close enough to a Chipotle for like 5 years. :smith: On the bright side I'm close to some pretty good real Mexican restaurants, they almost make up for the endless Taco Bells in between.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've never eaten @ Chipotle but I did see one once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Wootman posted:

never cause i dont like mexican food

go back to england, commie