Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

botany posted:

Nope, neither.

They work for me (in Canada). Was it a region-locked message?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Right, it's a content ID match.. looks like thanks to the soundtrack, the video is blocked in (only) Germany. I'll see about uploading that episode to an alternate service.

edit: Veoh version of ep4

Gul Banana fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 9, 2014

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Watching the 3rd video, I find one of the more interesting things about the multiplayer from a narrative perspective is how you are always aiden and the other person is always some random passer-by and vice versa... either that or how amusingly unbalanced the MP invasions could be considering the multi layered nature of the city.

Edit: My favourite thing about the serial killer's bit is his entire existence is blume's fault if I remember right, because of a test some low level employee did with conditioning the population.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 10, 2014

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I was under the impression that how the morality system in this game worked was that you're punished for collecting baddie tokens with more persistent police and a higher chance of NPCs recognizing you and reporting your location to said police. Conversely, you're rewarded for going Paragon by... that not happening.

It's essentially a system that only exists to punish players if they stray too far from the path while roleplaying Aiden Pierce, the awesome cool guy who only does terrible violent things when totally justified.

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Episode 5 (Polsy): Memories of an idiot monster -- Jordi persuades us to kill 50 people -- The Rube Goldberg machine for silencing witnesses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbaJcvZF-Wo&hd=1

Time to really get into it with a series of distractions. Although we're gonna do murder after murder while being conspicuously filmed, here, what REALLY matters is that one guy from the baseball stadium. Actually, what matters is that guy's assassin's boss's niece.

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Episode 6 (Polsy): Grim reality of the prison-industrial complex -- It is better to kill any number of police officers than let one guilty man die -- Public transport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzlN4zAE3g&hd=1

Actually actually, what matters is being an rear end in a top hat to this one guy.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I don't really want to get too political here but this game really turns my stomach in light of the whole CIA torture report thing. I mean this game is glorifying that same mindset; you (or anyone related to you in any way) did something bad to me so now I get free license to do anything I want back to you, even worse things, because there's a possibility you might maybe someday kinda do something sort of like it again. Maybe. And remember I'm the hero, because you're the bad guy who did it to me first. And we're supposed to glorify and empathize with this main character. Add together the whole 'it's cool to invade privacy and profile people' thing and this game is basically just indoctrination for swallowing the BS the US government is getting away with.

Again I don't want to start a political rant or argument here. I really like your LP, I'm very much enjoying hating this game with you.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Hey, man, you did a political rant first, so how about giving me, or anyone else, a licence to have one, too? Cause I have a suspicion it's not going to be your last.

:cheeky:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Getsuya posted:

And we're supposed to glorify and empathize with this main character.

I honestly doubt that anyone set out to make a game about such a smug, loathsome, poo poo-cake. There was probably an actual story in there somewhere, at the beginning. But by the time it had been through a hundred rounds of idiot committees, rear end-covering 'stakeholders', creatively bankrupt coked-up executives, and self-absorbed marketing drones, this loving fetal mess became the product they crapped out over us.

"Put in cover shooting, those young people love cover shooting.", "Hey, how about we make him have a fight with his sister here for extra emotion, man.", "We need more ways to blow people up! You can hack grenades, right?", "You gotta walk 'em through it, because otherwise they might miss it.", "Hey, how about everyone in the city has some horrible secret, that's cool.", and on, and on, and on, and on -- and all of that is just in the first day. So that after a couple of years, the devs and writers just seriously want to hang themselves, and all these puffed-up idiots keep slapping each other on the back and braying, and so you just hide behind your console and refuse to think about any bits of bigger picture, and do whatever retarded poo poo they tell you.

Ahem.

What I'm saying is, gently caress this game.

EDIT:

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 11, 2014

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

supermikhail posted:

Hey, man, you did a political rant first, so how about giving me, or anyone else, a licence to have one, too? Cause I have a suspicion it's not going to be your last.

:cheeky:

The last bit of my post was more a signal that I, personally, was done talking about the political stuff. I was not attempting to squelch anyone else's right to rant or talk politics and I apologize if it was taken that way.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The Profiller is a pretty disturbing element in general, but it absolutely turns my stomach how it's used to dehumanize your enemies in the combat sections. It's fine to kill all these construction workers and policemen because the player knows they're really ex-mercenaries, criminals and perverts. They are bad people and deserve to die.

At this point the Morality bar stops making any sort of sense. It's supposed to represent the public's opinion of 'The Vigilante' So when Aiden murders a corrupt cop or war-criminal construction worker the public magically know that he was justified in doing so. I can imagine the headlines: "Vigilante kills two dozen cops, they all deserved it"

It's frustrating how close these systems got to actually being interesting. The profiler could have been used to drive home the fact you're actually killing people with lives and families. The morality bar could have been used to underscore how flimsy Aiden's justifications for the mayhem he causes actually are: That prison mission should have ended with a massive negative hit and news reports about the vigilante being a cop killer. The problem with the game isn't that Aiden's a selfish, unlikable fuckup that can't stop digging a deeper hole, but that everything in the game is designed to excuse his actions instead of vilifying them.

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Hey, rant all you like. You won't be able to stop Aiden Pearce - a name on par with 'Dick Hatemother' for sheer freudian masculinity - from reaching new heights of low.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Getsuya posted:

I don't really want to get too political here but this game really turns my stomach in light of the whole CIA torture report thing. I mean this game is glorifying that same mindset; you (or anyone related to you in any way) did something bad to me so now I get free license to do anything I want back to you, even worse things, because there's a possibility you might maybe someday kinda do something sort of like it again. Maybe. And remember I'm the hero, because you're the bad guy who did it to me first. And we're supposed to glorify and empathize with this main character. Add together the whole 'it's cool to invade privacy and profile people' thing and this game is basically just indoctrination for swallowing the BS the US government is getting away with.

"Its ok, because I'm doing these things to help people! I'm the good guy, 'cause my name is Jack Bau-errr. Aiden Pearce."

Mr Phillby posted:

It's frustrating how close these systems got to actually being interesting. The profiler could have been used to drive home the fact you're actually killing people with lives and families. The morality bar could have been used to underscore how flimsy Aiden's justifications for the mayhem he causes actually are: That prison mission should have ended with a massive negative hit and news reports about the vigilante being a cop killer. The problem with the game isn't that Aiden's a selfish, unlikable fuckup that can't stop digging a deeper hole, but that everything in the game is designed to excuse his actions instead of vilifying them.

Imagine if the Profiler only showed you positive things about the people. "Father of three children" "Donates half his income to a homeless shelter" "Volunteers at an Old Folks Home". It would at least make... well. Maybe make you stop a second before blowing up a grenade in their pocket with your space magic.

Edit: Just watched the latest video. The first thing that came to mind was, "If he was black they would have shot him as soon as he came in, holding that gun."

Brainbread fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 11, 2014

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Watching the last video I am sure the serial killer has the Fibonacci obsession which is at least some attempt to have a mission related to the Mind control tech (because one of the audio logs from the safe house locations is about a Blume employee Testing out bellwether with Fibonacci)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Brainbread posted:

Imagine if the Profiler only showed you positive things about the people. "Father of three children" "Donates half his income to a homeless shelter" "Volunteers at an Old Folks Home". It would at least make... well. Maybe make you stop a second before blowing up a grenade in their pocket with your space magic.

Doesn't happen that often, but this does come up. One of the Viceroys who ate an anti-materiel round from me was a "Youth Anti-gang Speaker". Must've been a sad story there that I forcibly put an end to :(

Most of the time it just shows general tactical information (Calls reinforcements, explosives expert, etc...), which is helpful, but dehumanizing.

Stormgale posted:

Watching the last video I am sure the serial killer has the Fibonacci obsession which is at least some attempt to have a mission related to the Mind control tech (because one of the audio logs from the safe house locations is about a Blume employee Testing out bellwether with Fibonacci)

CONGRATULATIONS FORUM USER STORMGALE! You have discovered one of the genuinely cool plot ideas in Watch_Dogs as well as the only cool side-plot idea!
Yes, the killer is obsessed with the Fibonacci sequence because of Bellwether. It's fantastic because it puts Blume's shenanigans into perspective. You are unlikely to figure this out during the course of normal play because of distractions from other open world side-quests, but that's fine. This is subtle as hell and I cannot believe it's in a Ubisoft game (other sidequests bash you in the face with its plots). Unfortunately, it only functions as sequel bait and will never result in anything.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I probably would have liked this game more if he was just the hacker guy and also not apparently Bullseye as well

Actually it makes me feels like someone saw Person of Interest and went "WHY NOT MAKE THE GUY BE BOTH AND ALSO A DICK INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY HELPING PEOPLE"

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Ghostwoods posted:

I honestly doubt that anyone set out to make a game about such a smug, loathsome, poo poo-cake. There was probably an actual story in there somewhere, at the beginning. But by the time it had been through a hundred rounds of idiot committees, rear end-covering 'stakeholders', creatively bankrupt coked-up executives, and self-absorbed marketing drones, this loving fetal mess became the product they crapped out over us.

"Put in cover shooting, those young people love cover shooting.", "Hey, how about we make him have a fight with his sister here for extra emotion, man.", "We need more ways to blow people up! You can hack grenades, right?", "You gotta walk 'em through it, because otherwise they might miss it.", "Hey, how about everyone in the city has some horrible secret, that's cool.", and on, and on, and on, and on -- and all of that is just in the first day. So that after a couple of years, the devs and writers just seriously want to hang themselves, and all these puffed-up idiots keep slapping each other on the back and braying, and so you just hide behind your console and refuse to think about any bits of bigger picture, and do whatever retarded poo poo they tell you.

Ahem.

What I'm saying is, gently caress this game.

EDIT:

Someone at Ubisoft saw the Dark Knight in 2008 and thought 'hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as a vigilante who fights crime after losing a loved one... using high tech gadgets to identify and fight criminals... it would be pretty morally ambiguous and raise questions about the ethics of surveillance technology... and it'll take place in Chicago just like the Dark Knight!' Luckily for this person, management wanted a next-gen open world game.

Then the line producers on Ubisoft's Editorial Board got their hands on the game, took elements from other popular games, added their favorite movies to the story (Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, anyone?), and decided to ran it through the patented Ubisoft ten studio assembly line since everyone loves feature creep and jigsaw game development. I'm not sure if that qualifies as design by committee.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

CONGRATULATIONS FORUM USER STORMGALE! You have discovered one of the genuinely cool plot ideas in Watch_Dogs as well as the only cool side-plot idea!
Yes, the killer is obsessed with the Fibonacci sequence because of Bellwether. It's fantastic because it puts Blume's shenanigans into perspective. You are unlikely to figure this out during the course of normal play because of distractions from other open world side-quests, but that's fine. This is subtle as hell and I cannot believe it's in a Ubisoft game (other sidequests bash you in the face with its plots). Unfortunately, it only functions as sequel bait and will never result in anything.

What do I win? (is it having to play through watch dogs again, or AC Unity?)

I only half remembered it, I had to check wiki's to confirm what was going on... one thing I will say playing through was those Serial killer sites unnerved me something fierce, I remember a change in ambience when you were in them that just gave me the heebies.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sunning posted:

Someone at Ubisoft saw the Dark Knight in 2008 and thought 'hey, wouldn't it be cool to play as a vigilante who fights crime after losing a loved one... using high tech gadgets to identify and fight criminals... it would be pretty morally ambiguous and raise questions about the ethics of surveillance technology... and it'll take place in Chicago just like the Dark Knight!' Luckily for this person, management wanted a next-gen open world game.

Person of Interest literally got its inspiration from that cell phone radar scene so it comes full circle! :v:

Stormgale posted:

What do I win? (is it having to play through watch dogs again, or AC Unity?)

I only half remembered it, I had to check wiki's to confirm what was going on... one thing I will say playing through was those Serial killer sites unnerved me something fierce, I remember a change in ambience when you were in them that just gave me the heebies.

Yeah, there's a change in music and some of the bodies are hidden around corners so you don't immediately find them. As a side mission, it was really effective.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Watching the first video, not sure if this is addressed already by video five but the sound balance between your voice and the game is off; often I cannot hear or understand what you are saying because you are speaking too softly and the game starts overpowering you or making it a jumbled mess. Other than that, so far it's pretty great!

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?
Christ.
I wanted to like WD so, so much. Dark cyberpunk hacker Rorschach running around Chicago? Yes. Grizzled Garrett-from-Thief narration? Yes. Fulfilling my adolescent vigilante fantasies and breaking the kneecaps of every mugger in the city with stupid efficiency? Sign me up.

Why is the story so bad? It's... just not fair. :sigh: Thanks for doing it justice, though. WD neatly sums up how to suck the life out of a dream game concept and it should be witnessed. Aiden is not a good character, and not how you create a compellingly broken vigilante. He is a petty selfish jerk. Perhaps if the game was better it would have focused on Aiden's flaws instead of glorifying him.

DumbRodent fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 12, 2014

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

SSNeoman posted:

Person of Interest literally got its inspiration from that cell phone radar scene so it comes full circle! :v:

Apparently, the game has been very inspirational to Bollywood.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Weird that you mention Dark Souls because I recall exactly complaining about the sensation I got going from Dark Souls to Watch_Underscore_Dogs in the main Games thread.

How hateful is Aiden Pearce? So hateful that THIS GUY hates him, and he absolutely despises doing "I hate this game" type criticisms. Seriously, as a reviewer he's as mean as a teddy bear and even he couldn't stay silent about this.

http://youtu.be/nw9cwOcdqs4

EDIT: Literally every character in this game besides Aiden is more fun than he is. We are never getting the Ezio Auditore magic back.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 12, 2014

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

I've never been inspired to publicly rant about a game before, either. There's something special about this one.

I did totally miss the fibonacci thing, though.. I listened to the audio diaries where they were using those numbers as a Bellwether test, but I didn't notice that being a Thing with the killer.

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Episode 7 (Polsy): Dubstep -- Privacy invasion -- Home invasion -- When it is or is not appropriate to ride a motorcycle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGbKhHP9fT4&hd=1

wwweelllppp it's time for things to get TOTALLY hosed up for people around aiden. From here on it doesn't stop.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Speedball posted:

Weird that you mention Dark Souls because I recall exactly complaining about the sensation I got going from Dark Souls to Watch_Underscore_Dogs in the main Games thread.

How hateful is Aiden Pearce? So hateful that THIS GUY hates him, and he absolutely despises doing "I hate this game" type criticisms. Seriously, as a reviewer he's as mean as a teddy bear and even he couldn't stay silent about this.

http://youtu.be/nw9cwOcdqs4

Other than, "Blume is evil so ctOS is supposed to be bad, I pretty much agree with his criticism. The game does no exploration or explanation on ctOS and what it's about or how it helps people. Oh, don't get me wrong, people do say that apparently ctOS is super handy, letting you purchase L train tickets with a swipe on your smartphone, but you never see this. Nor do you see how this system affects the police and whatnot.

Speedball posted:

EDIT: Literally every character in this game besides Aiden is more fun than he is. We are never getting the Ezio Auditore magic back.

Wait for the Bad Blood DLC.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I've never played Watch_Dogs, I've been following this from the first video update. Part of me was intrigued by how it played but mostly it was your interpretation of it. Aiden so far has been an unreletable, irremediable fuckwit. It's taken a long time to find someone from Chicago more annoying than Billy Corgan.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I really do wonder why we didn't get Jordi as the protagonist, because if you're going to be an amoral rear end in a top hat loving around in a big city where you can do whatever you want, you may as well be playing as a guy who is having as much fun as you are supposed to be.

A point in this game's favor: I actually really like that there's a wide variety of different minigames. I really loved the chess puzzles, actually, and the one collectible that requires you to think outside the box and position yourself just right to snap an AR Code from a camera was a clever use of the game's camera-hopping mechanic.

Whoever designed "Alone" and "Spider Tank:" give those guys a raise.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Gul Banana posted:

I've never been inspired to publicly rant about a game before, either. There's something special about this one.

I did totally miss the fibonacci thing, though.. I listened to the audio diaries where they were using those numbers as a Bellwether test, but I didn't notice that being a Thing with the killer.

I think it's something he does at one of the last ones, he does something that outlines the sequence and then oh poo poo this girl's innocuous mass mind control (that is a sentence the game wants you to take seriously) caused a serial killer, HOW WACKY IS THIS. Also if I can pick on something and you can't your LP cred is at stake here bub :colbert:

Elmepo
Jun 10, 2014

Speedball posted:

I really do wonder why we didn't get Jordi as the protagonist, because if you're going to be an amoral rear end in a top hat loving around in a big city where you can do whatever you want, you may as well be playing as a guy who is having as much fun as you are supposed to be.

A point in this game's favor: I actually really like that there's a wide variety of different minigames. I really loved the chess puzzles, actually, and the one collectible that requires you to think outside the box and position yourself just right to snap an AR Code from a camera was a clever use of the game's camera-hopping mechanic.

Whoever designed "Alone" and "Spider Tank:" give those guys a raise.

Probably partially because they didn't want comparisons to GTA/Saint's Row but more likely because it wouldn't fit with the concept. You're not supposed to be some amoral asshat screwing with everyone, even though that's what you totally are. You're supposed to see Aiden as "The Vigilante" an underground figure fighting for revenge over the death of his niece, and taking on the big bad ctOS.

There's a reason why the minigames are all within an Augmented Reality. You're not supposed to kill civilians, and it's one of the reasons why the games morality system is so moronic (Besides the obvious ludonarrative dissonance between the karma system and the story of "My niece was killed, ergo everything I do in response is right"). You're never incentivised to kill or harm civilians, the only time is really when you commit a crime and they call 911, but even then you've got blackouts and ctOS jams, and simply pointing the gun at them is enough to get them to drop the call a lot of the time.

Seriously. The side missions are all either rescuing someone, or doing fixer missions. Where the logical option would be to make fixer missions give you negative karma, since fixers are amoral and many of the missions aren't exactly bystander friendly. Hell, if you don't want to do that, you could tweak around with the hacking system to make hacking a bank account a negative karma action, and fixer contracts a strictly neutral karma thing. Both would give you money, but given that the hacking is done by the literal press (Well five second hold) of a button, it would keep with the traditional "Good is hard, evil is easy".

Jordi doesn't have a moral compass. The dude just wants to get paid. WD would have been completely different thematically, because a core part of the game is the ethics of ctOS (However terribly it's handled). Whereas Aiden can have opinions on it and it's use. Chances are Jordi would just see it as a massive boon to his job, or just use it to gently caress with people. Hell, knowing Jordi he'd probably combine the two.

And I agree. Although I think most of the Digital Trips were pretty great.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Counterpoint: If we're going to end up with a lovely rear end in a top hat protagonist, one who is A: Honest and B: Fun would be preferable.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I also take umbrage at Aiden apparently being code-named the Fox.

He's no Zorro!

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
What kind of person thinks Aiden Pierce is a good character?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

illrepute posted:

What kind of person thinks Aiden Pierce is a good character?

No human being wrote him. He is the creation of a corporate entity, and corporate entities do not think in human terms.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Catching up on your videos. In episode 4 Clara says "Everything runs off of computer chips these days." True as it is, it reminds me of the Y2K Bug episode of the Simpsons where a carton of milk malfunctions and goes berserk because of the Y2K bug.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: gently caress, you mentioned this already. Nevermind.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think the function of the karma meter is how often people are likely to call the cops on you. Note that the karma meter usually only goes up when you do public acts that appear to serve the public good, like preventing a mugging-in-progress (as opposed to a genuinely heroic but less glorious nipping-it-in-the-bud, or the fact that you steal money electronically out of people's pockets constantly and are not judged for it). It's measuring your level of manipulation of public trust.

EDIT:

Another indie review by my most favorite indie reviewer ever (though he ties closely with Errant Signal) Super Bunnyhop:

http://youtu.be/RILVX9W3vRY

I love how he keeps calling Aiden Pearce a "slightly chubby white guy" and laugh when he says that "contradiction is the whole theme of this game" and "this game is very bold, because it's limited by normalcy."

He also says that the game might have been much better if it wasn't open-world at all.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 14, 2014

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
You know, the question must be asked - why was a ten year old kid riding the L-train all alone?

(Also, I noticed all these videos seem to've been uploaded in July and August - were you just running down the three month rule with posting them now?)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Speedball posted:

Another indie review by my most favorite indie reviewer ever (though he ties closely with Errant Signal) Super Bunnyhop:

http://youtu.be/RILVX9W3vRY

I love how he keeps calling Aiden Pearce a "slightly chubby white guy" and laugh when he says that "contradiction is the whole theme of this game" and "this game is very bold, because it's limited by normalcy."

Wow this dude was seriously forgiving. This might be the most positive review of WD I've ever seen. I'm not as nice, mostly...

ah gently caress it we have unmarked spoilers all over this bitch already I'm not gonna bother with tags

...because Aiden encounters SO MUCH MORE poo poo that is far, far, far more pressing than his revenge scheme. He does nothing about it, instead focusing on DA MERLAT :byodood:. Even worse, the game goes out of its way to highlight how pointless his revenge quest is.
Why? Are you using that cool stuff for sequel bait, Ubi? I mean gently caress sucks, the DLC even spells out that Aiden's actions in the plot made very little difference in the long run. Belweather comes up maybe twice after this point. Damien's bullshit gets wrapped up rather bluntly (and at that point he is rightfully calling Aiden out for his stupidity). Jordi...actually Jordi continues to not give a gently caress and remains a cool dude.

I will admit that killing the helpless man felt really good and cathartic. That video was right on the money about that. Seriously, after the bullshit I had to put up with, ending him by holding down the Q button was the highlight of the mission (gently caress that mission). I later found out that the hacking I did to accomplish that was actually plausible in real life, which made it somehow better.
Of course then there was the next mission which was just. AWFUL.

Speedball posted:

He also says that the game might have been much better if it wasn't open-world at all.

It might have been better if they cribbed the "open world" aspects from Deus Ex: HR. That would have been a natural fit for Watch_Dogs.

Speedball posted:

Catching up on your videos. In episode 4 Clara says "Everything runs off of computer chips these days." True as it is, it reminds me of the Y2K Bug episode of the Simpsons where a carton of milk malfunctions and goes berserk because of the Y2K bug.

I will never take Y2K seriously because Fading Hearts used it as a serious part of its backstory. It is even stupider than it sounds. :shepface:
There's a reason Fading Hearts is my Bad Rats when it comes to Steam friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gul Banana
Nov 28, 2003

Flesnolk posted:

(Also, I noticed all these videos seem to've been uploaded in July and August - were you just running down the three month rule with posting them now?)

:ssh: Like I said, I got so mad at the game's ending that I had to start replaying it immediately..
I've been thinking about what would make for some good newer videos, actually - as people have mentioned, the AR games were fun, and there's Bad Blood. Bad Blood I won't spoil, for reasons that will later become apparent.

• Locked thread