Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

The-Mole posted:

There's a certain elegance to old school psychotherapy that basically boiled down to, 'Harden the gently caress up, you think life is easy?'

Old school psychotherapy was developed from Freud's really creepy theories about everything revolving around sexual fixations originating in childhood and talking about it endlessly, not "hardening up." In fact most therapy today is far more practical than old school psychoanalysis/ psychotherapy.

But, I'm not sure what you were reading in this thread. If a woman writes to me to say she was molested by her step-father, ran off with a married man when she was 16 who beat her for years her until she SHOT him, but she is still dependent upon him because she has five kids - my advice would not be begin and end with "get a job you lazy bitch, obviously you love being humiliated."

That's not "harden the gently caress up," that's just blatantly ignoring like 5 insanely major issues that come way above laziness/lack of motivation to get a job in the psychological hierarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
Hooray for sterilization of morons!

I am also saddened by the lack of ads for douching and radium products

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Arian_Samurai posted:

Is that "Dr Laura" dingbat still on the air?

My old boss used to listen to her every day for three hours. I can confirm she's still on the air.

• Locked thread