Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

Haven't had them in years where do you get them besides high school lunch rooms?

A lot of bars have them instead of, or in addition to, french fries. They're p good as long as they aren't a soggy lovely mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

whats it like being poor and only affording a bag of frozen veggies and a bag of frozen tots?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Tater Tots was the 90s reboot of Potato Kids

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mrwuss posted:

too bad your entire continent smells like nyc (piss and poo poo, mostly piss)

Bit harsh to be honest. Are you a potato tot affecionado?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

spud posted:

I think Tater Tots are illegal in Europe.

What are you, some sort of loving expert?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What are you, some sort of loving expert?

No sir. Just experienced. Lived in Europe 95% of my life and never seen a tater tot except in napoleon dynamite.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Baby boomers loving love tater tots. Put that poo poo on a menu where the majority of clientele is over 40 and they will eat it up.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

spud posted:

No sir. Just experienced. Lived in Europe 95% of my life and never seen a tater tot except in napoleon dynamite.

And you call yourself spud...

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

gah, who vomited on those tater tots?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
We also have these tater patties. If you go to a white trash breakfast restaurant like IHOP or Denny's then you know what I'm talking about.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Those are hash browns.

McDonalds has them.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

mrwuss posted:

Always far too much potato insides to crunchy outsides

Your gross !!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

burritolingus posted:

Those are hash browns.

McDonalds has them.

I honestly don't get how anyone can get away with calling those hash browns. They're just shaped tater tots, you can't pick up an entire plate of hashbrowns by one end and have it hold together like that unless you burned the gently caress out of it when cooking. And that's not even getting into the existence of "country style" hashbrowns for which they have even less in common.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
There is no wrong way to eat a potato. Waffle fries are the best way though, especially if you melt just a little cheese on them, maybe add some jalapenos.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Haha if I could high five a loving thread title

TATER TOTS ARE NOT GOOD. They are ok.

Sometimes fries can be shittier than tater tots. But tater tots can always be worse.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

ArbitraryC posted:

I honestly don't get how anyone can get away with calling those hash browns. They're just shaped tater tots, you can't pick up an entire plate of hashbrowns by one end and have it hold together like that unless you burned the gently caress out of it when cooking. And that's not even getting into the existence of "country style" hashbrowns for which they have even less in common.

Burger King calls these hash browns.

Also McDonalds hash browns aren't that particularly sturdy if I remember right.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Peztopiary posted:

There is no wrong way to eat a potato.

Anally?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

there ok

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Gater Goths Are Groth!!

Gater Goths Are Groth!!

Gater Goths Are Groth!!

OP is a pee fiend.

Loves to drink pee.

Unsure how else to say it, really.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
like all potatoe they are good if not freezer burned, and deep fat fried in pork fat.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Hash browns are gross. You are just eating french fries for breakfast. Don't lie to yourself.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

RAGE HOLE posted:

Hash browns are gross. You are just eating french fries for breakfast. Don't lie to yourself.

they are worse than fries

so much worse

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
we dont have tater tots in n euro well by

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

my father's idea of cooking dinner is ground beef, tater tots, shredded cheese, and cream of mushroom soup all dumped in a casserole dish and baked for 40 minutes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i'm getting fat in preps for winter it's a #lifehack

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Tuxedo Gin posted:

my father's idea of cooking dinner is ground beef, tater tots, shredded cheese, and cream of mushroom soup all dumped in a casserole dish and baked for 40 minutes

Cream of mushroom is basically food primer. Same color even. Just toss some in a pan and you can make anything

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

Tuxedo Gin posted:

that's basically tater tot hotdish a staple of minnesotan cooking

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
tina!!! you fat llama lard. come get some tots and vote for pedro.... hhhaha so epic

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Cheese curds>fries>tots

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And you call yourself spud...

I can't believe he missed that softball set up. Smh

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

hot dish

HOT DISH

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kill everyone from Minnesota to prevent that from spreading.

THank you.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
yo gently caress you op

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Chiming in to say just buy some loving hash browns you idiot

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Kill everyone from Minnesota to prevent that from spreading.

THank you.

Where I'm from we'd call that a Cleveland Steamer. Also, I think one of these is Michele Bachmann's recipe (at this point maybe it should be called a protocol?).

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Hashbrowns and Tater tots are one in the same - if they're soggy they're loving poo poo, if they're crispy and golden brown they're alright.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Robbie Fowler posted:

Hashbrowns and Tater tots are one in the same - if they're soggy they're loving poo poo, if they're crispy and golden brown they're alright.

You what's crispy and a beautiful golden brown right now?

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

You what's crispy and a beautiful golden brown right now?

my luv 4 u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Hash browns are better than tater tots.

• Locked thread