Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wear a loving helmet. Wear a loving helmet.Wear a loving helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Wear a loving helmet. Wear a loving helmet.Wear a loving helmet.

don't ride a bike, and surround yourself with a steel cage.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i support people not wearing bike helmets if they dont watn to cause theyll either die or get brain damage

lol bret the hitman hart for shame

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
my favorite is when the bike helmet does nothing because they get hit any where else or their neck shatters. Don't ride bikes on the street.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
it is never ok to blame the victim. sorry. but you're wrong. (and a real piece of poo poo if you actually believe what you posted)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

it is never ok to blame the victim. sorry. but you're wrong. (and a real piece of poo poo if you actually believe what you posted)

it actually is, because half the time a victim willfully made a choice that has excessive risk for no reason.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

TOILETLORD posted:

it actually is, because half the time a victim willfully made a choice that has excessive risk for no reason.
no, just no.

i pity you for such smug cynicism and middlebrow bootstraps morality.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
posting in a thread that will be full of retards and gassed on page 3

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

no, just no.

i pity you for such smug cynicism and middlebrow bootstraps morality.

yes your right everyone should be treated like infants, who can't make a simple risks assessment especially when it literally involves risking personal well being.

you just forced this into the argument on the wedge issue of whether or not people are responsible for their choices or if they are always blameless victims. from this point on, no discussion can occur.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No, but it's ok to blame them for riding a bike

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

cars give you less room if you wear a helmet, cycle clothes or look fit
reduce your chance of injury by wearing no helmet and going at 7mph in the middle of the lane wearing a big overcoat while being overweight and old.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

helmets are for pussies

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

why not just duct tape a couple pillows to your head like normal people you loving retards

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Helmets make trucks think you are made of steel instead of meat.

You'll get hosed up coming off a bike not wearing one, but probably not run down to death. Hard choices for the cyclist.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com
i just ride my bike on the sidwalk, wherein i'm the shark, not the minnow. the dominant species, as it were.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SeiFJ_biSc

helmet didnt save this kid :smug:

open container
Sep 16, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

don't ride a bike, and surround yourself with a steel cage.

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you didn't get all those savings bonds at 10-11 years old

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you didn't get all those savings bonds at 10-11 years old

ok what's up, why are you going out of your way to level personal attacks at me.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Wearing a helmet is dumb because cars will come within a millimeter of sideswiping you because they think you're invincible, but if you don't wear a helmet they will drive around you more safely. Also you aren't statistically more likely to suffer a head injury from riding a bike than you are by just walking around.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

Wearing a helmet is dumb because cars will come within a millimeter of sideswiping you because they think you're invincible, but if you don't wear a helmet they will drive around you more safely. Also you aren't statistically more likely to suffer a head injury from riding a bike than you are by just walking around.

because you aren't surrounded by a steel cage.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

www.skullmund.com

TOILETLORD posted:

ok what's up, why are you going out of your way to level personal attacks at me.

probs b/c you're such a fuckin dingus, idk...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i have seen more people eat poo poo and get in accidents from riding their bike on the sidewalk than on the road. plus cars cant see you when you are crossing roads that connect to the main strip or road.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Bikes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

hey mods i can't report but right here is it not straight up thread making GBS threads.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

can confirm

also because I was a bike commuter by necessity at one time and drivers would rather murder you than lose 5 seconds of their dumb lives

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

nice victimblaming op

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But helmets mess up my hair.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
This is why I simulate me falling off a bike every sunday and learn to protect my head w/o a helmet.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

can confirm

also because I was a bike commuter by necessity at one time and drivers would rather murder you than lose 5 seconds of their dumb lives

so, you are saying that your safety and well being is the responsibility of everyone one else? Pretty selfish.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

so, you are saying that your safety and well being is the responsibility of everyone one else? Pretty selfish.

Bikes have a right to the road, and drivers have the responsibility to respect that right, yes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

Bikes have a right to the road, and drivers have the responsibility to respect that right, yes.

that answers nothing are you responsible for your personal well being or are the people around you responsible for your personal well being. All you are doing is changing the topic this is just a yes or no question.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Do any bikers except mormons wear helmets even?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

that answers nothing are you responsible for your personal well being or are the people around you responsible for your personal well being. All you are doing is changing the topic this is just a yes or no question.

No. I'm not responsible for anyone else's well-being. If I were, I couldn't do this *punts newborn infant off 10th story balcony*

open container
Sep 16, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

lol i literally said yes to the original question

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

No. I'm not responsible for anyone else's well-being. If I were, I couldn't do this *punts newborn infant off 10th story balcony*

actively harming someone is making you responsible for their well being.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

lol i literally said yes to the original question

yeah i'm just getting bored and arguing because i can.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

actively harming someone is making you responsible for their well being.

Hitting a cyclist with your car falls under the same category you cretin.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Hitting a cyclist with your car falls under the same category you cretin.

no intentionally hitting a bicyclist would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
"I'm Vehicle!

I'm a bicycle pedestrian now, Oops now I'm a Vehicle on the roadside!

Watch out, I'm a bike now, going fast, I can't stop because I'm a bike!

Now I'm a vehicle and not a pedestrian, on the sidewalk, did you notice the change?

I thought not, because I was the same oval office all the time."

- A typical bike rider.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 8, 2014

• Locked thread