Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lots of people from uncivilized places in this thread.

Bicycles are normal transportation here, and we have bike lanes and traffic controls for them. While I do happen to wear a helmet, and there are also mandatory helmet laws for youth, that is something I figure is up for an adult to decide for themselves.

What is more important are proper lights on bikes. I'm pretty sure it is legally required for bicycles to have lights here, but it is not as rabidly enforced as it should be. If you are going to ride at night then you should have lights.

Also, if you are riding a bike and are more than 11 years of age, stay off the drat sidewalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

bikers on average deserve death

It's not fair to judge all bikers based on me.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

i think the difference in mass tells a different story, a story of a dead human being bicycle rider

protip: ride your baby toys in the park not on the road, that's for adults

People that think bicycles are just for recreation are generally tremendous fatties. HTH

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

hey bro guess what. I pump iron 5 times a week

Translation: Not only am I a fatty, but I am a short fatty.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

you are all lucky i no longer carry a loving machete in my trunk

I am so picturing you driving a Smart car with a powered wheelchair attached to the back that you laboriously lower down in order to motor your bulk into Dennys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pivotal Lever posted:

are bike riders universally reviled outside of portland and minneapolis

p.s. bike culture is stupid

No, bicycling is normal in Eugene, too. Most of western Oregon, really.

And, in all fairness, sometimes bike culture is stupid.

• Locked thread