Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Police shot and killed 320 people in 2013 (usually its ~400 civilians killed a year), and lost 27 officers to felonious acts

that's an almost 12:1 K:D ratio! Go blue team!

Post your own funfactrs below!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
mods plz fix my spelling I look like a fool now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im glad of it, i love death

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

actually that's not as bad as i thought it would be. 320 people probably die falling down elevator shafts in america every year.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Sweet Tea posted:

320 people probably die falling down elevator shafts in america every year.

iw onder how many of those people are pushed by cops

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Otto von Ruthless posted:

iw onder how many of those people are pushed by cops

wow it really makes you think that maybe some of the killings by police are'nt even documented and the total number is even higher!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

umm, police officers are prpobably only gonna kill civilians, it's not like the police arrest soldiers, lol

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Law enforcement doesn't always make the list of top ten most dangerous jobs in America, but fisherman does.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I used 'civilians' or 'civialians' in place of just saying "people" ok sheeeesh

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i lust for pig death

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
remember when open carry texas was going into low income high crime neighborhoods to try and get at risk youth to learn gun safety and proficiency and the leaders of the community got all mad and kicked them out

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish no cops died in the line of duty.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

fanged wang posted:

remember when open carry texas was going into low income high crime neighborhoods to try and get at risk youth to learn gun safety and proficiency and the leaders of the community got all mad and kicked them out

I remember when a group was gonna give everyone in a majority white neighborhood surrounded by majority black neighborhoods a free gun, and people weren't too happy about that.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Law enforcement doesn't always make the list of top ten most dangerous jobs in America, but fisherman does.

edit: fixsed skin color

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 9, 2014

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
cops are terrible shots you take poor kids and give them some range time and teach them about using cover you'll see that k/d even out a quite a bit imo

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Wait, seriously? Only 27 cops died in 2013? I'm pretty sure more than 27 teachers died in 2013. Or Kohl's employees. Or pretty much any other loving job.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Melmac posted:

Wait, seriously? Only 27 cops died in 2013? I'm pretty sure more than 27 teachers died in 2013. Or Kohl's employees. Or pretty much any other loving job.

They aren't as important.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

They aren't as important.

I'm not much of a "gently caress the police" type (young white female) but half my Facebook feed is from cop friends crying about the dangers of the job.

Literally a gas station clerk job is more dangerous if I am reading this right.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Melmac posted:

I'm not much of a "gently caress the police" type (young white female) but half my Facebook feed is from cop friends crying about the dangers of the job.

the short answer is, "pretty much"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Melmac posted:

tell 'em to go work for a railroad and then see where their crying gets them

buncha crybabies with guns too afraid to do a real man's work

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Literally more students died in the Virginia Tech Shootings than all police officers in the entire United Sates for the entire year of 2013.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I'm too lazy to look it up but I am pretty sure more people died from Coke machines falling on them than cops being killed on duty.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

tell 'em to go work for a railroad and then see where their crying gets them

No, they know my name obviously and then they will send their friends to gently caress with me and my family (probably)

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
More employees of Circuit City died (tube TVs falling on them) while on duty in 2013 than the entire police force, and they've only existed in web form since 2008!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
to be fair guys there are more accidental deaths i think its around 100 dead cops a year usually total

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Melmac posted:

in tyool 2014 how do you not know that cops are all low iq power tripping crybabies?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

in tyool 2014 how do you not know that cops are all low iq power tripping crybabies?

Your a trust fund baby?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Melmac posted:

No, they know my name obviously and then they will send their friends to gently caress with me and my family (probably)

solution: become something which cops fear

Become a boss

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

good gently caress those civi aliens

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

My Imaginary GF posted:

solution: become something which cops fear

Become a vest cam

edited

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i'll lay it out real plain-like no race or nothin

the problem is cops don't think being a cop should have to be a dangerous job anymore. the more of a pussy the cop is or the more risk for the officer being mitigated by policy or "less lethal" equipment the sooner into the interaction the cop is going to escalate, rather than playing it out to ensure the force is necessary.

t;ldr football

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cops are civilians

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
mods plz change title to 'cops have a 10:1 K:D'

tia

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I was too fat and stupid to join the army, so I became a cop.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

cops are civilians

too pathetic to be in the military but we give them assault rifles and MRAPs hmm

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
so basically space marines

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
ya its kinda like blackhawk down where they are mowing down all these people but only lose a few guys, except in this case the black guys they are shooting are taxpayers

lol nm they probably not paying taxes either

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

TEAYCHES posted:

too pathetic to be in the military but we give them assault rifles and MRAPs hmm

many cops were in the military

i just killed a bunch of hajjis and now i am going to use that same hostile military occupation mentality on "the urban youth" i.e. civilians in my country

great idea IMO

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Melmac posted:

Melmac posted:

Melmac posted:

Literally more students died in the Virginia Tech Shootings than all police officers in the entire United Sates for the entire year of 2013.

Melmac posted:

I'm too lazy to look it up but I am pretty sure more people died from Coke machines falling on them than cops being killed on duty.

Melmac posted:

Melmac posted:

More employees of Circuit City died (tube TVs falling on them) while on duty in 2013 than the entire police force, and they've only existed in web form since 2008!

27 cops were murdered in the line of duty in 2013. Not just died. The Op is really super short, how did you miss that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i died in the line of duty in the year 3066 after being unfrozen from cryosleep and forced to fight in teh spacerachnid war

• Locked thread