Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

It was really hit or miss the last few seasons but definitely picking up again. Still not as good as Beavis and Butthead, the definitive high water mark for all funny cartoons ever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
South Park may be the worst show to ever air on US television. Clearly the worst ever is Dr. Who.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

South Park may be the worst show to ever air on US television. Clearly the worst ever is Dr. Who.
bennedict cumbazinga

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mixodorian posted:

See, like I can get someone saying it is still decent enough to watch. But to be like yeah this is really good, idk. You can see what it was like when it was good for yourself by watching the oldest episodes. Should make things clear.
Dude the first season is painfully unfunny to watch. It was painfully unfunny in like 2004. It relied so heavily on "children swearing!!! A CHEF SINGING A SONG ABOUT SEX!!!" which were outrageous in 1997 but pretty much no longer outrageous by 1999. Or around the time when Cartman tricked Scott Tenorman into eating his parents.

Agreed that this season is one of the best in a long time, even though a couple of episodes were basically boring.

But the Oculus Rift episode was amazing. And #Rehash included some of the best social commentary the show has had in ages.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mixodorian posted:

At first, the novelty of it made it an enjoyable watch back when it started.

But it's such poo poo and has been for a while. Like how can people enjoy this poo poo? Why do people like Cartman?

Parker and Stone are try hards.

eat poo poo op

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cartoons

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I haven't seen South Park in a long time but I enjoyed it when I did watch it.

It was funny if you don't take it all too seriously. If you're watching it for political reasons I don't think you're doing it correctly. Should probably check the manual on that.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i think it started to go downhill after season 9, op

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

eat poo poo op

South Park is some trite rear end contrived poo poo, no one can seriously deny that

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

unlimited shrimp posted:

i think it started to go downhill after season 9, op

much like another animated series of note

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I guess you'll be missing out on the Washingten Redskins gently caress You Holiday Christmax Extravaganza OP... sucks to be you

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I saw one episode of Superjail and it was loving moronic. You'd have to be super high on extremely good weed to enjoy that show

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the epi where they went zip lining and turned real while on a boat was funny

also the heavy metal 2000 tribute one

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

sorry op but this season apart from the last one has been killing it

it is transitioning into the randy show, which is the best direction they could possibly take it

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People sure are expressing extreme and opposing opinions on southpark. Perhaps both sides are idiots and the truth lies in some sort of quasi-libertarian third-wayist middle ground?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Baronjutter posted:

People sure are expressing extreme and opposing opinions on southpark. Perhaps both sides are idiots and the truth lies in some sort of quasi-libertarian third-wayist middle ground?

I liked that they didn't make fun of just one side.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I saw one episode of Superjail and it was loving moronic. You'd have to be super high on extremely good weed to enjoy that show

That is the point, IME

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mixodorian posted:

That is the point, IME

12 oz mouse

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If you are out of options and have to watch some TV to get on with your lovely life and make it to tomorrow you can do worse than South Park.

Imagine every show on cable TV is a space on the Price is Right showdown wheel. If you spin and it rolls on the nickel you have to watch the hit reality show Dance Moms. On this scale South Park is worth at least 90 cents.

I don't know how else to explain this to you

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Tom Gorman posted:

If you are out of options and have to watch some TV to get on with your lovely life and make it to tomorrow you can do worse than South Park.

Imagine every show on cable TV is a space on the Price is Right showdown wheel. If you spin and it rolls on the nickel you have to watch the hit reality show Dance Moms. On this scale South Park is worth at least 90 cents.

I think I understand now. Thank you.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

I can agree with that, but that doesn't change that I still think south park is garbage. Other things being worse doesn't make something good.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
imaginationland was the best south park ever

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best show on television now is mike tyson mysteries

this guy knows whats up

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
The funniest episode was when cart an stole the marble rye from the old woman who turned out to be the deciding vote for butters failed election as class president

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They have a different sense of humour to yours OP. There's your answer. Judging by what you've said in this thread I'm going to argue that those people are all objectively correct in their tastes.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

mookface posted:

i don't like the thing how can people even like this thing?!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

At first, the novelty of it made it an enjoyable watch back when it started.

But it's such poo poo and has been for a while. Like how can people enjoy this poo poo? Why do people like Cartman?

Parker and Stone are try hards.

it's 2001 forever in some peoples' heads, just like it's 1956 forever in your racist old grandpa's

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
South Park nowadays is the Daily Show for right-leaning nerds

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Smeego posted:

south park is really good... sorry ur a bitch op

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
south park aged better by season 18 than the loving simpsons did, we can agree on that

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smeego posted:

south park is really good... sorry ur a bitch op

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best show on television now is mike tyson mysteries

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
i can't stand their voices anymore

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

yea bobs burgers is pretty funny

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Southpark is a show

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I thought the Lorde thing was funny.

Im not almost 30 right?

:dance:

:ohdear:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Season 12 of Family Guy is on Netflix. Ive been laughing my butt off all night.

Its something to watch I guess; Its not as funny as it used to be.

It doesnt point out how we are all aging.

Like south park does.

:colbert:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

it was always awful

• Locked thread