Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Flairs aren't allowed to win on TV in NC. This is the law and WCW showed us that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The reason that SHIELD/Evolution and not SHIELD/Wyatts was on the list is the same reason CM Punk/Lesnar wasn't on the list; nobody's allowed to have a better match with The SHIELD than Hunter and his buddies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Senerio posted:

The reason that SHIELD/Evolution and not SHIELD/Wyatts was on the list is the same reason CM Punk/Lesnar wasn't on the list; nobody's allowed to have a better match with The SHIELD than Hunter and his buddies.

Then why wasn't Daniel Bryan Vs HHH on the list?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

It would remind people more that Hunter lost

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Valeyard posted:

It would remind people more that Hunter lost

He lost the other one too.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

don't wanna remind people he lost to someone other than the shieldroman reigns

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Only main event programs get nominated for MOTY which is dumb as poo poo. You could have a 5-star classic as the opener on a PPV and it wouldn't get a nod but a decent Cena match would without any hesitation.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tyson Kidd better show up wearing these next week.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i want those

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I still can't believe the hood he wore isn't on shop.wwe.com. I mean, I don't know if I'd actually wear it in public, but I feel that way about literally all wrestling merchandise.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can see this escalating to the point where eventually he's out there in a cat version of a Deadmau5 head.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Delsaber posted:

I can see this escalating to the point where eventually he's out there in a cat version of a Deadmau5 head.

tysonca7

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

I still can't believe the hood he wore isn't on shop.wwe.com. I mean, I don't know if I'd actually wear it in public, but I feel that way about literally all wrestling merchandise.

Pretty sure it's two shirts and aren't WWE merch in general.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Just in case you too were the only person in PSP to not have heard it yet, Austin's interview with Vince is up.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
And the Slammy's were a swing and a miss

Raw viewership

8PM 3.761 million
9PM 3.811 million
10PM 3.530 million

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's because I didn't watch it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Seth Green's not a draw I guess

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

It's because I didn't watch it.

way to bury the company matt :rolleyes:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

yeah and i'll keep doing it until they acknowledge chris benoit as the greatest of all time!!!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People just aren't tuning in for John Cena.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lousy millennials, watch our show drat it!!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Clearly the answer is more John Cena

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Gonzo McFee posted:

No you see the people thought Cena would show up in the second hour and that's why it had a bump

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

He's not reaching for the brass ring hard enough

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Roman Reigns posted:

I had no idea Seth was going to be on the show before he came out.

Like I'm sure they hyped it 1000x last week, it's just all such noise that I filter it all out.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

He's not reaching for the brass ring hard enough

Too short to reach it and can't jump like Rey could.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

I had no idea Seth was going to be on the show before he came out.

Like I'm sure they hyped it 1000x last week, it's just all such noise that I filter it all out.

Okay, who is hosting next week without looking it up?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RAW was ok, I guess. At the very least, I learned that Wrangler makes jeans specifically designed to safely and comfortably contain my humongous American balls and dick.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

Okay, who is hosting next week without looking it up?

Oh god I know this. They said it... I am honestly drawing a blank though, argh

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I've fallen asleep about halfway through each of these last two raws, I'm starting to think the ppv/NXT only strategy is the way to go

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Oh god I know this. They said it... I am honestly drawing a blank though, argh

It's the ayetollah of rock and rollah y 2 j chris jericho1!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's the ayetollah of rock and rollah y 2 j chris jericho1!

It fits him, he's used to hosting shows that take a half hour just to get started.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cool. I want it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Senerio posted:

it's because SHIELD/Evolution was a better match

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
What the hell is this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It looks like a Naomi Ponytail Baseball Cap, Yaya.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

They have them for the Bellas and AJ too.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Only main event programs get nominated for MOTY which is dumb as poo poo. You could have a 5-star classic as the opener on a PPV and it wouldn't get a nod but a decent Cena match would without any hesitation.

I was going to respond to this by pointing out that in 2010, WWE.com had a Bryan/Ziggler match that opened Bragging Rights tied with Michaels/Undertaker II as the best match of the year (obviously, wwe.com lists are not the same thing as the Slammys, but bear with me). Then I decided to double check that and found that the Taker/Michaels match was just listed as the MOTY, with Ziggler/Bryan as #2 - http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/topmatches2010/page-26.

I thought I was crazy, but I found a bunch of people talking online about how it was a tie - http://forum.ewrestlingnews.com/showthread.php?3296-WWE-Names-Top-25-Matches-Of-2010

http://gotoanswer.stanford.edu/wwecom_pick_their_top_25_matches_of_the_yearsurprise_winner-3022546/

So I guess you were right, Mr. Granwin. Even if your 5-star classic opener on a PPV ties for MOTY, WWE will just go back after the fact and change the result to something with main eventers.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
does the Bella Twin hat come with two ponytails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Perry Normal posted:

I was going to respond to this by pointing out that in 2010, WWE.com had a Bryan/Ziggler match that opened Bragging Rights tied with Michaels/Undertaker II as the best match of the year (obviously, wwe.com lists are not the same thing as the Slammys, but bear with me). Then I decided to double check that and found that the Taker/Michaels match was just listed as the MOTY, with Ziggler/Bryan as #2 - http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/topmatches2010/page-26.

I thought I was crazy, but I found a bunch of people talking online about how it was a tie - http://forum.ewrestlingnews.com/showthread.php?3296-WWE-Names-Top-25-Matches-Of-2010

http://gotoanswer.stanford.edu/wwecom_pick_their_top_25_matches_of_the_yearsurprise_winner-3022546/

So I guess you were right, Mr. Granwin. Even if your 5-star classic opener on a PPV ties for MOTY, WWE will just go back after the fact and change the result to something with main eventers.

Bryan/Ziggler was really good but I don't think it was as good as Taker/Shawn II

• Locked thread