Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

33 degrees and windy here in georgia, well time to bike to work :stare:

e:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
It's really more of a Spithead'goodfriday.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Sometimes I listen to this song and pretend it actually gets cold in Houston

http://music.bowthayer.com/track/noreaster-snow

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Buschmaki posted:

Musta pissed off Odin or something!

With photos like this, is there literally not a cloud in the sky over half of america or are they too small to be on the photo?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

concerned mom posted:

With photos like this, is there literally not a cloud in the sky over half of america or are they too small to be on the photo?

The interior western half of the country is basically just a step above a desert if not an outright desert on the climatology scale or whatever. When I loved in West Texas we went a month+ without any real precipitation.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Buschmaki posted:

How's the weather in third-world America, other goons?

It's warm and wet over here. It was raining during the morning but now the sun is shining.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
pahk yah cah at hahvahd yahd

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jason Ray posted:

The parking lot was flooded from my office to the Dunkin doughnuts. I had to walk to the bad Dunkin doughnuts in the Tedeschi across the street instead....I fell in a pot hole. New England!

Also this one dude went home today because his socks were wet because he stepped in said parking lot lake...all of our socks were wet...loving bastard.

Can confirm that New England has a ridiculous concentration of Dunkin Donuts locations. There are two up the street from me. One is in a gas station and the other is directly across the street. A small child could easily throw a rock from one to the other. There sections if rt 53 that have six or seven locations within a two mile stretch.

Don Gato posted:

I've lived here for 10 years and i gotta say it would be pretty great if there weren't any new englanders. Four seasons are great, the vistas are beautiful but the people I share it with make me want to murder everything.

*nods head*

You're slow,y becoming one of us.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
New england has 1 dunks per every 6k people or some crazy poo poo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Also if you cant handle the people here youre a bitch made gently caress bag and should go move to the Carolinas

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
uhhhh yup i rode my bike fifteen minutes in that poo poo last night and looked like a drowned cat

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Fetus Tree posted:

Also if you cant handle the people here youre a bitch made gently caress bag and should go move to the Carolinas

Let's be sensible here. No ONE should ever move to the Carolinas.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
sunny 70+ degree day today no wind in san diego today.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Shitload of street flooding this morning, most of downtown Peabody is unda watah, detours everywhere, driving sucks... Ipswich got over 5 inches of rain so far.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
51F and rainy in Portland.

Suck it trabeck.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
New Englanders are terrible and they have one of the most obnoxious accents a person can have

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

Having weather is good. Living in a place that is always sunny and nice makes you a weak bitch.

Idk, the UK seems to have a constant overcast & rain and spawns the most beta bitches.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
We must pray to william tecumseh sherman to deliver us from this wickhed stahm.

Jason Ray
Mar 26, 2006
Teetotaling Atheist
When I first came to New England not too long ago from beautiful sunny California the general response from the locals was "Why?" The short answer was work made me. Now I've traded my "Coffee Bean" for "Dunkin'" my "In and Out" for 'Five Guys" my Monsoon Season for Winter with actual snow.

No matter where you go there's always people that want to leave. Aside from the...lets say unique accent...and being mad obsessed with the weather, the people don't seem quite different from where I'm from....since everyone wanted to leave there too.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
While I understand that everyone wants to leave their area, New England weather just sucks. Especially if you live in Boston, the city where it's windier than Chicago, rains more than Seattle, snows a poo poo ton, has hot and humid summers, and winters that last upwards of 6 months.

I was born and raised in New England and lived in Boston for 15 years. I'm now outside of NYC, which is the same region, but a baby-step in the right direction.

People talk about seasons and I'm here to tell you they're overrated. If you want to experience extreme weather, travel.

I hope to be out of this region entirely in the next 3 years.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shadow posted:

While I understand that everyone wants to leave their area, New England weather just sucks. Especially if you live in Boston, the city where it's windier than Chicago, rains more than Seattle, snows a poo poo ton, has hot and humid summers, and winters that last upwards of 6 months.

I was born and raised in New England and lived in Boston for 15 years. I'm now outside of NYC, which is the same region, but a baby-step in the right direction.

People talk about seasons and I'm here to tell you they're overrated. If you want to experience extreme weather, travel.

I hope to be out of this region entirely in the next 3 years.

let me guess going to utah so you can get that cult off the ground and start making money finally?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i've been here for four months and boston weather is horrible bullshit and i hate it every single day.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i remember that one winter in like 2010 that it only snowed like once and it was only a light dusting

if every winter was like that here, it would be the best place to live ever, if it isnt already

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i wouldn't hate it really at all if i didn't have to ride my bike to work. it loving rains half the week every week.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

nomadologique posted:

i've been here for four months and boston weather is horrible bullshit and i hate it every single day.

That's why we drink

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

nomadologique posted:

gently caress this dark cold wet and gay earth

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its true im about to walk to the liquor store up the street from my office and get a head start

unfortunately im now realizing i have to be here for loving 5 more hours today

gently caress

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

TOILETLORD posted:

let me guess going to utah so you can get that cult off the ground and start making money finally?

I think you're confusing me with Joseph Smith!

No, not going to Utah. I have been thinking about San Diego actually due to the relative perfection in weather and how much I enjoyed visiting there. Love the tacos, the fresh tortillas from Old Town, and a drat good burger from Hodad's. Gaslamp was a good time and a close friend moved there last year.

But if San Diego doesn't happen, my requirements are quite simple: little or no snow in the winter. Not terribly humid in the summer.

Seriously gently caress winter. Even this poo poo we're getting now. Nor'Easters with a gently caress-load of rain and wind. It's rained pretty much the entire day 4 out of the last 6 days. When it's not raining, it's cold as hell. Better than snow, but that's the issue with New England. You find yourself either excusing the weather or talking about how it could be worse. People ended up here because they got lost on the way to Jamestown. New England should be nothing but wind farms. Same with the midwest and upstate NY. These are not places human beings should be living.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Sitting in a pub in Boston right now and it seems the rain has let up for the moment, at least. Still miserable here.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
drat, snowy weather in winter? Woah time for Atlanta Redux.
:jerkbag:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Solid layer of frost on my car, Governor deal just declared state of emergency

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
loving pussies.

Boston's the deep South. Practically tropical.

Come to the real North.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I walked to work in it yesterday because my car was in the shop. It was fahkin brutal kehd.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shadow posted:

I think you're confusing me with Joseph Smith!

No, not going to Utah. I have been thinking about San Diego actually due to the relative perfection in weather and how much I enjoyed visiting there. Love the tacos, the fresh tortillas from Old Town, and a drat good burger from Hodad's. Gaslamp was a good time and a close friend moved there last year.

But if San Diego doesn't happen, my requirements are quite simple: little or no snow in the winter. Not terribly humid in the summer.

Seriously gently caress winter. Even this poo poo we're getting now. Nor'Easters with a gently caress-load of rain and wind. It's rained pretty much the entire day 4 out of the last 6 days. When it's not raining, it's cold as hell. Better than snow, but that's the issue with New England. You find yourself either excusing the weather or talking about how it could be worse. People ended up here because they got lost on the way to Jamestown. New England should be nothing but wind farms. Same with the midwest and upstate NY. These are not places human beings should be living.

sorry got to stop you for a second not sure when you have been to old town last but the city forced a change in ownership a few years ago and it's a literal ghost town now. You have to go to grossmont center where casa de pico moved. The lady that owns casa used to be the reason why old town didn't suck, and they forced her out.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

TOILETLORD posted:

sorry got to stop you for a second not sure when you have been to old town last but the city forced a change in ownership a few years ago and it's a literal ghost town now. You have to go to grossmont center where casa de pico moved. The lady that owns casa used to be the reason why old town didn't suck, and they forced her out.

This was Cafe Coyote where the old lady out front made and sold fresh tortillas with salsa for $1. Easily the best tortillas I've ever had in my life.

That's not gone is it?!?

Edit: I was last there exactly a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shadow posted:

This was Cafe Coyote where the old lady out front made and sold fresh tortillas with salsa for $1. Easily the best tortillas I've ever had in my life.

That's not gone is it?!?

Edit: I was last there exactly a year ago

ah no idea, since old town changed i quit going there. so many people stopped going the city had to try and change owners again a year or two ago because it was losing so much money and locals stayed away.

• Locked thread