Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's been suggested that maybe Games should have a chat thread. I'm not sure if I agree with that but people should have the chance to express themselves and the worst thing that will probably happen is that this thread ends up getting gassed.

Talk about games, gaming, all that other stuff here. Hell, set up an improptu gaming sesh. Share some screenshots. Whatever.

:havlat: Don't talk about or post stupid poo poo that you know will get you banned or probated. You should know what that that is by now.:havlat:

Kewpuh posted:

Super Metroid is the greatest video game of all time and if you disagree with this then I will ban you

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Video games are fun. I love video games. :)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Mercury Crusader posted:

Video games are fun. I love video games. :)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm Widestancer AMA

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what games has everyone been playing lately

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

I'm getting back into killing floor because of the footage I saw of the new one. Looks so good

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Stux posted:

Did y'all play the original Shadowgate? I picked up the remake and it's real good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Far Cry 4 and have revisited Megaman 4 on my 3ds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

been hunting down missed sunstones in kirby 3d the last couple nights.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I keep buying every new Wii U game that comes out and I can't stop.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
most recently i played dragon age: inquisition but i've been up for a whole 24 hours writing papers etc. hopefully on the path to gaming soon enough tomorrow :) check out my youtube channel

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I've been playing Tales of Xillia 2 and I've fallen in love with the most recent character to join my party because he's an undercover king in an MIB outfit who has never heard of a comb and has a sword that's in the same ballpark as Sephiroth's for length, he's pretty rad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I'm getting back into killing floor because of the footage I saw of the new one. Looks so good

oh i didnt even realise there was a new one coming, what platforms?

Zombie Samurai posted:

Did y'all play the original Shadowgate? I picked up the remake and it's real good.

i didnt, it looks cool but i think i would just get frustrated with it. they should go on and make a new one off this though and update mechanics a bit, that would be v cool

Widestancer posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Far Cry 4 and have revisited Megaman 4 on my 3ds.

farcry is good, i like the rotercopter thing and accidentally falling out of it. i dont have my 3ds anymore, i sold it for a vita because i really wanted a bunch of the vita games. going to eventually pick up a new 3ds though. have you played persona q on it?

i am currently playing a mix of farcry 4, gta 5, destiny, the new cod and persona 3 portable. p3p is good but it just makes me want to play p4g again.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Evil Eagle posted:

Same. I own 25 Wii U games at this point.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

oh i didnt even realise there was a new one coming, what platforms?

PC and PS4 I think!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:frogsiren: WHO'S THAT POKEMON :frogsiren:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The new Killing Floor is coming out for PC and I personally can't wait, despite the fact that it will be on early access first. Killing Floor is without a doubt my favorite co-op game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eonwe posted:

PC and PS4 I think!

hmmm i might leave it for a few months and see what happens, asi could see it being a future ps+ game in that case.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Widestancer posted:

It's Corsola!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Widestancer posted:

mario

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Clearly jynx

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This made my chuckle a bit, as someone who enjoys RPGs of the J variety, I can certainly recognise the feeling! Haha.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

This made my chuckle a bit, as someone who enjoys RPGs of the J variety, I can certainly recognise the feeling! Haha.

That is legit pretty clever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

going to crosspost this as i think this is something this thread would enjoy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

GBS crosspost :whitewater:

That samus is really cute though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i do like that falcon kirby one though. would be a cool av

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want that goku gif as my av, that's awesome stux

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hey Widestancer, what's your favorite Metroid game?

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm having this problem too. I keep giving nintendo my money even though I don't have time to play all these games. Please send help.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

alcharagia posted:

Hey Widestancer, what's your favorite Metroid game?

I'm partial to Super Metroid because that's the one I've played the most but I also really enjoy Zero Mission and Fusion. I need to spend more time with the Prime series as a whole; I always end up going to the 2d games with romhacks (like the one for Super Metroid that fixes the wonky aiming and stuff) and I need to quit that and go through all the primes again.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who really did enjoy Metroid II as well; I found it to be way better than the first one even if young me was extremely frustrated by how much harder it was sometimes.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

widestancer do you look like samus irl

this is important

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I've never actually played Metroid 2, but it wouldn't take much to be better than the first Metroid game, let's be fair.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

alcharagia posted:

It's Corsola!

Eonwe posted:

Clearly jynx

uh wow guys that's Officer Jenny home after a tough night of fighting crime and stuff A for effort though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know I should say Super Metroid is mine, bit I'm more partial to fusion and zero mission.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ekster posted:

widestancer do you look like samus irl

this is important

My eyes are too slanty and my skin tone is a little bit too copperish also I don't have blonde hair. So I guess if I wore a wig or dyed my hair I could do anime samus or something weird like that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We should place officer jenny under citizens arrest for stealing my heart

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Widestancer posted:

uh wow guys that's Officer Jenny home after a tough night of fighting crime and stuff A for effort though

Officer Jenny is not a Pokemon, she is multiple human people, there is a difference. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Actually how much is Metroid 2 on the VC it's the only Metroid game I haven't played and I'm stricken by the urge to rectify that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Widestancer posted:

GBS crosspost :whitewater:

That samus is really cute though.

yeah but gbs sometimes comes out with gems. here are some of my fav game ones

the samus one is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Stux posted:

Makes me wish tall avs were still a thing.

Widestancer posted:

I'm partial to Super Metroid because that's the one I've played the most but I also really enjoy Zero Mission and Fusion. I need to spend more time with the Prime series as a whole; I always end up going to the 2d games with romhacks (like the one for Super Metroid that fixes the wonky aiming and stuff) and I need to quit that and go through all the primes again.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who really did enjoy Metroid II as well; I found it to be way better than the first one even if young me was extremely frustrated by how much harder it was sometimes.

Do most people not enjoy Metroid II? It's incredible as a minimalist horror take on the Metroid formula. All that open space and bizarre architecture seen through the tiny monochrome screen of the oldschool GameBoy is such a unique experience. And the evolved Metroids are terrifying the way they scream and lunge. Game owns.

• Locked thread