Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

what games has everyone been playing lately

I'm getting back into killing floor because of the footage I saw of the new one. Looks so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

oh i didnt even realise there was a new one coming, what platforms?

PC and PS4 I think!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

:frogsiren: WHO'S THAT POKEMON :frogsiren:

Clearly jynx

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

This made my chuckle a bit, as someone who enjoys RPGs of the J variety, I can certainly recognise the feeling! Haha.

That is legit pretty clever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want that goku gif as my av, that's awesome stux

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know I should say Super Metroid is mine, bit I'm more partial to fusion and zero mission.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We should place officer jenny under citizens arrest for stealing my heart

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

the best zelda is links awakening

100% true

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've never beaten Dustforce. That game is hard as a mother

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LordHippoman posted:

So, I think there should be a website like "Does The Dog Die?" for video games. And it would be called "Are There Explosive Barrels?"

The categories would be "No", "Yes", and "Yes, in multiple elements".

I remember some Ninja Turtles game on like the Gamecube or something where combat pretty much relied on exploding barrels.

This is a really cool idea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Endless legends is an unblanaced cim 5 style game that is better than civ 5 and loving owns

devs said they won't balance it so everything is a bit crazy, but it some how works

It has neat factions like guys who must kill things to get more food since they don't get farming, dragon people, or fall out cosplayers.

I'm gonna buy this when I get back I think

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tim schaefer ran through all his money and good will and now he needs to release dott to get some of it back imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i upload video game videos to youtube, sometimes once a month, some times once a week. subscribe

I actually will do that friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

i wish dishonored didnt for some reason give me a massive headache to play like borderlands 1 did because id like to play it out and see how the story goes. like it makes the part behind my eyeballs hurt

for me this was a combination of the small FoV + motion blur

motion blur/lens flare in games has made my eyes hurt as long as they've been doing it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lets assume I haven't played a lot of RPGs

what are some really long RPGs that you'd recommend

any console but Wii U/PS4/XBone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

4th person zombie rogue like moba

gotta be a mmo also

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No it honestly wasn't a troll. I've actually played a reasonable amount of RPGs, but I've probably missed out on a lot of them. Western or Eastern are ok, any consoles except the new console Gen, PC is actually preferred. Sure, any length really is fine but I was wanting to take a week vacation or something and just waste it playing RPGs. I've got holiday time I have to use or I lose it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Excellent list, really appreciate that a lot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've beaten Dark Souls and I had some enjoyment, but I don't get why people think its that great. Most of the challenge came from all the game mechanics/items/etc made to be obtuse. There are definitely some good things about the game, but I've never really understood why people think its great.

I guess the only real reason I can see that it is treated as great is because its one of the few modern games that doesn't really hold you hand. I can see an argument made for that, but as far as the game itself goes, eh.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

real answer? because its basically super metroid the RPG.

edit: clarification: solid systems which rely on the player to figure them out with a story that is inferred/discovered rather than told directly and a layer of mystery to exploring and finding stuff. you can also take many different routes and beat everything at level 1 giving it replay value in different self set challenges etc.

This actually makes perfect sense

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Is Elite: Dangerous worth buying y/n? Not going to ask in the thread because threads are always full of super fans.

I've talked to some of my friends on steam who own it and consensus is that its not worth it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Someone convince me not to be excited for GTA V coming out for the PC please.

its gonna be fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

It probably will and if anyone makes themselves look retarded in there it's a bonus. Still, variety is the spice of life.

Yeah, I'd like to have a real gamers thread without it being gassed but its going to happen and someone will get outed for being an idiot/terrible person and that will be funny also

hubris.height posted:

mother fucker you and that loving goon that ruined the tcc thread are the worst

just stay out of those good threads stick to bad ones like this

that TCC thread was a goddamn work of art

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Accordion Man posted:

Does Star Citizen still sell some JPEGs of spaceships? I need someone to hook me up.

boy do they ever

the question is - can you buy them with bitcoins?

thats how we know the future is here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ekster posted:

meaningful gameplay choices = good

meaningful story choices = bad, cause it usually sucks away development time and railroads you to a samey conclusion with minor deviations cause it's impossible to make a game like that any other way unless you make it super generic like a bethesda game

I really can't wait for developers to stop doing this poo poo. mass Effect was the worst offender of this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
where is stuttering framerates in that flowchart tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

We should play Worms Armageddon soon.

Also

Everyone here should make a thread in Games in the spirit of holiday giving today.

Done

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689650

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys should each make a thread in games like widestancer suggested

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

afeelgoodpoop posted:

some channer is talking poo poo

I've been accused of being widestancer's lapdog, so I guess Kewpuh's pet has a pet

lol

but yea which one of you big babies is this, I bet kewpuh gave you a 6 hour probation and you got super mad

*edit*

it actually sounds like a super angry archeage dude, I saw some people parroting the same line until they got shamed out of the topic and offsite

eonwe fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 23, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ekster posted:

I bet he bookmarked the archeage, xbox one and star citizen thread.

truly the golden threads of our forum

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wish I could say the factions in DA are just self-serving, but a lot of the time they actively seem to be working against their own interests

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its probably vietnamese

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8 or Reaper of Souls are my GOTYS, I won't pick one

all solid choices

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he is a computer surgeon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this guide helped me once upon a time

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Ciaphas posted:

did the mobo or case come with a PC speaker, beep codes can help tell if it's making it through POST

also this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does your mobo have integrated graphics? it may be outputting video on that port

if so once you can get some video you can go into the BIOS and set it to output on the video card ports

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yes you are good people

also more imps and cool people should hang out in the CTS mumble with grithok, drinkfist, stanley, and i

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Great Joe posted:

I'd like to play some Worms Armageddon with Imps.

yes please!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its amazing how hyped up titanfall was and a week later everyone forgot about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

all i know about stux is that he thinks heroin is good for you

we need a revival of a thread making fun of TCC

• Locked thread