Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I keep buying every new Wii U game that comes out and I can't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The new Killing Floor is coming out for PC and I personally can't wait, despite the fact that it will be on early access first. Killing Floor is without a doubt my favorite co-op game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played through Super Metroid probably 50 times. The other 2D games don't compare imo. I really love Metroid Prime 2: Echoes though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have more, but Super Metroid and Castlevania Order of Ecclesia are my big two replay games. I can't get enough of either.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i am buying a wii u next week. I never had a wii. besides the mario galaxy games, what wii titles should i look out for? I already have donkey kong country returns on 3ds and okami on ps3.

I really loved Skyward Sword but it's a love it or hate it game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shindragon posted:

The one thing I always found hilarous about the Metroid 3D games is how they always try to find an excuse for Samus to lose her upgrades.

I forgot which Prime game did it but Samus literally just smashes against a wall and all her upgrades go down a vent/chute/gutter.

That was Prime 1. In prime 2 she has all of her equipment stolen by the ing and you have to fight bosses that use Samus's abilities to get them back which I thought was really cool. I don't think she actually loses any of her stuff during Prime 3.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

Super Metroid is the greatest video game of all time and if you disagree with this then I will ban you

Thank you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Not only is Kewpuh a benevolent dictator but he has Good Opinions About Video Games, too!

Prime 1 is damned close, though. Probably would have taken the throne if not for the godawful Prime game keyhunt thing :mad:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I enjoyed finding both the artifacts in prime 1 and the sky temple keys in prime 2. Both sets are treasure hunts that cover the whole world and you can start looking for them before you actually need them to progress.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Widestancer posted:

I'm Widestancer on steam

Feel free to add me.

That goes for other people; if you have like steam level 1 or 0 and only one game let me know on here that you added me so I don't think you're some weird spambot.

I've been getting a lot of those lately, anyone else?

I added you. travler903 on steam with the current alias of Duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Lets assume I haven't played a lot of RPGs

what are some really long RPGs that you'd recommend

any console but Wii U/PS4/XBone

SMT3 Nocturne(PS2): 60+ hours if you go for the best ending
SMT: Strange Journey(DS): 70+ hour first person dungeon crawler with interesting level design
SMT4(3DS): 60+ hours if you go for the best ending, with a new game + that adds new quests depending on your alignment

I don't enjoy the persona games (3&4) but you might. They are not very interesting to me as far as the combat goes, and the dungeons are outright terrible.

• Locked thread