Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
englerp
Oct 13, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

, and the writing for the show is pretty terrible AND the CG is atrocious.

Half agree, the writing is nothing special, but i wouldn''t call it terrible. The CGI is indeed really bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh hey Bex Taylor-Klaus

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

what did Morgan Le Fay call Jenkins?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

hangedman1984 posted:

what did Morgan Le Fay call Jenkins?

Galeas. He's Gallahad, Dulaque is Lancelot (DuLac). They're Grail Knights, hence immortal.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

I'm surprised they were able to get away with saying "poo poo" at 8:00 on a Sunday night. I mean, I know on basic cable they're technically allowed to, but still...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
To be fair, we should have assumed Alicia Witt was the villain via Columbo rule.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MildShow posted:

I'm surprised they were able to get away with saying "poo poo" at 8:00 on a Sunday night. I mean, I know on basic cable they're technically allowed to, but still...

Turner stations have let "poo poo" go unbleeped for quite a few years now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Test Pattern posted:

Galeas. He's Gallahad, Dulaque is Lancelot (DuLac). They're Grail Knights, hence immortal.

I guess that explains how Dulaque knew where the stone was in the first episode.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Those last two episodes were much better. Good on you, show. More like that.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Haven't seen it mentioned, but on top of the episode doubling, they're showing episodes out of order, which is why we got two Jones focused episodes in a row and then two Cassie episodes (more or less) last week. Also, for whatever reason they showed the earlier in production episode second, which is why right after getting the stolen trophy for saving the day they were back to treating her like an outcast (until she saved the day again). It'd probably be worth rewatching in the intended order to see how that affects the character arcs, and therefore the likability of the cast (for the people who don't like them that much).

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but on top of the episode doubling, they're showing episodes out of order, which is why we got two Jones focused episodes in a row and then two Cassie episodes (more or less) last week. Also, for whatever reason they showed the earlier in production episode second, which is why right after getting the stolen trophy for saving the day they were back to treating her like an outcast (until she saved the day again). It'd probably be worth rewatching in the intended order to see how that affects the character arcs, and therefore the likability of the cast (for the people who don't like them that much).

I wish networks would stop doing that, it always fucks up any character development

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I was pretty sure this was happening from the way the episodes have been playing out... Oh well, I'm still watching anyway.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'll go with this show. I've kind of become comfortable with the level of goofy they're going for and I finally have stopped waiting for Christian Kane to become like his Leverage character and let him be this new-ish one. That said, coming off the competent action and stunts she had in King and Maxwell, I'm disappointed in the stunt work that Rebecca Romijn has been showing. I'm having fun with everyone but her and it isn't fun watching her fight like it should be.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Watched the first two episodes for the pilot since they are marathoning it today. Wow this show is bad the acting is garbage, the writing is not particularly interesting, and the dialogue is cringe worthy. Like I wanted to see the charm in this show but jeez.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

The Librarians is one of those shows where you just have to turn your brain off and enjoy the stupid. It works best when it embraces the ridiculousness of its premise and doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

MildShow posted:

The Librarians is one of those shows where you just have to turn your brain off and enjoy the stupid. It works best when it embraces the ridiculousness of its premise and doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

Yeah I went in expecting silly camp, but just something about the thing (quality maybe? presentation?) got to me after a while. I can take camp but at least look like you have some passion for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Too bad the season is over because I thought things were really starting to gel with the Tesla episode. Also I guess they decided to be cautious with their finale since that could also have doubled as a series finale.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

muscles like this? posted:

Too bad the season is over because I thought things were really starting to gel with the Tesla episode. Also I guess they decided to be cautious with their finale since that could also have doubled as a series finale.

I read an interview with Jon Rogers during his Leverage days that he always writes season finales to be ambiguous to just flat out resolved because you never know what can happen between seasons.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I really enjoyed the last episode. Tied everything from the season up nicely. I would be interested in what the real episode order was, though.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Vire posted:

Watched the first two episodes for the pilot since they are marathoning it today. Wow this show is bad the acting is garbage, the writing is not particularly interesting, and the dialogue is cringe worthy. Like I wanted to see the charm in this show but jeez.

Just watched the pilot as well and agree with everything you said. I actually felt insulted in how little effort or thought was put into any aspect of this show. I thought, " Well John Larroquette is in it, and he's awesome; can't be that bad." Wow, was I loving wrong or what? This show is somehow worse than Scorpion, which is impressive in it's own right, because that show is garbage.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Here is an entry from John Rogers' blog that talks about episode order: http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/2015/01/librarians-016-fables-of-doom-answer.html?m=1

It looks like he does a question and answer thing for each episode, too bad I didn't find out earlier.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

so what are the chances we'll get a second season?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

hangedman1984 posted:

so what are the chances we'll get a second season?

The ratings are great for TNT on Sundays so I think the chances are high for season 2.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

hollylolly posted:

The ratings are great for TNT on Sundays so I think the chances are high for season 2.

Great, for as bad as this show is I still really enjoyed it

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I like this show. Not many shows do pulpy cheese and Rogers does cheese right.

Plus the show seems to operate on the catering budget of Warehouse 13 so... I like this show. :colbert:

I'll admit it needs to sort out who is doing what between Christian Kane and Rebecca Romijn.

and tell us about the monkey.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Finally finished this up and I enjoyed the series, it was a lot of fun. Definitely room for improvement but a nice, feel good, adventure show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Renewed!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnts-librarians-renewed-second-season-772683

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

This news makes me happy. :)

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I am thrilled this got renewed, it's a fun show. It's interesting to go back and look at this thread start with "oh man this show is just too lame, not doing it for me" but turn into "well, it's a show on TNT or whatever, but they're doing well with what they have, I enjoy it!"

Fingers crossed they air season 2 in order...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This show is pretty bad but I guess it's not bad enough to delete off my DVR. It makes for a good "leave the TV on" show for a Sunday afternoon when nothing else is on.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Excellent, glad to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Just finished the day by watching the season finale and then stumbling over news that it was renewed. It was a solid episode and makes me feel good that they've got a good grasp for an enjoyable tone for the series.

I just wish their stunts were better. Leverage and Romijn's Maxwell show all had better stunts so I know they can do it. But man are they having fun with their goofy premise.

• Locked thread