Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

timp posted:

Repost for a new day. Anybody?

Ryan, but if Julio can't go... follow your heart.

Murray has the upside and I think Rashad will have a decent floor this week, he's not even on the injury report. KC's defense has been getting owned by RBs lately so I'd go Murray.

Boosh! posted:

Playoffs?!

.5PPR pick 2 please:

Roddy White vs Pitt
Tre Mason vs Arizona
Vincent Jackson @ Carolina

Roddy and VJax

Cervixalot posted:

Must-win time. Do I have this right? Hill taking more of the carries give him the edge over Morris against Cleveland's lovely run D.

.5 PPR

Assuming Julio is playing:

RB1:McCoy
RB2:Hill
WR1:Julio
WR2:Benjamin
FLEX: Gordon

Bench: Alfred Morris, Harry Douglas, Latavius Murray

Assuming Julio isn't playing, not quite sure who to flex. Help!

RB1: McCoy
RB2: Hill
WR1: Benjamin
WR2: Gordon
FLEX: Morris, Douglas or Murray

Washington is playing NYG this week homie. Their defense has been looking better and I think gameflow will leave Morris out in the cold. this is a long way of saying you're right about Hill

If it's a must-win, I think you gotta go Murray in the flex if Julio can't go. upside for days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I forgot about the existence of Fred Jackson on my bench. Would it be worth it to flex him over Jordan Matthews or Martavis Bryant? Currently flexing Matthews with Bryant on the bench, but will start both if Julio can't play.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I have both the Rams and Cardinals defense tonight. Who will out-defend the other?

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

RCarr posted:

Someone please help me in my time of need.

Reed's probably the best upside and the better match-up? Rudolph hasn't really been integrated into the Vikings offense and Oakland is still Oakland. Yeah, the QB situation is awful in Washington but Reed's probably going to see a lot of targets if Jackson's out this week (which means Garcon's going to draw coverage from the Giants secondary). It's pretty much a crapshoot though, TEs have been horrible this year outside of like 3 guys.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

RCarr posted:

Someone please help me in my time of need.

Personally I'd go Reed if Desean Jackson doesn't play. If he does play then I'd say Rudolph.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Up by ten in the second week of my first playoff match. Now that Ellington's out, OH GOD WHAT DO I DO?

RB2:
R. Mathews
Kerwynn Williams
(Waiver poo poo? Hillman, Helu, and Blue are out there but, uh...)

TE:
Fleener
Jordan Cameron
Fleener's high variance but has a chance to actually put up points, I suppose.

Flex: (This is the harder choice)
M. Wallace @NE
M. Sanu @Cle
M. Bryant @Atl

Wallace and Sanu worry me because they've really fallen off recently, but Bryant is second fiddle to Antonio Brown even though the Falcons pass defense is a disaster, and both of them are competing against Le'Veon Bell for TDs anyways...

COMEDY OPTION: Play Ellington anyways & pray for medical miracles?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Arcturas posted:

RB2:
TE:
Flex: (This is the harder choice)

For RB, I'd check the waiver a bit more. Mathews is hurt so B. Oliver might not be a bad play, or maybe Chris Johnson? If Mathews plays you'll have to go with him, I'd stay away from Kerwynn Williams IMHO.

For TE I really like Cameron this week with a new QB against a decent Cin defense. Fleener is still producing with Allen in the mix but he's more risky I think than Cameron.

For Flex I'd go Sanu since Haden will likely shut down Green. Wallace will be on Revis Island and Bryant is a very risky, high upside play.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 11, 2014

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Amergin posted:

For RB, I'd check the waiver a bit more. Mathews is hurt so B. Oliver might not be a bad play, or maybe Chris Johnson? If Mathews plays you'll have to go with him, I'd stay away from Kerwynn Williams IMHO.

For TE I really like Cameron this week with a new QB against a decent Cin defense. Fleener is still producing with Allen in the mix but he's more risky I think than Cameron.

For Flex I'd go Sanu since Haden will likely shut down Green. Wallace will be on Revis Island and Bryant is a very risky, high upside play.

Thanks. I'll run Sanu @ flex, then. Oliver & Johnson are owned right now; our RB waiver wire has been pretty much cleaned up recently with the injuries on mid-season stars and the various RBBC's that have been run.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Standard Scoring, no PPR. Pick one.

Jeremy Hill @ Cle.
Jordan Matthews v. Dal.
Jonathan Stewart v. T.B.
Keenan Allen v. Den.

Leaning Hill at the moment after they said he was gonna get the majority of the carries, was initially going to go with Stewart, but after Cam's accident I'm concerned that Tampa will focus on shutting down the run. Matthews I see as a safe play and Allen is who the hell knows.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Arnold Layne posted:

Standard Scoring, no PPR. Pick one.

Jeremy Hill @ Cle.
Jordan Matthews v. Dal.
Jonathan Stewart v. T.B.
Keenan Allen v. Den.

Leaning Hill at the moment after they said he was gonna get the majority of the carries, was initially going to go with Stewart, but after Cam's accident I'm concerned that Tampa will focus on shutting down the run. Matthews I see as a safe play and Allen is who the hell knows.

Hill looks like a good play this weekend, and DeAngelo Williams returned to practice today, so Stewart concerns me a little bit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1 PPR, ESPN standard, a very even semifinals playoff match (according to ESPN predictions, lol).

Pick my RB2:
Jamaal Charles v. Oak
Daniel Herron v. Hou
Knile Davis v. Oak
Pierre Thomas @ Chi
Kerwynn Williams @ StL

Right now I'm vaccilating between Herron and Williams. If Charles has a setback, I'd start Knile in his place.

If Julio Jones doesn't play, should I start Jake Locker v. NYJ over Matt Ryan v. Pitt?

Pick my FLEX. In addition to the above RBs, I am starting:
Kelvin Benjamin v. TB
ODBJ v. Wsh

Currently FLEXed:
Roddy White v. Pit

On my bench:
Rueben Randle v. Wsh
Martavis Bryant @ Atl
Tim Wright (TE) v. Mia

I'm currently starting at TE:
Julius Thomas, who is listed as Q, but is almost certain to play.

Finally, I currently have rostered and am starting Giants D/ST v. Wsh. Waiver pickings are slim, but I could potentially grab Panthers v. TB, Titans v. NYJ, Steelers @ Atl, Bucs @ Car, etc. Basically a whole load of poo poo.

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
Should I roll with the Rams D/ST vs. ARI tonight or Ravens D/ST vs JAC?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Reik posted:

I have both the Rams and Cardinals defense tonight. Who will out-defend the other?

Stigmata posted:

Should I roll with the Rams D/ST vs. ARI tonight or Ravens D/ST vs JAC?

Rams. They've been a buzz saw the past few weeks. I have the Rams, and the only reason I'm not playing them is because I'm playing the Giants against *insert horrible Redskins QB here*.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Wilson vs SF or Romo vs Phi

I feel like Romo is the way to go but he had that poo poo game at home vs Phi on Thanksgiving that's giving me reservations...

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Need an RB2 and flex in 0.5 PPR:
RB Lamar Miller @ NE
RB Jeremy Hill @ CLE
RB Latavius Murray @ KC
WR Kenny Stills @ CHI

Leaning Miller and Stills I guess? These guys are all so closely ranked in the FP flex rankings having a hard time with this one.

In my other league, several positions are up in the air:

Pick one of each category, standard scoring:
QB: Russell Wilson vs SF or Mark Sanchez vs DAL
RB2: Alfred Morris @ NYG or Jonathan Stewart vs. TB
WR3: Vincent Jackson @ CAR or Martavis Bryant @ ATL
TE: Travis Kelce vs OAK or Jordan Reed @ NYG
DEF: Panthers vs TB or Giants vs WAS

In this one my opponent's team is significantly better than mine, so looking for upside mostly.

Pastor Travis
Jun 5, 2008
It's the first round of the playoffs in my 0.5 PPR Yahoo league and I need an RB and a flex. I don't need a home run, just a reasonably high floor.

Mark Ingram @ CHI
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Fred Jackson vs GB
Daniel Herron vs HOU
Kenny Stills @ CHI
Golden Tate vs MIN

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

D-Tron posted:

Need an RB2 and flex in 0.5 PPR:
RB Lamar Miller @ NE
RB Jeremy Hill @ CLE
RB Latavius Murray @ KC
WR Kenny Stills @ CHI

Leaning Miller and Stills I guess? These guys are all so closely ranked in the FP flex rankings having a hard time with this one.

In my other league, several positions are up in the air:

Pick one of each category, standard scoring:
QB: Russell Wilson vs SF or Mark Sanchez vs DAL
RB2: Alfred Morris @ NYG or Jonathan Stewart vs. TB
WR3: Vincent Jackson @ CAR or Martavis Bryant @ ATL
TE: Travis Kelce vs OAK or Jordan Reed @ NYG
DEF: Panthers vs TB or Giants vs WAS

In this one my opponent's team is significantly better than mine, so looking for upside mostly.

I'd start Hill for sure, and probably Miller over Stills.

I'd personally go Wilson, Stewart, Bryant, Kelce, and Giants.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Pastor Travis posted:

It's the first round of the playoffs in my 0.5 PPR Yahoo league and I need an RB and a flex. I don't need a home run, just a reasonably high floor.

Mark Ingram @ CHI
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Fred Jackson vs GB
Daniel Herron vs HOU
Kenny Stills @ CHI
Golden Tate vs MIN

I agree with these picks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
ESPN Standard scoring, need a good defense. I have the Bengals/Browns D right now, both teams are playing each other and are unreliable. The Jets/Titans D are available to pick up and they're also playing each other. Thoughts? I'm thinking of going with the Titans D.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd start Hill for sure, and probably Miller over Stills.

I'd personally go Wilson, Stewart, Bryant, Kelce, and Giants.

Thanks for the advice, the idea of starting Miller & Hill does make me a little less uneasy than a boom/bust player like Stills. Just have a weird feeling that a pissed off Drew Brees is going to use the terrible Bears defense as a punching bag this week. Think I'll also probably swap in Wilson/Giants.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

D-Tron posted:

Thanks for the advice, the idea of starting Miller & Hill does make me a little less uneasy than a boom/bust player like Stills. Just have a weird feeling that a pissed off Drew Brees is going to use the terrible Bears defense as a punching bag this week. Think I'll also probably swap in Wilson/Giants.

Yeah it's very possible that Stills goes off. Miller would be the guy I'd sit in his place. Hill looks like he's going to get the lion's share of the touches going forward.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

1 ppr, 1 point bonus for >100 receiving yards, pick a flex.

M. Bryant @ ATL
G. Tate v. MIN
Kelce v. OAK
D. Walker v. NYJ
Marquess Wilson @ NO

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Zombie Tsunami posted:

1 ppr, 1 point bonus for >100 receiving yards, pick a flex.

M. Bryant @ ATL
G. Tate v. MIN
Kelce v. OAK
D. Walker v. NYJ
Marquess Wilson @ NO

That's a no brainer to me.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I'm torn due to a relative embarassment of riches.

No PPR, ESPN Standard scoring.

FLEX spot:

L. Blount @ MIA
AJ Green @ CLE
J. Bell @ MIN

Before anyone asks why I would lump AJ with running backs, I think both backs will have big games and AJ has consistently had his lunch eaten by Joe Haden for years, so it's not the usual "set it and forget it" you can do with Green.

I think I'm rolling with Blount, as MIA's run defense has fallen off a cliff in the last 3 weeks and I see the Patriots having a lot of runs to kill time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

1 PPR, ESPN standard, a very even semifinals playoff match (according to ESPN predictions, lol).

Pick my RB2:
Jamaal Charles v. Oak
Daniel Herron v. Hou
Knile Davis v. Oak
Pierre Thomas @ Chi
Kerwynn Williams @ StL

Right now I'm vaccilating between Herron and Williams. If Charles has a setback, I'd start Knile in his place.

If Julio Jones doesn't play, should I start Jake Locker v. NYJ over Matt Ryan v. Pitt?

Pick my FLEX. In addition to the above RBs, I am starting:
Kelvin Benjamin v. TB
ODBJ v. Wsh

Currently FLEXed:
Roddy White v. Pit

On my bench:
Rueben Randle v. Wsh
Martavis Bryant @ Atl
Tim Wright (TE) v. Mia

I'm currently starting at TE:
Julius Thomas, who is listed as Q, but is almost certain to play.

Finally, I currently have rostered and am starting Giants D/ST v. Wsh. Waiver pickings are slim, but I could potentially grab Panthers v. TB, Titans v. NYJ, Steelers @ Atl, Bucs @ Car, etc. Basically a whole load of poo poo.

Quotin' since nobody's commented yet. Any thoughts?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Edelman vs Miami
Or
LaFell vs Miami?

.5 ppr.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm doubting my earlier resolve about D/ST.

NYG vs. Was
StL vs. Ari

Here's my thinking. The Giants came up huge last week. St. Louis came up even bigger, against Washington. Whom the Giants play this week. Colt McCoy is apparently starting for Washington again. Gruden is reportedly getting fired at the end of the year. Washington has given up. Washington has also allowed the 2nd most points to team defenses.

But St. Louis has been on fire lately. Teams have been crashed against their shore and been broken. Arizona is likely going to meet the same sticky end. I'm not sure I want to miss out on that. Plus, I mean, it's the Giants.

Help?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I'm doubting my earlier resolve about D/ST.

NYG vs. Was
StL vs. Ari

Here's my thinking. The Giants came up huge last week. St. Louis came up even bigger, against Washington. Whom the Giants play this week. Colt McCoy is apparently starting for Washington again. Gruden is reportedly getting fired at the end of the year. Washington has given up. Washington has also allowed the 2nd most points to team defenses.

But St. Louis has been on fire lately. Teams have been crashed against their shore and been broken. Arizona is likely going to meet the same sticky end. I'm not sure I want to miss out on that. Plus, I mean, it's the Giants.

Help?

I'm playing the NYG Def over GB's Def this week. (tentatively at least)
However, if given the choice I'd probably prefer the STL def. That front is nasty, and they blitz a lot. I don't know if Ari's O-line is any good though.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Having trouble deciding for WR2:

Mike Wallace @ NE
Martavis Bryant @ Atl

This is part of a two week championship where my opponent has Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, and Odell Beckham Jr so I may need to err toward a high ceiling player like Bryant, just wondering other thoughts.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Edelman vs Miami
Or
LaFell vs Miami?

.5 ppr.

Edelman.

Teeter posted:

Having trouble deciding for WR2:

Mike Wallace @ NE
Martavis Bryant @ Atl

This is part of a two week championship where my opponent has Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, and Odell Beckham Jr so I may need to err toward a high ceiling player like Bryant, just wondering other thoughts.

Definitely Martavis.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Quotin' since nobody's commented yet. Any thoughts?

I'm assuming JC is already your RB1. Then I'd go Herron.

Matt Ryan will be productive against PIT with both/just one of Roddy White and Harry Douglas. It will always be a passing offense and PITs secondary is not all great.

If White is healthy, start him. If he's gimpy, M. Bryant.

Giants are fine.

Now do me!

Pick a flex, .5ppr:

Donte Moncrief vs HOU (worst secondary in league, perfect storm of defensive-focus on TY & Reggie Wayne limitations)
Gio @ CLE
Rashad Jennins vs WSH (tough matchup)
Andre Williams vs WSH (same)
Latavius Murray @ KC
JStew vs TB
Jimmy Graham @ CHI (why graham hast thou forsaken me)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's looking more and more like DeAngelo is going to sit Sunday so I'd fire Jstew for safe points. If you're looking for a player to go off for a bucket of points hopefully Graham gets it together this week. I also like L.Murray this week but it's riskier.

I was tempted to start Tre Mason this week against Ari until I read the DeAngelo news. Of course JStew will probably hurt himself on his first touch, but we will see.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

antisocial posted:

That's a no brainer to me.

Fantasypros agrees. Except it says Golden Tate.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Edelman or Miller at flex, non-PPR? I feel like they'll get the same exact mediocre score and this question isn't even worth asking. I also picked up VJax which is tempting after they somehow tried to throw 17 passes at him last week but I'd rather have the high floor against this team.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 11, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Fantasypros agrees. Except it says Golden Tate.

Tate in PPR should be a very safe 10-15 points at least with a ceiling of maybe 20-22 (10 catches, 100 yards kind of day)? Martavis can go 2 catches for 19 yards or 4 catches for 110 and a TD. I'd probably go Tate.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
.5 PPR, pick a TE and W/T:

Larry Donnell vs. WSH
Dwayne Allen vs. HOU
Charles Johnson @ DET
Pierre Garcon @ NYG

Rolling with Donnell and Garcon right now, but if DJax plays, I'm concerned about his usage. The guy I'm going against has Fleener, so I'd really like if Allen played, but not sure if I'd want to take the gamble on him or Donnell since they're both such huge questionmarks week to week.

My whole roster is being held together by my RBs (Charles, Anderson, Herron, Hyde), Wilson, and my IDPs; so I really can't afford any duds.

Going against Brees/Nelson/Hilton/Jeffery/Evans/Lynch this week :stonk: His RB2 is CJ?K and his defense is a lot worse than mine, so as long as one of those guys doesn't drop 40+ on me, I should have a good shot but :ohdear:

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

.5 PPR, pick a TE and W/T:

Larry Donnell vs. WSH
Dwayne Allen vs. HOU
Charles Johnson @ DET
Pierre Garcon @ NYG

Rolling with Donnell and Garcon right now, but if DJax plays, I'm concerned about his usage. The guy I'm going against has Fleener, so I'd really like if Allen played, but not sure if I'd want to take the gamble on him or Donnell since they're both such huge questionmarks week to week.

My whole roster is being held together by my RBs (Charles, Anderson, Herron, Hyde), Wilson, and my IDPs; so I really can't afford any duds.

Going against Brees/Nelson/Hilton/Jeffery/Evans/Lynch this week :stonk: His RB2 is CJ?K and his defense is a lot worse than mine, so as long as one of those guys doesn't drop 40+ on me, I should have a good shot but :ohdear:

Donnell and Garcon for sure

e: actually, considering the djax return and the clusterfuck at quarterback, I'd consider taking a gamble on Johnson

A COMPUTER GUY fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 12, 2014

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I felt really good about Jeremy Hill this week until everyone in the other thread started talking him down. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Pick an RB2 (0.2 PPR)

Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Mark Ingram @ Chicago Bears
Lamar Miller @ New England

Now I'm starting to think that Stewart is the better play, since it looks like DeAngelo Williams will be out. I'm also tempted to drop one of those guys (probably Stewart, because this is the only week I might start him. Won't do it when DeAngelo is back) on Saturday and grabbing the Bills D for Week 16. Couldn't drop Stewart if I played him though.

e: When I frame it that way I kind of want to run with Hill. I'm very heavily favoured in this week's matchup and would love to get the Bills for next week before they hit waivers after this weekend. Hill + Bills seems better to me than starting Stewart.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I felt really good about Jeremy Hill this week until everyone in the other thread started talking him down. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Pick an RB2 (0.2 PPR)

Jeremy Hill @ Cleveland
Jonathan Stewart vs Tampa Bay
Mark Ingram @ Chicago Bears
Lamar Miller @ New England

Now I'm starting to think that Stewart is the better play, since it looks like DeAngelo Williams will be out. I'm also tempted to drop one of those guys (probably Stewart, because this is the only week I might start him. Won't do it when DeAngelo is back) on Saturday and grabbing the Bills D for Week 16. Couldn't drop Stewart if I played him though.

e: When I frame it that way I kind of want to run with Hill. I'm very heavily favoured in this week's matchup and would love to get the Bills for next week before they hit waivers after this weekend. Hill + Bills seems better to me than starting Stewart.

My order would probably be Ingram, Hill, Stewart, Miller. Stewart has too much uncertainty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
I'm in my league's playoffs for the first time ever so I don't want to screw this up.

Drew Brees @ CHI or Tom Brady vs. MIA?

And for my flex I've only got two options:

Chris Ivory @ TEN or Andre Johnson @ IND?

Johnson still hasn't been cleared to practice because of his concussion so I might not have a choice here.

• Locked thread