Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

It's fine, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wrong

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

it's not very nice to try and trick people into watching it, op. i would even call it mean.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i see thru ur lies

time to pdate my geoities

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
for all i know you could be right, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to find out

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
"new" being Seasons 8-10 before the show got canceled in the late 90s, of course.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Watching the Simpsons makes me feel like I'm watching a show from some other culture, where I recognize that something is supposed to be a joke, but I don't get why it's funny.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Season 15-19 were okay, once they dialed back on the excesses of seasons 11-14.

Show started to go dull again, with its awfulness probably peaking around season 23.

At season 26, the show's usually okay if you aren't expecting the magic of the classic seasons.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I can't wait to watch another episode centered around Lisa, the most interesting* character!!!!

She's like Leela, only a little kid so there's no chance to flesh out a boring uninteresting back story to even try to make her interesting

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

hemophilia posted:

I can't wait to watch another episode centered around Lisa, the most interesting* character!!!!

She's like Leela, only a little kid so there's no chance to flesh out a boring uninteresting back story to even try to make her interesting

Both their names do start with "L".

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no dude everything is poo poo

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i caught one episode a few years back and was surprised at its "freshness" adapt and overcome

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
next season every simpson is going to advance in age 1 year. imagine all the new wacky hijinks that could happen when THAT rolls around

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

next season every simpson is going to advance in age 1 year. imagine all the new wacky hijinks that could happen when THAT rolls around

Is that really going to happen

It'll be like when the rugrats became teenagers

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
harry shearer turns 71 in a couple weeks

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It used to be better but it's not THAT bad. Too many guest stars though

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nice try Matt Groaning

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

d'oh!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

its so robotic even that lame monobrowed baby is completely lifeless

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I haven't watched a new episode in close to 8 years

Have they tried killing off a well known character like Family Guy did?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Sappo569 posted:

Have they tried killing off a well known character like Family Guy did?

Yes, and also had one die of attrition

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
At the rate they release full seasons on dvd/blu Ray I probably won't find out for several years.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
They are better than the old ones imo.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
It's the same poo poo

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

remember when they retconned homer and marges backstory to be a joke about Nirvana

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Uncle Wemus posted:

remember when they retconned homer and marges backstory to be a joke about Nirvana
It wasn't a retcon unless if you're a continuity sperglord.

And that episode ruled.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Quick, someone post an insane made up plotline that we all laugh and joke about then realize is an actual loving plot line from the actual show and recoil in horror.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I dunno, if someone never watched the good seasons of the Simpsons they might think the new episodes were okay.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Nutsngum posted:

Quick, someone post an insane made up plotline that we all laugh and joke about then realize is an actual loving plot line from the actual show and recoil in horror.
A sleazy snake oil salesman convinces the entire town, through song, to invest all its money in a monorail. Homer becomes the conductor through pure chance. The plan is only foiled by a giant donut.

ozebane
Nov 4, 2009
The Simpsons are at a live Cheech and Chong show when Chong, upset by the act's repetitiveness, begins to improvise and ultimately leaves the stage. Homer is encouraged to take Chong's place on stage, and recites the "Dave's not here, man" act from memory. Cheech is impressed, and asks Homer to join him for the rest of the tour under the name "Cheech and Chunk." Homer is disillusioned to learn that Cheech and Chong's lives are different from their stoner personae. Meanwhile, Chong has replaced Cheech with Seymour Skinner, forming a duo called "Teech and Chong," but the team proves unsuccessful. Homer eventually convinces Cheech and Chong to reunite.

Meanwhile, Marge discovers that the Crazy Cat Lady is a hoarder. In an effort to help, Marge has the clutter removed from her home. But after loading the waste disposal truck, Marge begins removing items she sees as unique and non-disposeable, eventually causing her own home to become cluttered. To cure Marge's new obsession, Homer brings back the Crazy Cat Lady, who ends up becoming a hoarder again after seeing all her old items.

In an epilogue Bart, posing as Puck, tells the audience the epilogue as well as that they can watch the show the next day on Hulu.com.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Homer is suffering from insomnia due to stress about his age. In an attempt to heal, the family takes a vacation to Florida. Little do they know, it is spring break when they arrive. After Homer accidentally kills the beloved town alligator, the family must go into hiding to avoid being arrested. Diedrich Bader, Kid Rock, Robert Evans, Charlie Rose and Joe C. guest star.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Bro Dad posted:

Homer is suffering from insomnia due to stress about his age. In an attempt to heal, the family takes a vacation to Florida. Little do they know, it is spring break when they arrive. After Homer accidentally kills the beloved town alligator, the family must go into hiding to avoid being arrested. Diedrich Bader, Kid Rock, Robert Evans, Charlie Rose and Joe C. guest star.

Christ, that was a bad episode.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

bug gay. so what

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Bro Dad posted:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Yeah Mike Scully was one of those "decent writer, crappy showrunner" types. He still gets work on Parks & Rec.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Echo Chamber posted:

Yeah Mike Scully was one of those "decent writer, crappy showrunner" types. He still gets work on Parks & Rec.

I hate Parks & Rec.

Why is imgur obsessed with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
yes they are

• Locked thread