Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Big plays from Fat Lowtax. I had to go over to the side door and kinda bodycheck it open, I felt like such a badass but really my locks are all old and useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
once I had to break a window to get in. cost me like $80 to replace. oh well it was my parents house

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Your house really is easy to break into you should do something about it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My last rental had a loving huge dog door. Usually it had a placard over it, but if you got locked out you could force it open and climb through. Nice.

Here our garage doors lock doesn't work so just use the passcode. I whined enough because the landlord only told us the garage door knobs lock didn't have any keys after we signed the lease. I was like well fix it. "Well that's like $100..."
I said "if I brought this up a month ago you would have gone overboard to get it fixed."
She showed up with a new knob and keys a week later

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Rando posted:

Your house really is easy to break into you should do something about it.

One door can't open and one door can't really lock so I mean yeah it's far from ideal

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fat Lowtax posted:

Big plays from Fat Lowtax. I had to go over to the side door and kinda bodycheck it open, I felt like such a badass but really my locks are all old and useless.

"Actually didn't really lock self out, just too fat to fit through foor.....*to Quagmire music*: 'THAT'S FAT LOWTAX!!'"

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fatness is funny all on its own.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fat Lowtax posted:

One door can't open and one door can't really lock so I mean yeah it's far from ideal

Doesn't sound like you have the cash to have anything worth stealiing so your alright.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

did you have the right house?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
having locked myself out of homes a couplet times in my life, i can say that i'm pretty good at breaking into them. i don't know why people bother even locking their doors given the number of easily openable windows

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Why didn't you just call your girlfriend to come let you in? That's what i do when i lock myself out :smuggo:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

Why didn't you just call your girlfriend to come let you in? That's what i do when i lock myself out :smuggo:

Some of us have relationships with employed people.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I put my house on steel stilts with a retractable elevator sort of like a space ship. Sleep so soundly.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
you should hide a key somewhere outside op

also, if someone really wants in your house a lock isn't really going to stop them so who cares?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I put my house on retractable stilts. When I want to leave, I just stand in a hole in the floor in the middle of the living room, and the house lifts itself off me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Otto von Ruthless posted:

you should hide a key somewhere outside op

also, if someone really wants in your house a lock isn't really going to stop them so who cares?

locks aren't designed to stop, they are designed to slow.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Baba Ganoush posted:

I put my house on steel stilts with a retractable elevator sort of like a space ship. Sleep so soundly.

Each morning you get to descend like the maturing testicle descends and go off into the world. You get to do that every day.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Darth123123 posted:

also they keep an honest man honest.

for example, i've walked past really nice road bikes before and thought to myself "i would steal that if it wasn't locked up- just hop on and ride away into glory"

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Rando posted:

Each morning you get to descend like the maturing testicle descends and go off into the world. You get to do that every day.

It's confidence inducing to say the least.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

You have missed the point of locks.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I don;t have a house thamks for poor-shaming me

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
really im pretty sure the only person the locks on my doors have ever inconvenienced is me

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I have a spare set of keys hidden and buried in a park near me.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rando posted:

You have missed the point of locks.

Look man, I dont have time to argue locks all day. I'm pretty busy here. But show me a house lock that, when given sufficient time/resources, is unbreakable.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i am a master of unlocking (video game reference there) so i just carry a set of lockpicks instead of my keys

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

locks work. I accidentally dropped my credit card through a door trying to use it to unlock my neighbors door. Talk about embarrassing.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

satanic splash-back posted:

i am a master of unlocking (video game reference there) so i just carry a set of lockpicks instead of my keys

Bump keys.

F'ing noob.

:colbert:

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Look man, I dont have time to argue locks all day. I'm pretty busy here. But show me a house lock that, when given sufficient time/resources, is unbreakable.

sufficient time and resources and you can modify the door into a robot and command it to let you by and show you where the good stuff is stashed and carry it out for you but I don't think Lex Luthor is doing much suburban B&E these days.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
dont worry op ill be by soon to jack all ur poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No way, dibs.

• Locked thread