Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

The Cataphract was not "one of the originals from beta," what the gently caress.

Yeah, not sure how I hosed that up. Shameful.

I've added many of the updated builds to the OP. Will probably swap the Stalker out for the crab in a week or two if they turn out to be good over time, or the Banshee if not.

If you guys could add some of the KDR Special Secret Builds to the goonsay wiki, that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

I've added many of the updated builds to the OP. Will probably swap the Stalker out for the crab in a week or two if they turn out to be good over time, or the Banshee if not.

The crab is good.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Baudin posted:

The crab is good.

Experience the ocean like never before! A stunning journey into a story untold! Crabs! Now on Broadway!

Eatpants
Jan 26, 2012
Add this somewhere in the OP as well please

A couple people have been complaining about low FPS. Here's my user.cfg http://pastebin.com/wjxmK9tE

place user.cfg in \Mechwarrior Online -- most important is to set it to read-only!

Now you need to go into \Mechwarrior Online\USER\Profiles\yourname and edit Attributes.xml , change this option <Attr name="OptionCfg.sys_spec" value="-1" Make sure it is set to -1

Now set Attributes.xml to readonly as well and launch the game! wooooohoooo bad computers

Also if your videocard is a decent dx11 card you will get a slight performance boost running DX11 instead of DX9

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Baudin posted:

The crab is good.

Still, I'd rather it settle out for a couple of weeks first. It IS probably better than the Stalker though.

Does anyone have a meta-compliant Cataphract or Jagermech build they could share? Are there better 'Mechs to replace these with?
Any other IS Mediums people would like to see here?
Is there yet a good Clan light build?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
So, I thought briefly on buying one of those packs to get the King Crab, because the King Crab looks fukkin' sweet. I thought to myself, 'hell, I can see myself sinking a 20 buck into this for a robit or two, no biggie. I have some money.'. Plus, I love the Panther, having used it for a while in a table top game RPG of Battletech.

Then I read the fine print. You need to buy the biggest pack. The one that costs 80 dollars.

And the King Crab will never come back, so they claim.

God damnit. Guess I ain't getting it.

Who here DID spring money for this thing?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Cosmic Afro posted:

So, I thought briefly on buying one of those packs to get the King Crab, because the King Crab looks fukkin' sweet. I thought to myself, 'hell, I can see myself sinking a 20 buck into this for a robit or two, no biggie. I have some money.'. Plus, I love the Panther, having used it for a while in a table top game RPG of Battletech.

Then I read the fine print. You need to buy the biggest pack. The one that costs 80 dollars.

It's okay man. The "champion" version of the mech is exactly the same model as the regular one. The regular King Crabs will all be available for cbills come January and are available for MC now.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

What? No, you can just buy the King Crab with in game currency in like a month. Play now and save up a bit.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Stormcrows are way too loving hard to kill. I have a harder time killing a Stormcrow than I usually do with an Assault or Direwolf.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Kazvall posted:

Stormcrows are way too loving hard to kill. I have a harder time killing a Stormcrow than I usually do with an Assault or Direwolf.

Yeah, hitting crows with ballistics is a pain in the rear end, I've found using lasers on 'em is generally advisable.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Okay if I don't get my account back tomorrow, I'm going to start a new one and start savin' up for a stormcrow. Then I'm getting a laser centurion. You guys sure are helpful. I hope I don't get banned again.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Tujague posted:

Okay if I don't get my account back tomorrow, I'm going to start a new one and start savin' up for a stormcrow. Then I'm getting a laser centurion. You guys sure are helpful. I hope I don't get banned again.

I have no idea why I haven't been banned yet. I act like a complete lunatic most of the time. I've toned it down lately, but for a while there I was completely out of control.
How they decide who gets banned is one of life's mysteries as far as I can tell.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cosmic Afro posted:

The only King Crab that's not coming back is the King Crab with Viking Angel Tits painted on it.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

RiperSnifel posted:

I have no idea why I haven't been banned yet. I act like a complete lunatic most of the time. I've toned it down lately, but for a while there I was completely out of control.
How they decide who gets banned is one of life's mysteries as far as I can tell.

Someone has to report you for you to get suspended/banned.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Number19 posted:

IGP never held the license. That has always belonged to PGI and will for a few years yet.

IGP held a sublicense from us to use the Mechwarrior name for Mechwarrior Tactics.

Do you know anything about the terms of the sublicense? Or can you tell us who would?

Because apparently the MW:Tactics license is being sold off as part of the IGP firesale, unless I am reading http://raymondchabot.com/en/assets-for-sale/26192 wrong.

And there is maybe interest in seeing if the community can buy it and make a game that's not poo poo out of it. But people want to know things about the license first.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I know you're going with one suggested build per mech and all but I feel like not including a Rhino is doing the Stalker a disservice.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I think you get viking tit King Crab if you bought any of pre-orders (top tier) previously. I haven't bought any of top tier Clan/Wave2/Resistance and still got one, probably because I bought top tier Phoenix Package.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Directly from Russ

Russ posted:

Top Tier Reward
This reward is for anyone who purchased a Top Tier Package in any of our pre-order programs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new King Crab Assault Mech decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay. This custom King Crab variant will only be available through our Top Tier Reward program and will be injected into eligible accounts on December 16th. You have until December 16th at 10:00 am PDT to earn the Top Tier Reward. All Standard variants of this chassis will be available for MC December 16th and C-bills January 20th.

So any top-tier, including founder packs, will get you a special viking-tits king crab but everyone can get a king-crab eventually for c-bills and everyone can already get one for cash-money without buyin a pack.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Feindfeuer posted:

Directly from Russ

So any top-tier, including founder packs, will get you a special viking-tits king crab but everyone can get a king-crab eventually for c-bills and everyone can already get one for cash-money without buyin a pack.

Hooray, my phoenix pack that I couldn't be arsed to get a refund on got me a cool Crab dude! $80 well spent :suicide:

Actually I'd be interested to hear if people that bought phoenix but got it refunded got a crab.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Aesis posted:

I think you get viking tit King Crab if you bought any of pre-orders (top tier) previously. I haven't bought any of top tier Clan/Wave2/Resistance and still got one, probably because I bought top tier Phoenix Package.

I should log in and see if I have one. I am a Legendary Founder :negative:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Then you have one. And a new atlas. And a new (well sort of) cent.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Then you have one. And a new atlas. And a new (well sort of) cent.

Hooray for the new old cent!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

That was taken out suspiciously right before a mc-only mech came out that was oddly similar in its layout!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wait, people still play this game? Are we finally getting community warfare after 2 years?

e: also I thought IGP was just a PGI shell company for holding copyrights

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Eej posted:

Wait, people still play this game? Are we finally getting community warfare after 2 years?

e: also I thought IGP was just a PGI shell company for holding copyrights

Some people played all the way through, a lot of people (myself included) took a year of because it was in a lovely place and wasn't fun. The last month or so we've had mech quirks added making a bunch of useless mechs at a minimum fun and usable and in some cases making them utterly ridiculous, as well as clan mechs and weapons. Community Warfare allegedly drops on tuesday of next week.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Fil5000 posted:

Some people played all the way through, a lot of people (myself included) took a year of because it was in a lovely place and wasn't fun. The last month or so we've had mech quirks added making a bunch of useless mechs at a minimum fun and usable and in some cases making them utterly ridiculous, as well as clan mechs and weapons. Community Warfare allegedly drops on tuesday of next week.

Game is fun if you want to have fun.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Game is fun if you want to have fun.

That was what I was saying - it's fun NOW. It spent around a year being a fuckawful horrible grind for nothing with little fun involved.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

That was what I was saying - it's fun NOW. It spent around a year being a fuckawful horrible grind for nothing with little fun involved.

The jumpsniping.... poptarting highlanders and ctf 3d's every. loving. Drop.

They actually fixed it, then pubs threw a shitfit and they dialed back the fix, that was when i first said fuckit and took a hiatus

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Agreed.

double riveting
Jul 5, 2013

look at them go

Paul Inouye posted:

Community Warfare Phase 2 - Open Beta - The explanations are plentiful in the many posts you have read, you all know what it is. As the title states this will be an Open Beta release and will certainly have known issues when it is released.

AHAHAHAHA sorry i'm a week late on this but gently caress

MechWarrior Online: Entering Open Beta Dec. 2014!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

aniviron posted:

Do you know anything about the terms of the sublicense? Or can you tell us who would?

Because apparently the MW:Tactics license is being sold off as part of the IGP firesale, unless I am reading http://raymondchabot.com/en/assets-for-sale/26192 wrong.

And there is maybe interest in seeing if the community can buy it and make a game that's not poo poo out of it. But people want to know things about the license first.

The details of the license are way outside my realm of knowledge. I know there was a thread on the MWO forums about it and Russ said that he's not going to comment on it at this time. I don't think anyone is going to get any further details right now.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Actually I'd be interested to hear if people that bought phoenix but got it refunded got a crab.

I logged in just to see if PGI was precisely this bad at coding poo poo and it turns out they are competent enough to not accidentally give away robots that cost money.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

Hooray, my phoenix pack that I couldn't be arsed to get a refund on got me a cool Crab dude! $80 well spent :suicide:

Only a year late, but all in all the Phoenix pack has a pretty great stable of mechs now. (Battlemasters Excluded.)

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I don't know if this poo poo is still current or whatnot but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrA6djaVm1g

Guy's running around in what I think is a battlemaster with eight ERPPCS. He blows guys away and then melts.
Is this one of you?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eej posted:

They are releasing something technically called "Community Warfare" this month and boy howdy I can't wait to see how it goes over...

quote:

Paul Inouye posted:

Community Warfare Phase 2 - Open Beta - The explanations are plentiful in the many posts you have read, you all know what it is. As the title states this will be an Open Beta release and will certainly have known issues when it is released.

Ahaha it's gonna poo poo the loving bed right away isn't it?

e: fixed spelling

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 11, 2014

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
It's not so much the poo poo in the bed that gets you, it's the fact that you spend six months arguing about whether or not it's actually poo poo

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Iron Tusk posted:

Only a year late, but all in all the Phoenix pack has a pretty great stable of mechs now. (Battlemasters Excluded.)

Phoenix pack refunds were never especially about whether the mechs would be any good or not.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Posting in this thread is a healthy way of passing the time while waiting for your match to start.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

garth ferengi posted:

They're bad, and the worst part is that they're not quite bad enough for people to realise they're not even remotely worth taking over lasers(the god weapon at this point of the game) and/or whatever dumb gimmicky ballistic poo poo(gauss rifles excepted, which are as good as ever)

e: People also play them in incredibly boring, passive ways, and they're actively harmful as far as becoming less of a lovely player goes. When I did a stupid lrmboat to get my stalker basics way back in the day, I at least pushed and spotted/tagged targets for myself instead of whining about people not giving me locks while hiding behind a hill

Love you too (not in a romantic way, TGB would kill me kick my nuts).

Yeah, while LRMs did have their times during the festivals or Artemis (I to V?). They usually are not the most optimal choice. I ran a Founder Catapult (Hey I'm also a stupid Legendary Founder, sucks to be me) with twin LRM15s, 2x LL a single ML and TAG (don't forget JJs). Was over a year ago but it was okay for medium range fights. Hitting people with the LRMs and the LLs did do a bit of damage.

Wasn't the best build ever, but provided a different way to play the game. Without triggering ghost heat. YAY. I think it's okay to bring suboptimal builds as long as no one in your group minds it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

FYI: there is a hotfix going out today that's scheduled to start at 10:00AM PST (in about 2 hours) until 1:00PM.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/12/1023-hot-fix-incoming

quote:

Here are the fixes included in this patch:

Fixed the Polygon skins for Gargoyle 'Mechs
The final team score or resources is now displayed at the End of Round screen of all game modes.
Fixed issue where large groups would erroneously be broken up between lances.
Fixed thermal vision on DirectX 11 when any form of anti-aliasing was enabled.
Reduced lag on in-game chat when large numbers of messages were received by the server simultaneously.
Fixed several systems in the InnerSphere map that had non-english characters in their names.
Improved several issues relating to popping in the terrain LOD system.
Fixed mechs occasionally floating in the air when their ground contacts were suddenly removed.

• Locked thread