Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Number19 posted:

IGP never held the license. That has always belonged to PGI and will for a few years yet.

IGP held a sublicense from us to use the Mechwarrior name for Mechwarrior Tactics.

This is where I point out how upset I am at myself for spending $20 on MechWarrior Tactics. What a terrible piece of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

So, I thought briefly on buying one of those packs to get the King Crab, because the King Crab looks fukkin' sweet. I thought to myself, 'hell, I can see myself sinking a 20 buck into this for a robit or two, no biggie. I have some money.'. Plus, I love the Panther, having used it for a while in a table top game RPG of Battletech.

Then I read the fine print. You need to buy the biggest pack. The one that costs 80 dollars.

And the King Crab will never come back, so they claim.

God damnit. Guess I ain't getting it.

Who here DID spring money for this thing?

What? No, you can just buy the King Crab with in game currency in like a month. Play now and save up a bit.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

That was what I was saying - it's fun NOW. It spent around a year being a fuckawful horrible grind for nothing with little fun involved.

It's remarkable how a few seemingly minor changes were able to make the game enjoyable again.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Willfrey posted:

You are better off dropping vs nobody rather than another team to advance cw

Yep. That's a pretty big problem too. It's a shame because the whole dropship mode and the attack/defend gameplay is a lot of fun. I'd rather they make that a standard game mode so I could guarantee a match rather than shooting at turrets all night.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Scoops posted:

I'm part of Kurita instead of WoL but I know a lot of the organized Kurita groups are splitting between clans and seesaw battles with the davs on tripoli and paris, might be worth contacting some of them at their teamspeak (they got an integrated one in the past few days afaik) if y'all wanna resurrect the triple axis alliance of marik/liao/kurita and coordinate pushes against them on both fronts. Aren't the three houses supposed to be in an alliance anyways in response to the fedcom union?

Was it you that I played a CW match with last night? I like to think our constant all chat harassment contributed to our victory.. if we won. I can't remember. My mechs are apparently fueled by alcohol.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

I have been running a UAC5 Marmoset since the day it was released. Someone please link me to a better build because taking an XL Engine is no longer worth the risk since UAC5s are slower and double tapping ain't what it used to be.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Illegal Username posted:

I am 6'2" 240lbs (not in a chubby way) and can lay someone out cold in a moments notice

I was just about to start my reply when I saw you were quoting the brown sea. So good.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

OhsH posted:

lol looks like its time for a new thread

nah it's cool people are just role-playing actual BattleTech political dealings

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

I never noticed those mastery packs before. The Firestarter pack is tempting since I still only have one Jenner, one Raven, and three Locusts in my light tab.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

It's true, machinegun bukakke video is now outdated. They actually work and are good.

I didn't keep up with the machine gun changes, but someone earlier mentioned they are the same as small lasers now. How accurate is this? Could you actually use it to damage a mech, or are they only useful as crit-seeking weapons?

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

If I earn a bit more MC I'll probably buy a hero. Maybe a medium mech. Gridiron worthwhile?

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

MadWOPR posted:

So I guess I'll be getting some thunderbolts then. Also, as a fun thought exercise, if WoL switched to Davion for a week, would the mwo forums universe collapse in on itself?

If we switch factions, do we take the planets we've conquered with us?

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I don't see anything wrong with that, he even remembered to bring the close-in punch.

I would swap out the SRM4 for an SRM2, it is a more optimal close-up puncher. Use the extra tonnage to install a bigger XL engine, and be sure to install CASE on your side torso ammo to prevent explosions.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Great Beer posted:

I played two games and saw a single large laser panther, an xl300 atlas, and a raven with nothing but back armor who charged into the fight in reverse.

The Inner Sphere is not yet ready for the return of the Star League. Let's go back beyond the periphery for a few hundred more years.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

I can't believe Clan Smoke Jaguar fell short of the ethical standards of some video game tournament.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

The most fun I ever had was in an Awesome that went about 80 kph using an XL engine that didn't pop if you lost a side torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Anticheese posted:

They definitely need to do something to make the next batch of IS 'mechs stand out.

Bushwacker.

• Locked thread