Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

garth ferengi posted:

They're bad, and the worst part is that they're not quite bad enough for people to realise they're not even remotely worth taking over lasers(the god weapon at this point of the game) and/or whatever dumb gimmicky ballistic poo poo(gauss rifles excepted, which are as good as ever)

e: People also play them in incredibly boring, passive ways, and they're actively harmful as far as becoming less of a lovely player goes. When I did a stupid lrmboat to get my stalker basics way back in the day, I at least pushed and spotted/tagged targets for myself instead of whining about people not giving me locks while hiding behind a hill

e2:

They're actually actively harmful and in the group queue I see goons using pure lrmboats more than the pubbie groups I fight alongside/against

Solo queue is a different story. A much better story. A world dominated by a single tyrannical metal toddler armed with greenbeams of doom

Counter-point: LRM Stormcrow that's sticking with the team and actively helping. I'm not saying it's the end-all-be-all, but I know we've dominated 12 man ques for a while because of that thing. But it's still a LRMboat and therefore situational at best. Good gameplay > LRMs. That said, I'm not good at robits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm just waiting for Kazvall's toxx video. It is time.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
LRMs might be a problem once the train gets rolling if defenders starting going LRM heavy, sicne they have the extra LL turrets to help out.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
hey look, let's drudge up some old bullshit from the last thread! SA2014: Shitposting and Drama Importing are A-OKAY.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Is there a thunderbolt mastery pack? If so you should get that.

Not yet, but when there is one I probably will unironically get one. Those things are loving amazing.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Bundle question: For someone who has 2 of the firestarters, is that bundle worth it?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Super 3 posted:

Re installed and submitted info via the OP.

What's a good muromets build these days?

3x AC10 I hear, I could be wrong though

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We chose Smoke Jag because of the contract bonus. Plus they're pushing through Kurita space into Davion

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

MadWOPR posted:

Is anyone in particular in charge of the FLJK invites? I'd like to try my shiny new clan mechs out for loyalty points and it'd be nice to know who to harass ahead of time.

Pretty much anyone in FLJK can invite

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Drewjitsu posted:

Although the barrier to entry is higher in a clan unit. It's 6 of one half dozen of the other, I suppose.

A bunch of us went off to do FLJK mostly to just get fights, because bashing faces against the wall against either Davion premades or Ghost drops got old fast for Liao. I like IS vs IS, just wish we had more people fighting. I may swap back after this FLJK contract and do a week of IS.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

I'd put the Lrg Pulses in the left torso. Higher aimpoints. It's what I run on mine.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We've been running Ghost Bear runs all night.

Edit: Well, I have.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I might very well toss 20 bucks at that, if only for the premium time and Drunk Urbanmech Drops (hereby referred to as DUDs)

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Who's getting the bonus cash for clans right now? We should probably go with them. I'm not sure how you pick the faction contract. I'll look in just a sec when I finish patching.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We went Toke Cats because there are no bonuses for any factions atm. 50% Loyalist bonus across the board. If we need to swap we can later.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, the Streakdog just SHITS out damage. Took it out by accident on the first drop in CW, Thankfully, the IS light rushed. 6 Kills later I'm in the goat pass molesting Thunderbolts.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Direwolves are good, but I'm starting to agree with the general consensus that the Warhawk is better suited for 12 mans (group or pub) because of it's speed. DWs get left behind as light Bait so often it's sad. That said, DWs are still awesome powerhouses and scary as gently caress in the right hands.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

MadWOPR posted:

Create a clan alt, WoL moves to marik, all problems solved

This solves most problems.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

Sadly it costs money to buy the bad mech.

Could we do it without the St Ives and just paint them Blue/White?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
IIRC, if you got the PCGamer skin pack, you got a white in it too. So there's Blue and White. Police Lance is a gooooo

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

e: can you fit 6 AC/2 on a JM6/DD

im asking for a friend

E: this is actually quite a good sign if they're tinkering with the edges of ghost heat

Kazvall get your tweezers ready. :it'shappening.gif:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Number19 posted:

Here's one with an AC10:

That actually looks pretty baller.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
My patcher is patching terribly slowly, I recall there being a work around/fix for this?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

FatCow posted:

So reading those patch notes I dropped WoL at the perfect time so I can start grinding out some clan faction rewards. Smoke Jag is the other one people are in, right?

Toke Cats. Also, don't join the faction yourself unless you plan to stay longer than we may. Join the unit.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pass along Number19, the new map is pretty goddamned fun. Loving the open space around the cannon. And the cover in the approaches with sniping paths and all back and forth makes for great attrition battles. I might have a favorite map now. Also, tentacle flowers.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Been busy working, but I'll be on for a bit tonight too for clan poo poo

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Used to. Heavies are the spots fought for now.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cauldron Born! Hooray! That's awesome.

Nvm

Thronde fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 20, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Been gone for a while due to my lovely work schedule. I'll be back asap.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not gonna lie, if it only worked with lasers this would probably get installed

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Doesn't matter. It's still funny. She's an insufferable pain, so I'm laughing. It's also hilarious because :pgi:

Also, LRMS are good, gently caress you. And people still play this. Laffo.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo. That's loving solid gold.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just tried a Dual AC-10 build with ERmeds. It's pretty fun. Might have to try the UAC20/ERML

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mindblast posted:

And ammo explosions werent a thing yet so we ran around with srm24(they had a different flight pattern back then, at set distances the missiles would converge for pinpoint mega damage. srms were stronger too and accidentally had a multiplier on back armor damage) plus ammo in sidetorsos blowing things the gently caress up. It didn't matter what tactics they had - just charge in and alpha their faces off. I think that was the era we all still ran on single heatsinks.

We even had animated banners about it, it was that good. It features a mawesome pelvis thrusting as it obliterated some poor robbit.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

armchairyoda posted:

god dammit fil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3KqxAv7J0

no. i will never not post that video.

God drat I will never like that video enough.

EDIT: Will also be a day 1 backer for Harbrained's BT rebirth. I love the new Shadowrun, so I don't see them loving the pooch

Thronde fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 31, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I really was a victory over all. He pretty much mutilated a TBW, but just couldn't get enough shot time to score the final kill shot.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Clearly you haven't used enough video cards. Shitler.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I might start loving around with this poo poo heap again. Won't spend any $$$, but I'll gently caress off with Goons.

Except Skoll. gently caress that twatwaffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Anita Dickinme posted:

That wording doe.

Soon, as in 2012.

• Locked thread