Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

no mel gibson, 0/10.

I mean imagine what it would be like having a character named mad max played by someone actually insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They should make a mad max prequel where we find out why he's mad

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Ahundredbux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppGwEA6wWt4

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Jabberlock posted:

no mel gibson, 0/10.

I mean imagine what it would be like having a character named mad max played by someone actually insane

Tbh I would have liked him in this one. Mel Gibson's aged pretty well and can still play a badass, having him in this movie as an aged tired Max would make a ton of sense.

Ahundredbux posted:

The original movie Mad Max explained that pretty well.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Im sure Mel "The Iraeli-nator" Gibson will have a cameo.

Bald chicks with robo parts are pretty hot.

Dubstep Car Rape: The Movie.

:colbert:

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

The people don't look dusty and dirty enough. They all look too clean.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Ahundredbux posted:

as a mad max fan this post is infuriating...

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

david... posted:

as a mad max fan this post is infuriating...

Worse, he probably isn't trolling and is wondering if he missed a scene in "The Road Warrior" that explains everything... cause obviously "The Road Warrior" is the first movie and we need Fury Road to complete the trilogy.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You know it would be quite fitting because the first movie was actually banned from cinemas here.

Not that it really matters to me though since they all came out before I was born.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ahundredbux posted:

You know it would be quite fitting because the first movie was actually banned from cinemas here.

Not that it really matters to me though since they all came out before I was born.

Wait...

Why the heck was it banned? Its pretty darn tame.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Shadoer posted:

Tbh I would have liked him in this one. Mel Gibson's aged pretty well and can still play a badass, having him in this movie as an aged tired Max would make a ton of sense.

Serious Post: Mel Gibson was a really good villain in Expendables 3.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

psyopmonkey posted:

Wait...

Why the heck was it banned? Its pretty darn tame.

Yeah compared to the Road Warrior, Mad Max was like a kids show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfL4xKQeSfo

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

there's a big gay shirtless man with a cap and bow tie and they drive over a baby and there's gross murders I guess

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Justin Godscock posted:

Serious Post: Mel Gibson is a really good villain in life.

Fixed.

:dance:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Why is this so amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_CN4Tz_Cs

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
I think it looked like the poo poo. It also gets a thumbs up from me from using at least some practical effects and not being a total CGI piece of poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!
Gravy Boat 2k
Three pages into this thread and no :madmax: ??? What the gently caress, I'm disappointed.

Looking forward to this movie though. Looks like goofy action, which I'm a big fan of.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
These days I don't get my hopes up for sequels (or any movie really), but the trailer was entertaining and I've watched it 5 or 6 times already so that's 15 minutes of free entertainment. A lot of detail went into the vehicles and outfits.

Killdozer's son is even in the movie.

It's nice to see a car chase movie that 1) actually smashes up real cars and 2) doesn't feel like a commercial. If the third act features a 2015 Mustang that somehow survived the apocalypse in mint condition I'll be more than a little disappointed.

Disclaimer: I have no bias against any part of the color spectrum, I watch movies for escapism not realism, and I think Speed Racer is a work of art.

edit: Watching this has inspired me to re-install FUEL so that's a plus.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 11, 2014

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^^and the dude jumping like that is retarded. Tired of this comic book style crap. Wasn't it harrowing enough when they'd just climb onto the vehicles? Going full blown autist here

Some of the vehicles look cool. But what the gently caress, no blue heeler and a ridiculous fire tornado?

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 11, 2014

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TOILETLORD posted:

Also since everyone has the internet won't the audience now realize that no one would have any gas, gas has a shelve life of what a few months a year at most with chemicals added to it.

lol op never heard of the walking dead

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Ahundredbux posted:

You should maybe watch mad max unless you want to know why Mel Gibson is nuts. That's probably down to mental illness fuelled by drugs and booze.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im gonna be honest the 1st movie wasn't that good

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

the worst was the second half of thunderdome

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

idiot

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Naw, I'm sorry but road warrior is SO MUCH better. The 1st movies bike gang are incredibly lame and half the movie is max's gf getting chased by them lol

i cheered when she finally got run over

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Cundalini wants his hand back, motherfuckers.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

Naw, I'm sorry but road warrior is SO MUCH better. The 1st movies bike gang are incredibly lame and half the movie is max's gf getting chased by them lol

i cheered when she finally got run over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNTNsr4eurQ

:uhaul::eyepop::fuckoff:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That's the best part of the whole movie

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

I get their point though. I recently watched all three in rapid succession (thanks, flu, or whatever the hell you were!) after having only basically familiarity and seen bits and pieces of all three, and the first feels like a very different movie. I liked Mad Max a lot, and thought it was interesting how different in style the first two movies are. The Road Warrior is probably my favorite because it's just wall-to-wall awesome poo poo, but Mad Max has a really distinct 70s movie feel to it that I can get into.

I knew the whole Never Never Land feral child dickhead tree village part of Beyond Thunderdome was coming just because it's been parodied here and there, but I was still amazed by how jarring and out of place it was in the series. What the hell.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I feel bad for you OP, to have such lovely opinions.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

I feel bad for you OP, to have such lovely opinions.

take something good, and then go out of your way to add as much extra poo poo as possible to it to try and make it more badass than something that was already badass, end up with a cartoon made for children. they lose a bunch of points for just having the guy playing max speak. plus the new lord humungus looks dumb, cyborg people, what the hell, half the fun of the originals was that it was just normal people becoming horrible people. That's gone kinda takes a lot away from the film.

they also kinda lose out because they went for the OMG epic film bringing the ninja dilemma 1 ninja dangerous 1000 not a threat. Looks like they are trying to just make a peter jackson movie on wheels. What's the deal with them showing so many pale rear end people why don't any of the actors have tans, and why do they look like they got 5 baths a day.

Hollywood always focuses now on movies doing one thing good then poo poo on everything else so they have something to market and you almost always end up wityh something fun to watch maybe once for the spectacle then afterwards gets forgotten.

poo poo, went down hill fast after they stopped using real film, and they started to pay actors millions, quick tip, fire any actor who wants more than a million dollars and just hire people who want to work. Heck hollywood would probably benefit if they full nonunion again.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

youre not even trying anymore

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

FogHelmut posted:

youre not even trying anymore

no i'm not. I made this thread yesterday before i went to work and i just wanted to see how many responses i could get.

So honestly i'm curious why are there less real car crashes in lots of movies now. Can't studios just buy a bunch of poo poo heap cars and just get the engine running for a scene and wreck it? Are stunt men over paid babies now?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

gender illusionist posted:

You should maybe watch mad max unless you want to know why Mel Gibson is nuts. That's probably down to mental illness fuelled by drugs and booze.

I've seen it and Mel Gibson, I know.

Passion of the christ was hilarious tho

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

TOILETLORD posted:

take something good, and then go out of your way to add as much extra poo poo as possible to it to try and make it more badass than something that was already badass, end up with a cartoon made for children. they lose a bunch of points for just having the guy playing max speak. plus the new lord humungus looks dumb, cyborg people, what the hell, half the fun of the originals was that it was just normal people becoming horrible people. That's gone kinda takes a lot away from the film.

they also kinda lose out because they went for the OMG epic film bringing the ninja dilemma 1 ninja dangerous 1000 not a threat. Looks like they are trying to just make a peter jackson movie on wheels. What's the deal with them showing so many pale rear end people why don't any of the actors have tans, and why do they look like they got 5 baths a day.

Hollywood always focuses now on movies doing one thing good then poo poo on everything else so they have something to market and you almost always end up wityh something fun to watch maybe once for the spectacle then afterwards gets forgotten.

poo poo, went down hill fast after they stopped using real film, and they started to pay actors millions, quick tip, fire any actor who wants more than a million dollars and just hire people who want to work. Heck hollywood would probably benefit if they full nonunion again.

Why don't you tell me what's really on your mind?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TOILETLORD posted:

no i'm not. I made this thread yesterday before i went to work and i just wanted to see how many responses i could get.

So honestly i'm curious why are there less real car crashes in lots of movies now. Can't studios just buy a bunch of poo poo heap cars and just get the engine running for a scene and wreck it? Are stunt men over paid babies now?

mel gibson was in fact ranting about the studio bosses not ponying up the cash for real car crashes

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gender illusionist posted:

Why don't you tell me what's really on your mind?

i hate new movies, because most of them are unimaginative and lazy top to bottom while costing like 1000X more than they used to. Everyone now looks far too young to be playing the roles they are playing. R movies are usually weaker than old pg or pg-13 movies.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

this is why i dont even get interested in most action movies anymore

what is the point of a car chase without a mangled mass of metal at the end? cgi cars are not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

satanic splash-back posted:

this is why i dont even get interested in most action movies anymore

what is the point of a car chase without a mangled mass of metal at the end? cgi cars are not good.

another big problem is modern crumple points so lots of car disintegrate too easily.

• Locked thread