Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

only good when it's slightly warm, on a pile of bbq meats. like they do @ Q39 in kansas city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

5-HT posted:

only good when it's slightly warm, on a pile of bbq meats. like they do @ Q39 in kansas city

this is my jam

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah that looks pretty dang tasty.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Skinny King Pimp posted:

i like making slaw with vinegar and just a little bit of mayo. also with caraway seeds because i'm gay for them.

i prefer celery seed

also lol if you mix all the poo poo in a big bowl and call it a day. youre supposed to salt the cabbage first to get the water out.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
slaw dog?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Ahundredbux posted:

obviously I only make my own coleslaw that way I know it's of high quality, now you probably only tasted McDonald's coleslaw seeing as most of you are cultureless Americans

mcdonalds has coleslaw?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Coleslaw is either really good or really bad. It has no middle ground. You'll never have Coleslaw that was just alright.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

vas0line posted:

cabbage
carrots
red onion
sliced almonds
sesame seeds
olive oil
rice vinegar
mirin
salt
pepper
sugar

mayonnaise is a vile substance and does not belong in coleslaw

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cole Slaw is the name of my shadowrun character

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cobb salad is pretty cool.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

slaw is good. use vinegar and don't put sugar or heaps of mayo in that poo poo.

i need that tang. unnngh that tang.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
slaw is good but waldorf salad is the best

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
kim chi

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Uhhmm, gently caress you if you think it's gross???

Cole slaw is clearly good. It makes you fart like no tomorrow afterwards, but for it being what maybe you claim as cold and unforgiving, it is very filling and goes well with chicken, hot dogs, beef, anything.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
True story it used to be called cold slaw and marketed to orientals. They couldn't pronounce the hard "D" at the end of cold. So it soon became cole slaw.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Add diced apple and spicy mustard powder, thanks.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Otto von Ruthless posted:

coleslaw is loving gross

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
used to like coleslaw when i was five

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TEAYCHES posted:

Cole Slaw is the name of my shadowrun character
That's a good shadowrun name :bsdsnype:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I make this one salad with quinoa (I know) cooked with stock, roasted sweet potato, purple onion and red pepper, and fresh arugula with lemon juice, olive oil, salt pepper and a bit of smoked paprika as the dressing and it is pretty good. I also really like tabbouleh and I'm pretty sure that counts as salad. Coleslaw is ok too but I prefer vinegar to mayo and you gotta salt the cabbage, fool

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
How many loving cole slaw threads do we need?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671189

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Best slaw is the almost-bland, barely sweet and creamy kind (like half mayo and half actual cream in the dressing, and only a dash of vinegar and sugar). It makes the best contrast with bbq or crispy fried foods like fish. Vinegar slaw tends to veer off into sweet-and-sour bullshit or crap like pineapple slivers. If I want full sour it's time for kraut or kimchi.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
IGA has this pasta salad with pieces of bacon. Definitely up there on the list of best salad.

But potato salad will always be king.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
What if you make your own mayo, would that be acceptable?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
all salads should somehow be at least 50% mayo in order to be a contender for best salad

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
Ignore the name "garden vegetable chopped salad", these kits are basically broccoli slaw with a kinda sweet fruity slaw dressing and I'd always pick one up if I was making ribs or something of that sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Coleslaw is pretty much #2 best salad, Top spot is Styrian Potato Salad.
Anyone who disagrees is a gay, stupid neckbeard and can 1v1 me. In a pool of styrian potato salad.

• Locked thread