Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Thursday, December 11th is NXT Takeover – RRRRREvolution, the latest NXT quarterly Special Event. There is a preshow at 7:30 with a Corey Graves retirement segment leading into the 8pm EST event, don’t ya dare miss it.

-------

Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville © – NXT Championship; if Zayn loses, he says he is “done”.

These two have been involved in every NXT special event in one way or another, with their rivalry coming to a head at the Fatal 4 Way event. The two had previously been competitive friends, but when Zayn had a victory in hand, Neville desperately pulls the ref out of the ring. Zayn gets into Neville’s face about his actions, but gets taken out in response. The defeated Zayn, now with a chip on his shoulder, goes on a tear against the remaining competitors of the Fatal 4 Way and earns his 1 on 1 shot against Neville. During this, Neville’s comments about Sami Zayn not being able to “win the big one” has escalated from friendly teasing to declared fact. On their last confrontation before the event, Neville extended his hand out to Zayn for tongue-in-cheek sportsmanship, but Sami replied with a slap that drops Adrian to one knee. Zayn has declared that he is “done” if he cannot win this match, and Neville now feels no remorse for this choice.

Finn Balor & Hideo Itami vs. The Ascension

When The Ascension were usurped of their Tag Team Championship by the Lucha Dragons, they were looking for someone to vent their fist frustrations on. Enter a debuting Hideo Itami, who got a warm welcome from Konnor and Viktor. Itami responded to them the only way he knows how; kicking them in the head. The Ascension would not be showed up so easily however, as they took out Hideo’s handler Funaki in retaliation. Itami needed firepower to compete against these two, so he recruited the mysterious Finn Balor to assist him in the feud. Since Finn’s debut, the Ascension have spent their time being drop kicked, Brazilian kicked, double stomped, kneed, and overall beat up. With a rumored main roster spot in the chamber, The Ascension look to go out of NXT on top, while Balor and Itami want to send the goth squad packing personally.

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte © - NXT Women’s Championship

“The Boss” of NXT, Sasha Banks has always felt slighted from Charlotte ever since their days in the BFFs. Summer Rae, then the head of the BFFs, took Charlotte in and Sasha took that as her being pushed to the side, which became even more apparent after Charlotte won the NXT Championship. After the Diva stable dissolved, Sasha took offense to Bayley getting a shot at the title, and Charlotte showing her respect in defeat. Sasha has recruited Bayley’s friend Becky Lynch into turning on her, beating her into a leg brace and crutches when Charlotte was not around to have Bayley’s back. Now with the title on the line, Charlotte wants to finish the fight with Sasha, and build momentum coming off of her Monday Night RAW debut. Sasha wants to prove that “The Boss” was always the star of the group, and the championship belt would be her evidence.

The Vaudevillians vs. Lucha Dragons © - NXT Tag Team Championship

The Lucha Dragons of Sin Cara and Kalisto beat the Vaudevillians of Aiden English and Simon Gotch to win a NXT Tag Team Tournament to become #1 Contenders for The Ascension’s titles, which they would take at Fatal 4 Way. The Vaudevillians want to run back that tournament final, and take the titles back to a dandier time. They have been trying to psyche out the Dragons by applying Little Person Intimidation. The Lucha Dragons have devious plans to rob banks with nuclear bombs and dropping water balloons on people from rooftops, and they cannot do these things without the belts.

Also advertised for the card is the live debut of Kevin Owens.

Other storylines that could work into Takeover are Baron Corbin competing with Bull Dempsey in jobber sprints, Marcus Louis lurking to hurt Tyler Breeze, who is sneaking selfies and digits with Natalya behind Tyson Kidd’s back, and the continued adventures of Enzo, Big Cass, and Yoko Ono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is the most excited I've been for a WWE wrestling event in recent memory.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

you almost made me think this was today

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

I wish it was, I'd be able to watch it live. Looks on paper like it should be an improvement over the last mediocre special and I'm hyped for Steen's debut.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is the least I've been excited for an NXT special but i'm sure it'll be as good as the previous three

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I've been really liking the build for this show so hopefully it will be a solid show instead of the last special which had a lot of bland stuff in it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want Owens to debut one of 2 ways: Destroy Bull Demspey, or hit the ring on Sami.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I want Owens to debut one of 2 ways: Destroy Bull Demspey, or hit the ring on Sami.

I want Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey to stare off.

And then Kevin Owens to come out and slaughter them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cardboard Box posted:

I actually thought it was :smith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I want Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey to stare off.

And then Kevin Owens to come out and slaughter them.

Yeah, that would also be okay.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well, it'll be the best 'special event' WWE puts out this month.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Aren't GDT supposed to be posted on the GD :colbert:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Cardboard Box posted:

I'm dumb and actually thought it was today because of the thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Aren't GDT supposed to be posted on the GD :colbert:

The rules are suspended for indie geeks.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Sorry for the blue ballin, dudes. I thought it was standard for the GDT to go up the day before, but I guess that only makes sense if there are weigh-ins for the day before.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

beggar posted:

Sorry for the blue ballin, dudes. I thought it was standard for the GDT to go up the day before, but I guess that only makes sense if there are weigh-ins for the day before.

it's fine don't listen to them

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Sami/Neville gonna be good y'all.

Then they'll be on Raw losing in three minutes to Miz via rollup

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

beggar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXx6ahkl6os

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When they were saying the name of the show, I thought they were saying "Our Evolution", which is way less dumb than "Arr Evolution".

Show's gonna own though. I can't believe how well-rounded the roster is lately.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is a real good card and I'm excited. I hope Future Megastar Sami Zayn can finally win the big one!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

When they were saying the name of the show, I thought they were saying "Our Evolution", which is way less dumb than "Arr Evolution".

Show's gonna own though. I can't believe how well-rounded the roster is lately.
wait it's seriously called R Evolution and not Revolution? I figured it was just a stupid formatting thing

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

oatgan posted:

wait it's seriously called R Evolution and not Revolution? I figured it was just a stupid formatting thing

I think its both, it might not be coming off right though. Like its their evolution but its also a revolution. I blame all those lazy millennials with their texting instead of grabbing brass rings.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

It's supposed to be a play on words, it's just really clumsy.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Kevin Owens is gonna debut with Paul Birchall's pirate gimmick, it'll be his arr evolution.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

When you say it it's supposed to sound like 'Our Evolution'. Even Zayn and Neville seem confused by it on the Jerichocast they did recently, haha

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The show should have been named Takeover: Redemption and we all know it.

Also, I am unbelievably pumped for tonight. I cooked extra dinner last night just to make sure there wasn't any poo poo to pull me away from the TV.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I like REvolution :shobon:

I was also okay with ArRival. REvolution is better.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

As someone who has shamefully not watched much of the weekly show since Fatal 4 way, I watched the catch-up show but have I missed out on any particularly good segments that didn't make it into that episode? Thinking Enzo & Cass in particular. Standout matches in the last few months of tv would also be cool.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hope Owens debuts against Tyson Kidd because that would be a good and fun match. If Graves is retiring I'm surprised they're giving him a segment to announce it since he really didn't do anything of substance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bhester posted:

If Graves is retiring I'm surprised they're giving him a segment to announce it since he really didn't do anything of substance.

It is a good PR exercise in light of the CM Punk interview and the claims about talent welfare. But still this was coming down the line naturally too.

If I had to bet on anything it would be he is retiring and becoming an announcer. He has been seen by press practicing announcing at the Performance Centre during the WWE 2k15 PR event. Also the graphic of his announcement has him standing in front of the announce team.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Me and my buddies will be there tonight, looking forward to a great show. I'm working until 5 today, but my friend headed down there early just to walk around and mingle. Then this happened.

I am fraught with envy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wow what educational institution taught Big Cass how to be that tall?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wherever it is, Devitt better start taking summer school there.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

You have to be very teachable to attain that height.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

it's fine don't listen to them

no. everybody listen to me.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm way more excited for this rather than TLC. I want Zayn to win so badly

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm way more excited for this rather than TLC. I want Zayn to win so badly

I realized when entering my predictions for TLC that there's a very real chance I won't even bother to watch it, but I've been counting the days/hours since last week for tonight.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The important thing here, will I see a man do a flippy?

Yes, yes I will.

See y'all at 8.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
So pumped for the main event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3_Gmzn610

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I must say the shared feeling of success and happiness from Steen's peers from his Indies today on social media has been so awesome.

The show is hours away and it is already fixing to be really special.

• Locked thread