Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Actually he's playing the Anaheim Ducks. Same difference if you think about it really.

For extra thread points, please rank the following items in terms of likelihood:

- Jonathan Bernier explains in an in-game interview how he used to love watching Ghandi play while growing up
    - Viktor Fasth gets hit in the head by a flying stick
    - Taylor Hall gets his boating licence
    - Joe Louis arena appears 80% full by the second period
    - Someone on the Ducks contracts the mumps mid-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

No one really cares but this crowd sounds surprisingly spirited. I guess it helps when the Leafs and Wings are both in decent places in the standings. Or Sportsnet is just doing a good job with sound levels cause there are a loooot of empty seats in that lower bowl.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Doc Emerick calling a Maple Leafs game feels as natural as fake breasts on Oprah.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Doc Emerick calling a Maple Leafs game feels as natural as fake breasts on Oprah.

I actually don't mind Doc but I only watch like one NBC game a month so that's probably part of it.

Also whole lotta partial breakaways for the Wings so far.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Personally I think it makes for fun, exciting hockey when the Leafs literally can't string one pass together. Not one.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I can't get over how fast this Detroit team is compared to the last few seasons.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
free davidson

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Reimer's doing well in a shooting gallery but the Leafs are playing like poo poo and they'll probably lose so he won't get another start for three weeks.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I just noticed that Carlyle broke up the Leafs' two best possession lines to accomodate adding Brandon Kozun to the fourth line for some awful reason. Sure feels like an organization that's embraced stats!

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Koopa Kid posted:

I just noticed that Carlyle broke up the Leafs' two best possession lines to accomodate adding Brandon Kozun to the fourth line for some awful reason. Sure feels like an organization that's embraced stats!

"Oh we're actually playing like a team? BREAK UP THE LINES LET'S START OVER!"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

dyn posted:

"Oh we're actually playing like a team? BREAK UP THE LINES LET'S START OVER!"

Especially to give Brandon Kozun of all people 8 minutes of playing time. Not to mention that he's effectively burying Winnik, who's been pretty important to getting the puck moving in the right direction despite being terrible at scoring.

Also it's the second game of a back-to-back and they didn't skate this morning, there's no way they practiced with these lines.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gardiner has been pretty good so far this period. The Leafs' "top line" is terrible as usual.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol Tatar

I'll take 4 on 4 then a short powerplay over a Daniel Winnik penalty shot, actually

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Reimer putting up a wall right now

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
well someone has to. leafs d is terrible.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

This is a pretty miserable game overall, yeah

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!
Is Bryz starting for Anaheim tonight? Please?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
The leafs are basically hanging on for dear life, and hoping to either get lucky or hold out to get a point. Not very fun to watch.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

mindofme posted:

Is Bryz starting for Anaheim tonight? Please?

signs point to anderson :sigh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
ducks are 1st in the nhl, oilers are not only last but on the back half of a back to back and third game in four nights

:rip:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah this game is just sad.

forward pass
Dec 9, 2005

Y'all get back now.
finally, Jesus

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Shots on goal: Red Wings 22, Maple Leafs 10

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:siren: brandon davidson making his NHL debut. aulie is scratched. this is not a drill.

Hall-RNH-Pitlick
Yak-Draisaitl-Eberle
Perron-Arco-Purcell
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pinz

Davidson(debut)-Schultz
Klefbom-Fayne
Ference-Petry

ugh its with schultz :negative:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
oilers being pre-empted on sportsnet west by the end of the lovely leafs game? lol.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

toe knee hand posted:

oilers being pre-empted on sportsnet west by the end of the lovely leafs game? lol.

its on sportsnet1 until the leafs game is over

pregame on sportsnet1 was the fifth ot from 2000 pit-phi game for some reason

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kessel! :unsmith:

Kadri :smith:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
go the oilers

try to at least keep it interesting for the first couple periods

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

fits posted:

its on sportsnet1 until the leafs game is over

pregame on sportsnet1 was the fifth ot from 2000 pit-phi game for some reason

does everyone who gets sportsnet west get sportsnet1?

i watch online but they mentioned it on the broadcast

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

toe knee hand posted:

does everyone who gets sportsnet west get sportsnet1?

i watch online but they mentioned it on the broadcast

i have literally no idea

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Liiiiiittle too low on that hit. Little bit.

Also reminder for anyone who thinks Bozak is good 5 on 5 that a significant amount of his points come from "being on the ice at the same time as Phil Kessel"

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
rene bork and smith-pelly, first line wingers

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

.... Gonna regret missing on that one, Howard was beat

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
three and a half minutes in and ference has both iced it and taken a dumb interference penalty

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:siren: the oilers have taken their first shot

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

This is Lupul's worst game in a long time. Always on the wrong side of the puck, and when he does get it he immediately passes to a Wing.

Also lol Phaneuf

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'm not watching game as I'm stuck at work. Lupus hasn't looked great since returning. Seems like he needs to get his legs back as he always seems to be chasing the puck now.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

:siren: the oilers have taken their first second shot

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

HBNRW posted:

I'm not watching game as I'm stuck at work. Lupus hasn't looked great since returning. Seems like he needs to get his legs back as he always seems to be chasing the puck now.

Uh, he had 4G 4A in 6 games prior to tonight since returning.

Holzer bad. drat it Kadri, why couldn't you have scored on that breakaway, then we maybe might not have been exposed to another 5 minutes of this garbage hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I can't believe the Leafs are getting a point out of this nonsense.

Where's the guy that bags on Reimer for everything?

• Locked thread