Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there are two kinds of current events there are the current events that are interesting and fun to talk about and the current events that inspire tedious goony circlejerking

maybe uh just gas the news threads when they turn into tedious circlejerks and don't gas the ones that are good imo

there is no reason to open up a new subforum specifically for boring people to snipe angrily at each other about rape and gun control and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

gnarlyhotep posted:

look at this guy who thinks it's easy to weed out the good from the bad

yeah man, brb I'm in my future star trek replicator where it's all easy

it's real easy imo just strike hard and mercilessly when political arguments start bc they're always dumb and excruciating to read and reveal the severe mental illness of goons

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
dont give goons a goddamn above ground pool filled with poo poo to play in dont bring back lf dont segregate gbs these are bad thoughts imo

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

idk just don't read it then. I think there is humor to be found in the extreme political positions people will take. if you don't like political discussion don't click on 'Communism and GBS' it's pretty easy to avoid if you really don't want to see it.

yeah cool good keep it in gbs where people can make fun of you and a poisonous circlejerk won't form leading to secret service visits and worse

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i dont understand why we cant have news in reg gbs except that when people are clearly just trying to pick a fight about social issues because their lives are worthless and have no intention of even attempting to have a good time with posting friends you uh be rid of them

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there are clearly good and not terrible current event threads in gbs right now for the sake of christ

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
takin it real fuckin easy!!!

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
idk it seems like those people are gonna hunt for war criminals and rape enablists and racist dogwhistlers regardless of context

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there's a news thread about the navy's new laser cannon and people are using it as a platform to perform an internet outrage spectacle about american military atrocities which seems to me like the least amount of fun someone can have talking about bigass lasers

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i guess they should be allowed to do that but it just looks like elaborate and affected shitposting to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
you see what happens ghtp you give these people an inch

• Locked thread