Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Slice or pound some boneless chicken breast thin, marinate it in ranch for a few hours, throw that poo poo under the broiler until it starts to get brown. Only reason to buy boneless breast, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't like ranch all that much but I'll eat it with some veggies every now and then

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

I didn't even know ranch with pizza was a thing until I moved to a redneck town

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

paranoid randroid posted:

olive oil + red wine vinegar + a little fresh rosemary

Don't forget the garlic powder and Dijon mustard.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
The best sauce for spicy wings is the spicy sauce

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The sauce is boss. It should be rancher dressing, not ranch, it's the rancher who is the boss of the activities on the ranch. Fatties are dumb.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ranch is mostly buttermilk and mayonnaise for those who aren't aware

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Ranch is kind of gross-tasting, and also fat people put it on everything.

Ranch Doritos are pretty great though.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Ranch is the most American of all the salad dressings.

All the complainers are just hipster elitist liberals who hate America.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
But what came first: ranch, or cool ranch?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Mustard is the best condiment, other condiments ain't poo poo to a good jar of mustard

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

It's actually interesting that chipotle was mentioned so early in the thread, because I do hate on chipotle, the restaurant, because they have an incredibly patronizing radio commercial that aired like 2 years ago and I took it personally. And I say it's interesting, because I also refuse to buy any Sabra brand dips, because their radio commercial treated me like I'm an rear end hole for liking ranch. Because apparently they can't explain why it's called ranch.

Here's a fact, you fucks at Sabra, IT'S CALLED RANCH DRESSING BECAUSE IT WAS INVENTED ON A RANCH! WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?!?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's weird as hell.

I eat a regular garbage goon diet, but the one thing I feel most overtly embarrassed and ashamed about liking is crisp hot fast food fries and those foil-topped ranch dipping things they give out with chicken nuggets. It's like, a bunch of cheeseburgers? Fine, no biggie, but just getting an order of fries and asking for ranch sauce...oh, that's when the shame kicks in. I don't even do it on a regular basis, since I'm a cheap motherfucker, but when I do I feel like a trash person, just sitting in my car at the drive-thru making the cashier go out of their way to get me some ranch-like condiments.

gently caress.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I use it on celery when I go overboard with spicy sauce and burn myself.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i hate blue cheese and bones so i use ranch on my bone-out wings, which are really just chicken nuggets in spicy sauce i guess.

I also put it on lovely pizza. That is, oven-bake pizzas, a pizza from a national pizza chain, and that's pretty much it.

Otherwise it's a forgettable condiment, but boy howdy it can make a really lovely pizza taste awesome.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
both dressing and mayo are gross

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ranch is good IMO op

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
ranch is good but only if it is omega 3, grass-fed, certified organic, overpriced and pretentious

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

ranch can be a good dip but i can't imagine why you would use it as an actual salad dressing. and i'll never understand the pizza thing, i think people are making that up as a joke, i've never seen it happen in person.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Id never even head of it until this year.

It is the most American, trash, retarded "dressing" I have ever come across.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Sojenus posted:

ranch can be a good dip but i can't imagine why you would use it as an actual salad dressing. and i'll never understand the pizza thing, i think people are making that up as a joke, i've never seen it happen in person.

OK listen
.. try this.,.. next time you're at the hut for the lunch buffet.... or even better... cicis..... pile your plate up with some slices o that greasy sausage n 'roni..... pile it up... then go over to the salad bar... its usually nearby... ladle a bunch of ranch all over your 'za pile. It should look like a snow capped peak haha. Then eat that thing... eat it all. The creamy cool ranch really mellows out the spicy sausage and cuts the grease....
Another thing it does is it adds a lot of lubrication so the 'za goes down smooooooth

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
fat goons w fat opinions

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

don't ever try ranch on good pizza. It's a waste of good pizza, and a misuse of ranch. It will just perplex you why anybody does it. Get a little caesars, or a totinos party pizza, or pizza hut, then try it, and you will understand.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I do a salad with spinach, celery, mushrooms, black olives, red onion, sunflower seeds, shredded bacon and fresh black pepper that is pretty baller with ranch on it, but that's the only legitimately non-shameful use for the stuff I can think of.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

OK listen
.. try this.,.. next time you're at the hut for the lunch buffet.... or even better... cicis..... pile your plate up with some slices o that greasy sausage n 'roni..... pile it up... then go over to the salad bar... its usually nearby... ladle a bunch of ranch all over your 'za pile. It should look like a snow capped peak haha. Then eat that thing... eat it all. The creamy cool ranch really mellows out the spicy sausage and cuts the grease....
Another thing it does is it adds a lot of lubrication so the 'za goes down smooooooth

like i'm going to get my za on anywhere but with the king of rome. that poo poo be perfect, it ain't need nothin

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
one time my friends and i were all smoking hella weed at his place while his parents were gone so we raided the fridge and found some of those frozen jalapeno poppers so were like hell yeah oven them btiches up and when they were done and we were eating them i said "yo you know what these need?" and meand a friend said at the exact same time "ranch" and we laughed our asses off that poo poo was hilarious anyway thats my ranch story cya

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
ranch is the white trashiest of condiments

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

uG posted:

ranch is the white trashiest of condiments

no, vinaigrette is because that's what they eat in Europe aka the Mississippi of the world

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i probably eat ranch close to every day. that's not a joke.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Eating ranch, are you? Pretty tasty, isn't it? Wanna know what you're eating?

God's cum

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've hated ranch ever since they had it in those squeezy bottles in the school cafeteria alongside the mustard. It was room temperature and must have been watered down, and kids would squirt it all over their cafeteria fries and cafeteria pizza and my brain curdled like the ranch didn't.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Treebeh posted:

You're wrong because blue cheese is obviously the ultimate sauce for spicy wings

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Ranch is tasty. I don't see why there is such a stigma against it. It is an American Classic. And just because you enjoy ranch doesn't mean you don't enjoy other dressings.

End the stigma. I eat ranch, and I'm proud.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
peoples who love ranch tend to have many food preferences that gross me out

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
if you have to put a sauce on your finished prepared food it's probably poo poo food in the first place and you might as well just drink your sauce.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

if you have to put a sauce on your finished prepared food it's probably poo poo food in the first place and you might as well just drink your sauce.

yes, all sauces are gross, what are you people thinking?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

"Only white people like ranch"- GBS- meanwhile the blacks are eating Ranch by the gallon. Fuckhead

goons are loving racist as poo poo

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Dipping your fries in mayonnaise is superior to ketchup.

Ranch is fine. When I'm eating spicy wings I'll alternate between bleu cheese and ranch with each wing. Dunno why, I just like to, is that so wrong?

My favorite salad dressing is balsamic vinaigrette but I have used ranch before on those very plain salads that are basically just lettuce/spinach/tomatoes/carrots and it's alright, just don't drown it in dressing.

I've never dipped pizza in ranch, though I've heard about people doing it. I guess it's just not really a thing where I'm from.

BBQ sauce is the best dipping sauce for nuggets. Either that or honey.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Reuben sandwich with Thousand Island dressing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love hollandaise on baked potatoes with a little Worcestershire and fresh chives.
Need potato.

• Locked thread